Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 16:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/157.1/139 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

TODAY IS the last weigh in for game 13 and this weight will be the start of the next game #14 TUESDAY -TUESDAY August 18-25th .
This game is one week..chose your own loss. OPEN TO ANYONE THAT FOLLOWS DANDR..1972 or 1992

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! .....NASA .....and US!

WE DO NOT FAIL BECAUSE WE KEEP TRYING!

We have learned and keep learning how our bodies adjust to the ever changing dynamics of life. We follow the Philosophies set forth by DR ATKINS in DANDR..1972 or 1992 versions.

It does not get easier as we get to goal and we accept that we will keep trying and not give in to old habits. We move forward, even if we take steps backward, we strive for success. Positive attitudes and a sense of humor is a big help. ~~~~~~~~~~~~WE ARE THE A-TEAM! ~~~~

Name.............start wt..........current............goal.......to lose........# to go

Paulette...........214.8 ........211.6.................(211.8).....3.0...........-0.2*

Cricket............150.2 ..........145.2................(145.2)....5.0............-0.0*

Jodi................139.5 .........146.0.................(135.5).......5.0..........10.5*

Barb...............175.5..........177.0...............(174.0)........1.5 ..........3.0*

Himi...............215.2..........216.7.............. (213.2).........2.0...........3.5

Chrissie...........182.8..........182.8...............(177.8)........5.0 ............5.0*

Kathy~~~~ Maintenance Goal...130.0-139.9~~~~138.4*...In Range!!

TOTAL LOSSES as of AUGUST 18th,2015

NAME...........started...........at #.............AS OF..............at #.........lost

Cricket.........11/28/13.........224.0.........08/11/15........150.2.........73.8

Kathy...........12/02/13.........235.0........08/04/15.........138.5........96.5

Paulette........02/02/14.........331.8........08/11/15.........214.8......117.0

Himi.............12/26/14.........294.0.........08/11/15........215.2........78.8

Chrissie........01/05/15.........222.2........08/18/15..........182.8........39.4

Jodi..............01/05/15.........153.0.........08/11/15..........139.5......13.5

Barb.............03/29/15.........212.0.........08/11/15..........175.5.....36.5

Good afternoon ladies! Well TOM is on his way out thank goodness he is taking the bloating with him.

Chrissie yea welcome back! We missed you so much. Hey how many months are in our lives? Hundreds i'm sure so taking a few off for family is truly priceless! I'm so happy you had precious moments with your family and hunny bunny!

Cricket I hear on the meat issue. I have never been a meat eater. Even when I was little I would eat my brothers veggies and he would eat my meat. I've often wondered what made me choose Atkins since I don't care for meat and previous idea of "cheese" was Kraft singles lol...I'm so glad I looked past the "meat and cheese" diet myth of Atkins and found the version that has brought me to my goal and this team of amazing women!!

Barb .1 is so nothing! Probably just because you weighed early. You will most likely show a loss tomorrow so not to worry!

Paulette i'm so glad you are still enjoying some much deserved time on the slide! Weeeeeeee!

Himi and Jodi hope you ladies weigh in with a loss later!

Hugs and whooshie wishes to all!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 19:10

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Welcome back, CRISSIE! How great that you were able to experience your trip this summer and able to spend time with family. Those are memories you will never forget. Even though your weight gain was higher than what you would have liked, it's really not all that bad for all the time your were gone. When we go on our one or two week bike trips, I can come back anywhere from 6-10 pounds higher, knowing that a lot of it is water gain. However, it seems like you are determined and know what you need to do. And, you have a plan..which is one of the most important pieces to losing.

Thanks for keeping track of all the special events. I think I knew CRICKET'S birthday was in August around the same time as her anniversary, but didn't know the exact day. Sorry, I missed it, CRICKET, and happy belated birthday! My birthday and anniversary are both on the same day..10/14.

KATHY: Happy to hear TOM is over for you..at least for another 3-4 weeks. So glad I am done with that! Again, you are back in range and staying there.

