Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 12:51

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/162/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Anyone Live near Albany, Georgia

New to area. Looking for someone to chat with. Just started CAD. Really need to stick to it this time.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 22:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/234/140
BF:
Progress: 3%

I saw your post, I'm from Coffee County about a 2 hours drive east of you. I'm from a small town called Broxton, the county seat is Douglas.

I started Atkins Induction on Jan 3rd and have done pretty good so far. I've lost 12 pounds. I am going to continue with Induction as long as I can. I'm not having any problems with hungar or cravings, that's the biggest part when you change your eating habits.

Since I have started this WOE I have felt the best I have in years, I have alot of energy and I think it's a wonderful way to lose weight and get healthy.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I realize this will be a lifetime thing for me, I'm learning as I go and have enjoyed it the most part.

Welcome to the forums.....you will find alot of information here, answers to many questions, lots of good advice and encouragement. This is a place to get armed for the battle.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 11:13

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/162/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Unhappy I'm so confused

I'm really new and very confused. I've never used a chat board before and I can't seem to get the hang of it. I can't figure out how to find out if anyone responded to me when I log on--Can't figure out how to post a private message (the note says I may not be activated yet). When I see someone I want to reply to in a post--can't figure out how to do it. HELP I'm normally not such a moron. Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I really am excited about my diet this time. I just started CALP and lost two pounds. Not much but it's a start

Would love to hear from newbies and oldtimers alike that have
have 35 lbs or so to lose--maybe we can encourge each other.

Have a Great Day

DeBe
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 00:05

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

DeBe...

At the top of the page there is a little blue question mark that is the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for how everything in the forum work. Click on the question mark and it will take you there. I think if you read through it you will have a better understanding of how everything works.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. Let me know if the FAQ helps. I'll watch this thread in case you are still having technical difficulties.

Also at the top of the page, if you click on PROFILE it will take you to a place (User Control Panel) where you can adjust the setting (go to "Edit Options") to get an email everytime someone posts to a thread you have posted to. It's the Email Notification option you want.

Hope this has been some help.

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 10:45
Contributing Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 165/154/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Thomasville Georgia

started Atlins in March, struggling. Lost 8 lbs now bouncing around with 2 and 3 lbs. Got to get a grip. Anyway here and glad to share and chat
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 11:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/275/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Thomasville here also, hope you have much success with the WOE
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 06:35
Contributing Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 165/154/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hi from Thomasville too

Looks like from this post that you just started? Gone through induction yet? Or are you in it? Meaning the first 14 days of no more than 20 gm carb. That is a good start and South Beach does the same thing, but after that it gets a little fuzzy. At least for me. Those who seem to be successful stick to the letter of the book, like their bible. I find that difficult to do. I may have to do some rearranging somehow. I ride my bike 2 to 3 times a week over the last 3 weeks at least 3 miles or more. At first when I hit the standstill I thought maybe I need to drink more water, that is real, real important. And it helped but if I eat to much sodium (women retain fluid easy) up I go as much as 2 lbs. I rode my bike yesterday 3 miles, then had two hot dogs (-bun) with saurkraut and this morning I got on the scales And for me the more I up carbs I'm finding I better lower the fat. I think for me it still comes down to this equation (calorie burn must exceed calorie intake) in order to lose along with the watch the sodium intake. New phase of life for me, mid life and nothing works like it used to (nothing). Having to relearn how to manipulate my body to get the weight off and still not go total carrots and celery route. There is some satisfaction in a bowl of low carb ice cream. But as always no matter how you look at it or slice it, it all takes a certain amount of discipline and will power. Nothing good comes easy. If you would like we can try to chear one another along. I have the Atkins paperback "New Diet Revolution" and the hard back "Atkins for Life" I checked out South Beach from Library, but it is similar to Atkins only after induction you go on to a higher carb than Atkins climb by 5 a week. At least one thing they really have right - white bread, rice, cakes, cookies and potatoes (in that order) are killer foods. Hope to hear from you. Stay motivated- it's worth it to yourself and your family.