Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2266   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 12:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok- Well TRIG- crab legs.... I get it. I do the same thing. She I get a real hankering for something- I really don't care what it cost. I want it and I want it now.
For ME - I have learned if I don't get it I will eat garbage outta frustration. What is a few bucks to clean healthy eating.
PLUS- we are cooking it- how much would you pay for that same dinner out???? See!!!!

You still have those goats? Still make soap? Wow- that is a lot of work! Do you have chickens too? Did you name your goats? Are they tame?

KMOM- you are doing great- but hell- I would be a mess if my heart was always going "out". I really want this last time to work for you.
keep us posted- and DRINK your water!!!!!!!!!

Leeann- you are off entertaining! Good for you- you should have great weather. Finally nice here too!

Lori- WHEN do you get back???????????

Blue- still holding your spot.
--------------------
Quick check in- have been bouncing between pool and laundry. Will come in- pop a load in- out to the pool.
Beautiful here. NOBODY is at the pool today. Saw my friend for about 2 hours then she had to go. The pool are also has grills and I tossed my salmon on the grill- eating it now. YUM - small serving riced cali. Needed to take a sun break for an hour before I go back out. I might stay out another hour in my floaty and call it a day from the pool. I was out early- I don't want to burn.

Trig- I totally get the boss is not my friend. I don't trust her as far as I could throw her. I would be the first under the bus if it would look better for her.
Thankfully at this moment - I am doing well. YEA- I HEAR you loud and clear. YUP

Ok- be strong- be good!
Sponsored Links
  #2267   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 15:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Finally was able to read back on y'all today, wanted to get current. Best reading I've done all week!

This last week has been so overwhelming in so many ways, the dictionary doesn't have the words, and so... lucky for everyone I'm unable to go on and on about it. Suffice to say, so many things to do, research, look into. Plus, since I'm still on my retainer till Oct. 1, they are keeping me plenty busy, as well as some smaller accounts that got active for a minute last week too. AND, my son is still here, so in-between all the above, I am trying like crazy to spend as much time as I can w/him.

I have just had to say no to anything I didn't absolutely have to do. So exhausted at the end of every day, and sometimes in this last week I've woken up feeling that way too.

Can't tell y'all how blessed I felt catching up on all your posts...and all your kind words and call outs to me. TEARS UP A BIT. Having been away for awhile and coming back today to get caught up---well, it just really struck me how lucky I am to be part of this great group of gals. How much I care for each and every one of you. How fun and caring you all are, and how WISE, each in your own way.

So no way I won't be back full speed soon. Just getting my toes wet today. Look forward to more energy and the ability to dive into some conversation with all of you. I love you gals. I've missed you.

Oh, and I have been on plan all week, w/the exception of one night out...my BFF took me out for late B'day dinner and demanded I have french fries. Ha! What could I do?

Thing is the stress has pretty much hobbled my appetite, and I've not been eating much at all. So I really feel those french fries were medicinal!
  #2268   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 20:31

BF:

(((((((((((((((((BLUE)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So glad you stopped in- however brief- We love and support you however you need us!

Get some sleep!!!!!!!!!
Made my night to see your post.
I agree to- this is a amazing group of women- including yourself!
  #2269   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 05:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

BLUE IS BACK ON THE BOARD! Glad you are working thru all the busy and crazy Sometimes we need time to get our lives settled and leave the thread for a bit but us oldies hold on and always come back Medicinal french fries!! Ok now I heard everything and I think I might need some medicine also LOL
Ugh if only they were medicine I would be chowing down!! You had me laughing on that one!

Jaz, the pool and salmon sound good. very relaxing! I strive for more and more relax time in my life. I must have it and the older I get the more I need LOL
Yea I still do the soap but I am shutting down the biz at the end of the year. I have done it over 15 yrs now and I am tired. Will be hard to tell my stores that I am done but hey, they will survive. I am wanting a change and been doing this so long it is time to cut and run and have my whole day to myself. I loved my biz and it did very well but one day ya wake up and say done and I hit that point

KM hope you are doing good

and Lori having a blast on her trip

and we need a party report from Nicco and how it all went!!

MIL might come home today.
She is super exhausted and weak and says she is still in pain? but not qualifying for rehab. huh. She is just on that border of ok to go home but hell I think she will have a hard time functioning at home....but she put in appeal to get rehab time recommended so we shall see what goes down later.

