Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 07:12

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

happy (????) monday, thinkthin!

Well, I'm posting my weight because I MADE MY 2 POUND GOAL FOR THE WEEK

2/25/08: 205

You might want to weigh today after all - usually the carb fest takes a day or two to catch up with you, and that way we can have start weights together - or put your weight in from Saturday or Sunday morning :-)

I get to work from home tomorrow because we're getting new carpet in our living room and hall. Sounds like the weather is going to be pretty bad, so it'll work out well.

That's all I got for today (happiness is losing a pound ).
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 11:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

hey chris woohoo on the 2lb weight loss. wtg!!! ok so i weighed out of curiousity and i gained 2lbs from last weeks monday weigh in. i probably gained more than that, but since i only weigh once a week i have no clue what my low was for the week oh well! anyway im at 267 and started meat and egg fast today.
working from home sounds lovely especially in this nasty weather! i can not wait for warmer temps!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 12:25

BF:

Hey, would you post your menu's for the meat and egg fast? that was one thing I was considering trying (or IF or both, sheesh) but only once I get to a less-than-two-pound week. The big thing is that I really like to cook, find it quite theraputic, and with only meat and eggs to work with, it's a limited menu.

Don't sweat the 2 pounds, btb - fluctuations are normal, and you're back on track now, right-o?
Chris
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 19:37

BF:

ok so i know i said i wasn't going to do meat and eggs, but then i decided not to. i wasn't prepared basically and when i do it i eat a lot of hard boiled eggs and i hadn't made any the night b4. i also had only 2 eggs left, soooo i just did regular old low carb today. but i have done it in the past and really good results...this is what i usually eat
b-bacon
l-buger
d-chix/steak and eggs
s-hard boiled eggs when hungry and only water
to be honest it's really gross, but works very well. let me know when you do it how much weight you loose. i did it for 1 day and lost 2lbs!! im still not sure if i will do it tomorrow...i'll let you know.
how's it going??
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 06:42

BF:

hi thinkthin!

I lost another .4 pound! Tomorrow must be "bounce up" day - I tend to be very bouncy on the scale. Still, it's a good sign that my 2 pounds for last week are kosher :-)

I'm doing pretty good. I'm working from home today because we're getting new carpet installed this afternoon and I CAN'T WAIT. Since we moved out here (it'll be 3 yrs at the end of May), we've been re-making this house to suit our needs. It was built in the early 70's and they never updated - the carpet in the living room was this cheap loop in dark blue and it really made things look icky. We got plush polished brass to go with the ceramic tile Brian put in the kitchen (then he just put some in front of the fireplace and the front "door" - it's a slider, we have an A frame, it's a really unique place). Anyway, I think it's going to improve the look of the main floor 100x over. I'm feeling really good about the diet at this point, despite a conversation with my mom about it on Sunday (she's always been thin and has always resented having a fat daughter and doesn't believe in low carb). But I'm living proof that it works - 13.4 pounds down in just 5 weeks!

I've got this thing I make that might be useful to you. I call it eggchickensalad, and if you like mayo, it could be the M&E staple you've been looking for.

I take a chicken breast and run it through the food processor with anywhere from 5-7 hard boiled eggs, then add as much mayo as I like. This time I stirred in chopped bacon at the end. It's kind of mousse-y and creamy and yummy, and also very filling. No carbs at all (although you can add celery and anything else you might like for texture). This is the second week I've been eating it for lunch and it sure does the trick. I'm going to hold off on M&E until I fail to make goal for a week (2 pounds per week is my goal). Also, I post all my menus in my journal if you want to take a peek. I've been doing awful with working out this week, but it doesn't seem to make a difference at this point. I think the colon cleanse is helping too - it must be with all the awful stuff that's coming out of me!

Well, off to pay some bills and do some work. Have a good one!
Chris
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 11:58

BF:

hey chris!! your renovations sound awesome...you should take some pics and put them up in your gallery so i could see them i can't wait to purchase a home and fix it all up! isn't nice working from home in this snow we have outside? it is so nice being a sahm now...i just remember DREADING going to work in this yuck. now, if it's nasty out i don't go out at all.
your chicken salad sounds soooo good. im going to make it after i pick up some chix breast up at the store im going to try it out! and next time im doing m&e that WILL be my staple! speaking up staples, right now i am living off of bunless burgers and cabbage...i dont' know, but i want it everyday! do you do that? im going to have a peak in your journal to see what you have been eating
my son is crying...time for napy
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 11:55

BF:

Yum yum - had my first batch of fried cabbage last night and it's a KEEPER! It was awesome fried in bacon fat and olive oil with bacon and a little onion. Had it with the best-est LC meatloaf EVER. Having the meatloaf again tonight, yummy!!!