PAULETTE: You crushed your goal! Great job! However, I would agree with you about setting next week's goal at 2 lbs. If you exceed it, great! If not, you have still done well these past few weeks. Your commitment and determination inspires me!

CRICKET: Great job in meeting your goal this game! It sounds like you are getting ready for your big day and making your plans. I am hoping and praying that everything goes well for you and you can move past this and all the medical visits and testing. It seems like every test you get, you get conflicting information. You are just a mystery!! No one knows your body better than you, so if you haven't noticed any cardiac changes and your EKG is normal, I'm sure you are fine.

Shout out to JODI and HIMI! Hope you both had a loss today. Good luck this weekend, JODI, with your horse show and your eating! The summer is harder for me too relative to losing weight. We do a lot more traveling and eating out and with all the parties and festivals, there is much more temptation. During the long, cold winter I seem to have a lot more time for "me'!

Looking forward to a new game and a new start. Hope we all see a loss this week!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 19:23

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

TODAY IS the last weigh in for game 13 and this weight will be the start of the next game #14 TUESDAY -TUESDAY August 18-25th .
This game is one week..chose your own loss. OPEN TO ANYONE THAT FOLLOWS DANDR..1972 or 1992

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! .....NASA .....and US!

WE DO NOT FAIL BECAUSE WE KEEP TRYING!

We have learned and keep learning how our bodies adjust to the ever changing dynamics of life. We follow the Philosophies set forth by DR ATKINS in DANDR..1972 or 1992 versions.

It does not get easier as we get to goal and we accept that we will keep trying and not give in to old habits. We move forward, even if we take steps backward, we strive for success. Positive attitudes and a sense of humor is a big help. ~~~~~~~~~~~~WE ARE THE A-TEAM! ~~~~

Name.............start wt..........current............goal.......to lose........# to go

Paulette...........214.8 ........211.6.................(211.8).....3.0...........-0.2*

Cricket............150.2 ..........145.2................(145.2)....5.0............-0.0*

Jodi................139.5 .........146.0.................(135.5).......5.0..........10.5*

Barb...............175.5..........177.0...............(174.0)........1.5 ..........3.0*

Himi...............215.2..........216.2.............. (213.2).........2.0...........3.0*

Chrissie...........182.8..........182.8...............(177.8)........5.0 ............5.0*

Kathy~~~~ Maintenance Goal...130.0-139.9~~~~138.4*...In Range!!

TOTAL LOSSES as of AUGUST 18th,2015

NAME...........started...........at #.............AS OF..............at #.........lost

Cricket.........11/28/13.........224.0.........08/11/15........150.2.........73.8

Kathy...........12/02/13.........235.0........08/04/15.........138.5........96.5

Paulette........02/02/14.........331.8........08/11/15.........214.8......117.0

Himi.............12/26/14.........294.0.........08/11/15........215.2........78.8

Chrissie........01/05/15.........222.2........08/18/15..........182.8........39.4

Jodi..............01/05/15.........153.0.........08/11/15..........139.5......13.5

Barb.............03/29/15.........212.0.........08/11/15..........175.5.....36.5

OK so I came back down a little bit-- I am patient!

Cricket, Paulette, I usually have only a limited amount of processed meats-- I am pretty careful to avoid the carby ones but I am sure they are still full of chemicals/nitrates and of course salt! But with no kitchen access for days and my fridge on the back deck, I was pretty limited.... cant even boil eggs, and scrambled eggs in the microwave are gross, sorry

The good news is that we moved the NEW fridge in tonight! We have a new stove as well (we bought a whole new set of appliances way back on black friday which have been sitting in the garage for months until the flooring got put in) but since we are switching from an electric one to a gas one that will take a little longer since hubby has to run a new gas line to it. .