If rehab approved then the trip is on, if home--hubby said he feels best if we cancel. We will be too far away if something happens and of course we can check on her since she is like only 5 miles down the road kinda thing. just waiting.

Up in the air kinda thing so far. I HATE up in the air things

hope to swim. cloudy with sun peaking thru.
got nice ribeyes again for today.
My mind is on a lb of crab with butter for brunch.

just plodding along as usual
great day everyone!
  #2270   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 07:04

BF:

Leeann- Trig- took your spot as I slept in again! Sun, and pool just wears one out! I had a great day yesterday.

Trig- I TOTALLY hear you on shutting done the biz. I know it will be maybe a bitter sweet thing. But gosh Lori- was feeling that way for a few short weeks when she retired too! Now look at her!!!!!
I would be lying to say I am not a bit envious. I don't ever see me being able to retire - seriously. But that is another post!

BTW- did you name your goats.
Crab sounds really good. Ya know I have gotten really good at ripping through a mess of crab legs in no time flat now. Serious- before LC- crab legs were so hard to get to. Now- outta my way. I crack crack- and have a tiny crab fork and slit them open and done.

Leeann- WELL........... I bet you had a great time! What did you make for food? Are the inlaws GONE yet? Now comes the clean up. Hopefully you can buzz right through that and spend some relax time by the pool yourself!!!! Maybe even crack open a new kindle!
YA know- I still prefer a bound book in my hand. I'm still old school.

Blue- We will let ya catch up- So happy you are at least here and reading along! You have been sorely missed and thought of. Post when you can. I am happy you have stayed on plan- except those fries that were HEALING for your body! But you get a pass!!!!
PS- Sometime that might make ya smile- check out Leeann's pic's of Maine off her email! Loved those-

Lori- You should be back about anytime now! I bet you had a great time. Tell us all about it.

KMOM- you are so close to your 0x4- I am rooting for ya! You will get there. No doubt about it.
Are we doing water this week?
How are those shakes doing for you?
------------------------------------------------------------------
All-
I woke up with one eye matted shut. Sighhhhhh- it feels icky too. The pool water had somewhat of a more green hazy look to it yesterday, so I am not surprised. I am flushing it today with eye flush.
If it is not better I will ask my doctor for some antibiotic eye drops. Needless to say I am not going to the pool today. I am slightly over sunned anyway.

I made a ton of salmon on the grill yesterday- and have a ton left over. I am not big however into leftover fish - unless it's crab. Plus I have left over roterisseri chicken from 3 days ago that will hit the trash..... I am so wasteful sometimes. I just can't seem to find that balance for one.

OK- brace for my RANT- or feel free to be done with my post.
Everybody I come across seems to be watching that movie "What the Health". It's a Netflix movie. I am SO mad at the misinformation . Put a few slimy doctors in a movie and it's a fact.
I am really livid as a nurse. Just when the medical community is taking notice that fat does not make us fat this movies swoops in.

AND- not only is fat, eggs evil, but are you sitting down for this. CHICKEN- yes CHICKEN is responsible for causing diabetes and heart disease. I can't believe this rubbish. And the uneducated person who does not look at the real studies for themselves- they believe it hook line and sinker.
The movie went on to say that sugar and carbs of all sorts were totally ok- just stay away from meat and fat. We are back to that. We all know that high carb/ low fat= kills people. OMG- I bet that movie was made by the sugar and cereal industry..
People don't get that big corp- makes movies like that with an agenda in mind. Most people don't look any further to see if the facts are real.

All I can say to that is thank goodness none of us are duped. But it is impossible to talk to brainwashed people that really believe this way.
And I have to talk to some of them as they are my patients! OK- that is my rant- just more bad misinformation tossed into the stream of consciousness of people. SIGHHHHHH- I guess it's not my fight. I just do what I know is right. And try to present fact to those that ask. OK done- rant over!

Making my grocery list- I am throwing a huge "tailgate" party at work on Wednesday. It started out as a "bonding/team building thing. It has morphed as more and more people passed around the invite. So we have about 50 people coming. I am making a huge Boston butt- and bringing buns and BBQ. We will have sides off the chain- I know I can eat my pork- and deviled eggs another LC person is bringing.