(yes, I totally get in a rut and will eat the several thing days and days running - look at my journal, you'll see!)
Chris
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 02:45

BF:

omg i eat cabbage everyday...you are making my mouth water now LOL. i need to throw away these sf russel stoufers candy...i overeat them!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 07:03

BF:

Eat more fried cabbage instead!!! It's awsome with a little sour cream. How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling pretty good, looking to our wine tasting party on Sunday afternoon. We got our new carpet in and vacuumed up the bits last night and it looks incredible. Tonight we have to get all of the old carpet and scraps down to the curb for pickup tomorrow. So, more leftovers tonight, but tomorrow night it's braised short ribs in zinfandel and cauli mashed "potatoes." Saturday night I'm trying out the cauli pizza crust and if it works out there'll be gourmet pizza as part of the sunday menu. It's kind of fun putting together low carb apps for a party - I can't wait to try the sushi!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 07:59

BF:

Thinkthin, where are you???
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 22:02

BF:

your party sounds like so much fun! let me know how the pizza turns out...i want to try this recipe myself
i was really busy today...had a dr's appt that lasted 2hrs (see my thread about bariatric surgery) and then i was rushing to workout, get dinner ready and chase after my toddler
omg tonight i tried the fried cabbage and sour cream...to die for! did i ever mention my love for sc?
how are you my dear?
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-08, 08:03

BF:

Hey you!

I was hoping you didn't disappear! Thinking about Bariatric, eh? Did you go to St Vincents? I've thought and thought about it myself but haven't been quite overweight enough to be considered (how messed up is that???).

I'm making the pizza tonite to see if it's a go for tomorrow. I'll definitely let you know, looking forward to it. Sour cream is almost as good as bacon in my book!

I can't wait for the party, but I've got lots of cleaning and cooking and more cleaning to do before then. I've made sure to include a ton of low carb stuff on the menu, so I won't be tempted to stray. I've got the old TOM around the corner, so I'm not looking forward to our Monday weigh-in, though. Grrr...it so much helps to have a "buddy" for this, to keep me on track and reasonable.

Need to hop back up on that elliptical today, and no wine for me today (the last few days I've been, well, over imbibing - I'm sure it doesn't help the water retention).

have a great weekend, I'll post tomorrow.
Chris
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 00:36

BF:

hey girl! how did the pizza and party turn out? did you ever get on the ellipticle?
sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. i made the cauliflower lasagna tonight and it was yummy. i have tried the zuccini lasagna and i think the cauliflower one tastes a bit more like the real thing, but they are both good. im going to try the pizza next week probably.
so i don't know what's wrong with me. today i ate a lot of nuts...going well over the daily serving. i also ate the last 3 pieces of that sf russel stoufers candy. it is out of the house now and im not buying it again. i know these kind of "cheats" aren't as bad as eating potatoes or pasta, but i still feel like my eating today was shity, kwim? do you want to do a 4 week no cheat challenge? no BITES of anything illegal. this may help me a bit.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 07:33

BF:

Yes, I'm up for a no-cheat challenge, for sure. Today is day 1 of the 2 day M&E challenge, which I'm hoping to do weekly for a while. I'm up to 207 today (GAINED 2 this week instead of losing) but my TOM is finally here, so I'm hoping to drop some water weight in the next few days (I'd BETTER, grr...). So, 4 weeks no cheats, starts today! This morning all I've had is coffee and it'll be a burger for lunch, that's the tall and short of things for me. The party was great, the pizza went over with non-low carbers like a charm. I made homemade pizza (with smoked salmon) and that was fun and went over well. Now I'm on the straight and narrow - probably no way I'll get to onederland by the 15th, but surely NOT for lack of trying!
c
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 10:54

BF:

im glad the party and food went over so well!! yay!
im sure your gain is due to tom...i wouldn't worry about it, it'll come off after af leaves
ok so 4 weeks no cheat starts TODAY...do you want to do a mandatory 5 day exercise plan too? whoever looses the most weight at the end is the winner and i'll get a blinkie for them. our start weight will be what we weighed in at this morning. sound good? so after last night's bingefest i am at 265...at least it's not a gain. down 2lbs this week yay!
so i will be fasting some days this week bc i missed ramadan last year due to nursing (im a muslim). i have 29 days to make up for so i will do a few each week...i need to get it done b4 this year's ramadan is here...i have been such a slacker. usually during this time i only eat 1 meal a day so im hoping to loose more weight too. no eating or drinking ANYTHING from sunrise till sunset. wish me luck im hungry already!