Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 20:10
Airy Cats Eyes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

hi Macdaddy--fellow Mac user, I take it? Welcome to the forum--a great place to get support and find information!!!!

Seems like you're on your way!!!!

Eri Z
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 09:22

Stats: 133/122/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the welcome. This seems to be a terrific site. I have been on Atkins a little over 2 weeks and have lost 11 lbs. I am doing this with my 11 yr old daughter who has lost 10lbs in 12 days. She doesn't look obese but needs to lose at least 50 lbs and i'm gonna need some encouragement to keep her going. thanks again, Sunnyz
  #243   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi and happy New Year to all!

I have done LC in the past with success in losing weight, but then allowed my lust for all those sweet goodies get the best of me. But now that I'm getting older and hopefully wiser, I notice that when I do eat LC I feel much better, so that is my focus. Rather than focusing on pounds, I've got a goal SIZE--want to wear size 7. I also passionately love Tae Kwan Do, though my progress in martial arts has been stalled the last six months or so by an (unrelated to martial arts) back injury. Looking forward to tying martial arts and low-carb eating together to make a healthy lifestyle!

I'm a wife, a mom, a businessowner, and a part-time student. My biggest challenges this year to living in a healthy way will be to keep focused and disciplined despite my schedule--we're opening a second office for our business this year, should be fun but it will be challenging.

Thanks for all the information. Best wishes to all my fellow New-Year newbies!

Nancy
  #244   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 05:50

Stats: 231/224/168 Female 175cms
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hi everyone

Hello everyone, happy new year to you all. Have been doing Atkins for nearly 12 months with a grand total loss of 7 pounds(!!). However, I haven't given up as I think medication had a lot to do with this - am now off the medication so am looking forward to shifting some of that flab at last! Anyone else had similar probs? Got any tips? Be interested to know
  #245   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 11:03

Stats: 179/163/143 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello all....

I have done Atkins (my version, can't do strictly atkins, it kills my colon..I have Fibro, need more carbs than that) for about 6 months and have lost 17 lbs. I fell off the wagon big time during the Holidays, but getting back on now.

I am at 163 right now, and my goal weight is 143, so I need to MOVE 20 lbs this year.

It's nice meeting you guys.....SUPPORT is very important.

Blessings all,
  #246   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 16:32

Stats: 225/225/165 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:Dont Know
Progress:
Question

Hi my name is Cathy and I am new to this forum. I dont know to much about the Atkins diet. But that many people have lost lots of weight on it. I am 24 years old and I weight 225lbs and I am hoping to get down to 165lbs. I have a 17 month old little boy and I have not been able to lose weight. I really am in need of losing weight. I would like more information about the Atkins Diet. I heard that you can eat beef,poultry,eggs and nuts all day and the more u eat the more u lose? also is Beef Jerkey part of the Atkins diet? Please I need some help anyone it would be very appreciated.
Thank You,
Cathy
  #247   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:41
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to all you newbies!

Riven, yes medications can definitely make a difference. How about starting a journal here where you can tell us a bit more about yourself, and post menus etc?

Hi Cathy, if you want to do Atkins, you really need to buy yourself a copy of the latest edition of Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution. You'll find all the info there about what to eat and more importantly, what not to eat.
Of course there are other good low carb plans, not just Atkins. Have a look at "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen for some ideas.

All the best!

Rosebud
  #248   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 12:39

Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

What a lovely welcome!! It's nice to be somewhere where there are so many like minded folks! The tips are vey helpful as are the success stories. They are so great for keeping you motivted, you know? Anyways, glad to be here!!
  #249   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:13

Plan: Starting Atkins
Stats: 365/272/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Great tips

Great tips, Thank you. Today is my first visit here. I have been losing weight but want to try LC. I know nothing about it and really need a lot of tips and research. I know i have to give up PASTA oh my how can i do that?? lol Any more tips would be great!!!!
so do i need to buy the Atkins book?? or can i get a list of what to eat and what not to eat on line?? the induction,how do i find all that you can have for that period of time? HELP
thanks
  #250   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:22
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
so do i need to buy the Atkins book??

I strongly suggest you do.
You can get a list of what to eat and what not to eat from atkins.com, but the book has a lot more than just lists of food. It really helps to be able to refer back to it regularly.

Are you sure that Atkins is the plan for you? If you go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen, you'll find summaries of several plans, one of which may well suit you even better than Atkins.

All the best to you!

Rosebud
  #251   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 13:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/130 Female 5' 1 "
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Just getting started.....

[FONT=Lucida [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Sans Unicode]
Hello, you can call me Joop, just trying to figure out this site. Have some questions regarding the atkins diet. The induction phase says unlimited amts. of meats, eggs, things on the acceptable foods list, but if a person is limited to 20 grams of carbs/day, many of these foods have carbs.. a bit confused. The other question is in regards to the sweetners such as aspartame. Atkins site is advising staying clear of this sweetner, and their 'choice' is splenda. Does anyone know of a softdrink that uses splenda?? Well, hopefully I can work my way through this site. Conrats to ALL the success stories, I look to add my own success story in the future.

Last edited by Joop : Mon, Jan-12-04 at 13:11.
  #252   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 13:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the advice. I did the adkins once for two weeks lost almot 10 pounds but didn't really have support here I do. I like vegitables and that makes it hard at times. I love baby carrots so that is my carbs for the day!
  #253   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:30

Stats: 212/202/147 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi - I'm Marjee from London UK. I did Atkins in 2002 successfully then became pregnant. I've just managed to start it again now my daughter is 18 months old. I've just started again and feel very good about - so far!
  #254   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie too. I have a feeling I'm going to find tons of great info on this site, as soon as I get familiar with the navigation. I did low-carb awhile ago, and had a tough time. But I think it may be time to try again, now that I've got such a great place to learn more about it. It's great to be here!
  #255   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 11:50

Stats: 181/174/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Talking Newbie, again.....

I am back on LC, I started in Jan. 2002 at 220lbs. & by Aug. 2002 I was at 147lbs., then I found out I was pregnant and I stop LC, now I am back and it is Day 5 and I've lost about 5lbs. It feels great to be back