Ok- all puttering today, light errands, and taking the Bella to get her nails clipped.

Have a greatly- 100% today
  #2271   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 12:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I'm back!!! Just rolled in at 12:45 this afternoon. I pulled out of our house at the OBX at 4AM. I stopped for breakfast & coffee at 6AM and another time for gas etc and other than that, pushed on thru. About 8 hours of driving time.

My husband, daughter, SIL & 2 grandsons are in Florida. They left at 6 Saturday night and drove all night. 12 hours. Oldest Grandson has a baseball tournament starting tomorrow. Not sure when hubby will be home as it depends on how the games go. They will have a LONG drive back home...20+ hours.

We had a great time, ate lots of seafood & had wonderful weather. I was a bit tired of sand till yesterday to tell you the truth.

Blue..so glad to see you post! Sounds like you have a lot going on the past few weeks. Just know we will all look forward to a post from you, no matter how small.

Trig...hope MIL does ok when she comes home. I know it's a worry.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Not a lot of sleep last night and then the long drive. I got all unpacked, but have a mountain of laundry to tackle tomorrow. I should go to boot camp in the morning, but I have a feeling that won't happen. We'll see. Tuesday I have a golf tournament & then a quiet day on Wednesday before I head to NYC on Thursday. I'm spinning.

Happy to be back......I've missed you all!
  #2272   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 14:45

BF:

Jaz you and me at a crab leg feast....me and you would be cracking warp speed, I can see it now HAHA

You're tailgate party sounds insane now but the food sounds yummy...best make ALOT of butt cause they will inhale that yummy meat!

LORI IS BACK!!! HOORAY!!!

and it sounds like Lori is off again soon! You lucky dog, so many great times you are having, retirement is setting very well with you.

sick of sand, how dare you but hey even I get that way sometimes at the beach. sand gets everwhere literally! You know what I get sick of the most at the coast is the WIND....at some point I need to get out of that wind cause it starts to drive me crazy I love the beach when it is still and wind is so low, but then real fast that wind kicks in and away we go, everything flapping and flying out of your hands

Glad you had so much fun!
  #2273   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 16:52

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Crossing my fingers MIL perks up in time for your vacay to happen. Will you be able to reschedule if not?

I DO NOT get the not qualifying for re-hab thing. A week in bed at her age is VERY weakening. For all my mom's hospitalizations past a certain age, re-hab was considered necessary and assumed. It doesn't have to be about breaking anything either, it's about getting one's strength back in a protected environment. I'm glad that decision is being appealed. Even if you guys don't go on vacay and stay home so you can get to her easily, she probably shouldn't be alone at first.

Jaz---Yeah, gotcha on the bad documentary. I mean REALLY, chicken is bad for you, causes diabetes 2?!?!? hahahahahahahahahahahna! If that were true the diabetes 2 rate would be MUCH lower...not like everyone is in a mad dash to stuff themselves with chicken. Really, so dumb it's silly, but I feel your frustration as it is an affront to everything you've worked hard to do in your career.

I have all my shake stuff, but haven't touched any of it yet---too much of a whirlwind going on lately. But at least I'm not sick of them yet. Hope to start using them tomorrow. Right now I'd really like to just gulp down LC fullness and not have to dedicate any energy to make it. Got none of that right now.

Nic---Bet you're tuckered out from the pool party. Hope y'all had a blast. Must say, your in laws would put a patch of itchy irate on me too. I don't like it when anyone shows up 10 minutes early let alone what you describe. I'm usually doing a lot in those last 10 minutes. Hubby is a stickler about being on time to the point where we would show up early if I didn't put the stopper on him. And boy can I whip that stopper out fast and hard when I have to.

Lori---Welcome back!! I'm just coming back too, but for less fun reasons than you. I'd really like to hear what you thought of the Outer banks and where you stayed. No need to write a lot, just your general impressions.

K-mom---- Hope you are feeling well flip floppin' heart or not. You seem to have adapted to it without huge anxiety, but I'm sure you'd like it to STOP. Understand your very cautious approach. Fingers crossed for you that persistence here is the answer.

Meanwhile---wow girl, you are CAP D and then some. From what I've read back, you've dropped a wallop. Just keep on going. SO glad to see you so engaged and back with us.