So yesterday when we went out I stuck to chicken, and today I ate very little-- was not hungry-- so just went with it, and at least i seemed to have stopped gaining! hopefully tomorrow will be even better-- but now TOM looms, so there is THAT to deal with

I did discover a new microwave trick by accident. I LOVE kale-- frying kale in bacon grease, or dipping the leaves in olive oil and baking for crispy chips-- but with no stove or oven I couldnt do that. But I was craving kale and had some from my mom's garden that needed to be used, so I put some in a bowl with bacon grease in the microwave and nuked it--smelled great but was just floating in the bacon grease. So I forked out the kale onto a plate and nuked it some more, thinking it might brown it a little? Not sure what i was expecting.... Well, it CRISPED it up! So it was like delicious kale chips, but even better since it was bacon grease rather than olive oil, and the kale was sort of mounded together rather than each single leaf like when I had baked it, so it had more body to it-- hard to describe, but it really hit the spot!!

Cricket you can give rabbits ivermectin orally for any external parasite problems-- Iff you have the liquid 1% ivermectin handy (sold as injectable but often used off-label orally in horses-- NOT the Plus, just plain 1% ivermectin) the dosage for a 5 pound rabbit is .09 cc -- easiest squirted into their mouth with a needle-less 1 cc insulin syringe. Many rabbit people who also have horses give a small rabbit a little dab of ivermectin paste horse dewormer orally-- between BB and small pea-sized--its not precise, so I hate to tell you to do that rather than the actual dosage that can be cotrolled by using liquid ivermectin, but I have done it several times in a pinch with no ill effects.

Welcome back Chrissy! My birthday is November 27th
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 19:24

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Kathy, Barb, thanks for the support-- hope you are right and the water/weight vacates! For you too!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 21:05

Stats: 235/157.1/139 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

OMG! Cricket you had me thinking about broccoli so I made a broccoli, cheese, bacon casserole! I'm in heaven...I got it off genaw...here's the link just in case http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesy..._casserole.html
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-15, 05:28

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Talking good morning!!

i am down 0.8 this morning....yay! will wait for the new thread/chart to post my line. thank you all for the welcome back wishes.....it's SO nice to be missed as much as i missed you guys
PAULETTE.....awesome job on being 0.2 below your goal! and isn't this a new all-time low for you? way to go girl
"chrissie doodle".....i love it
CRICKET......you set & met a 5.0 loss....great job!
BARB.......+0.1 doesn't even count
what is your hubby's name so i can put you guys on the chart?
HIMI.......every little loss helps!!
what is your hubby's name & when is your anniversary?
KATHY.....you are ROCKIN' IT in range!
i would NEVER think about broccoli!!
bbl
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-15, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

sorry.. am doing the new thread NOW.. no more posts
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-15, 12:50
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...537#post9039537

Here is the new thread for game #14
Sorry I just have no patientce to day to read and want to but cannot concentrate ton that.too mucg to do.
Tummy was going all night and nothing stayed where it sh ould so I lotst a ton of fluids and GI junk.
That will not last at all but nice to have it there anyway.

So tomorrow I leave early for Georgia to do paper wrok and then the motel to wait and chew my nails. Consider me at the mercy of carl until tuiesday the next game. I posted the weight today and will not obviously be posting again for many days.I Do plan on remaining comatose LOL.
CHRISSIE will udate the chats daily for us and only the top line changes and the stars removed. Please DO change your data lines for this game and your TOTAl with the start weight as your weigh weight for the 18th.

Now this is what I will be doing. YES, going to the UGH NC plan. I AM NOT happy about that but it a way for me survive. I told Carl to just cook half the frozen bag of vegggies w/ 2 tbl bacon grease in the microwave for my meal for the day.Since I do plan to sleep the rest of the time it should work. That will keep me way under the NC allowances. I will not participate again until the game #15. WHo knows what tonage I will carry on me!
I am also going to change my totals at that time. If I find that NC is working, I may stay on it until it does not work.I am very much up in the air and I know you will be able to support me in this. I DO know that I HAVE to have a new beginnng and fresh start. Might as well dedicate this surgery and recovery to my new beginning!
Be well my friends and be back when I am able to.
Momma Cricket
Closed Thread