Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-01, 16:11

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Is there anything to be concerned about with the low number of carbs on the induction diet, while also following a pretty intense training plan for cycling? To define pretty intense: I ride 5 nights a week for a total of around 115 miles. I have tried the Atkins diet in the past with success, and have not gained much back. However I would like to lose more, and I have started training on the bicycle.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-01, 14:24

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Hi,
Have you looked at the CKD info that Trainerdan provide for us...I think it might be what your looking for.
L RRAINE
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-01, 05:41

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default intensity

Hi Vincent ...

At that level of intensity, you may find that your performance will drop due to the lack of glycogen that will be available for energy.

Are you a competitive cyclist?