Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 161/130/132 Female 5'7"
BF:40%/?/We'll see
Progress: 107%
Default Agnes' Gym Log

I hope this log won't be a one-post affair. I feel quite emotional about starting this and I am not sure why.

I haven't done exercise since I got pregnant and my son is now 11-years-old. For a long while there, I remained as skinny as I'd always been - at times even more. I knew a lot of women envied me, but I was dreaming of curves, full breast, a body like Marylin's. Then they crept up on me, actually after I started the Neurontin. I started eating with a lot of pleasure and started eating at night. Then one day I woke up and I weighed 160 pounds. Against my better judgment I kept telling myself that only the medication was responsible for this terrible state of affairs.

Anyway, here I am now. I've spent the last 4 weeks familiarising myself with the idea of exercise, doing long and short walks, cycling, even going as far as cleaning the entire basement. Today, I did it: I went down to the basement and sat down on my rower. I did maybe 10 minutes at the minimum setting. I am so out of shape ... But I feel so happy!!! I actually enjoyed the pain in my abs, or what's left of them, in my arms, in my thighs.

I hope I won't forget it.

Agnes
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 16:54

Well, I didn't and I exercised for 15 minutes on the rower on top of the hour of walking I did with Dave.

Unfortunately I must have torn or twisted or kitty knows what my right abdominal muscle. I felt a sharp pain and thought it was normal ! Turns out the pain woke up after my shower and I had to put some tiger balm to calm it down. I've been feeling it pulling all day and of course all I did today was walk, which I guess is better than nothing. I'll try going cycling with Dave later.

Hope it passes quickly. I'll sure be careful next time.

Agnes
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:41

Today I did my workout as calculated by this great site I found, and did it for 1 hour. I feel sweaty but proud, and I didn't have to suffer from my busted ab since I walked and cycled. I can feel that it is starting to heal, as the pain is not as sharp as it used to be.

40 minutes brisk walking.
20 minutes cycling on high pace.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:02

Ha! Who needs exercise after spending four hours cleaning the house and picking up the mess after 2 kids (one who is 11, the other 40!!!)?!? I will try to do some after supper.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 18:46

Never kept this up, probably because I started lifting some weights and exercising on X-trainer soon after last entry.

I fell off the exercise bandwagon for a long time though, and I went back to the gym only today, 1 month and a half after I stopped, which is a long time. Did my weights today but had to decrease weights to 10 kilos on most exercises. I can still lift 20 with my legs, though.

Did 20 minutes at Level 1 on X-trainer.

Going back on Wednesday, taking tomorrow to recover!!!