Not reporting water right now. But would like to start again tomorrow? Can wait till it's convenient for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazy Sunday. Read some, napped some. CHILLED. Didn't do a darn thing around the house, although there's plenty to do. Just not there right now. In a "let it be" mode, bigger fish to fry. Including just relaxing.

Son leaves tomorrow. It's a heart twist in one way, as we don't have enough opportunities to be together, but OTOH, it's also TIME for him to go back to his life and settle up his issues, and then we can fully concentrate on ours.

Hubby is making his fave dinner tonight, corn beef and cabbage. LC enough, although not my fave. Which is fine because I'm tellin' you girls, not real hungry these days. Food seems like a hassle and I absolutely don't have the energy to deal w/making anything. So catch as catch can. That part is fine. Disinterest in food is not a bad thing. I'll take it while it lasts.
  #2274   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 19:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Quick catch up post here from me-

Blue- Welcome back Dearie! So nice to see Blue52 showing back up in the messages again. We need you and miss you when you are gone. You fared VERY well with your eating choices and it sounds as though you are tackling your situation as best you can and one bit at a time. I'm proud of you!
Glad you had a good time with your son and hoping that he has travels back home. As much as we love them, once they have their lives and we have ours, it is nice to have them and nice to have them head back out again.

Lori- Welcome back! I hope you had marvelous time! A 20 hour drive is LOOOONG! Glad you don't have to do it. 8 was enough I'm sure!

Trig- Hope your MIL continues to improve and gets all the help she needs AND that you guys might be able to go on your trip.

Jaz- That is a whole lotta butt you will be making! lol Things are going well for the DD and Ava?

KMOM- super proud of you and how well you are doing.

Pool party was very good. DD22 and Fi showed up at 3:30 so they could help with the ILs when they showed up early at 4.. and then they didn't. LOL!! Which is worse, showing up early or SAYING you will and then NOT? lol Hung out with DD and Fi and then everyone else came. Food was yummy, corn hole was played, good time was had. The "kids" (DD, Fi, Ds18, DS18GF and DS15) all ended up going out afterward til like midnight. DD and Fi stayed the night and left around 10:30AM, ILs left at 11 AM.

DS15 is all packed up for camp and went to the Fair with his friends this afternoon and evening. We leave tomorrow at 9. Three hours to drive him there and then I will drive the three hours back. I hope he likes it pretty well.
  #2275   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 04:18

BF:

OMG- I'm first again! HEHEHEHEH- Unless Lori and I cross post!

Lori- I know all about mounds of laundry! I think it multiples. So you drove all that way by yourself? Wow- how exhausting. But I would do it like you did. Get gas and get home!
So how was it?! Tell us!!!!

Leeann- how was your party weekend? Hopefully you are all cleaned up and ready for a relaxing day. Did you make pork?
I bet you are in back to school mode - shopping etc......

Trig- I don't get the denial of rehab. Unless she hasn't been in the hospital 3 days. But she has been in over a week right? You all so have a right to appeal! And they have to let her stay until it settled! UNSAFE DISCHARGE! - Trust me - you all say those words and hospitals start thinking different. Keep us posted.......
I would hate to be in limbo too?
Have you pack up the RV?

Blue- What a couple weeks you have had! The good news- you still have work, retainer through Oct. AND some smaller clients are raising their hands to you. Plus you have had son time. Although the circumstance may not be the best- you had each other.
I know today will be a rough one as he leaves and you direct your action now to you.
I have no doubt that whatever you are up against- you will get through. You know our email- if you ever want to take it off line.

As far as staying on plan and food not holding appeal, take it and run with it! It certainly is one less thing to deal with.
So glad you got some relaxing in! -
So if you get a minute- how was the wedding? I bet it was beautiful.

KMOM- how was your weekend? Are we doing water this week? I need it. Wasn't great over the weekend. Partly because I ran out of my drinking water and think tap tastes like crap. It's on my list to get this morning. Some really good water.
---------------------------------------------------
So DD update:
We talked yesterday and had a very long conversation. The little one came home from daycare Friday with a fever. She just can't get sick. They told her that she had to come into the hospital and stay if that happened.
The rational for this is so they can monitor the baby- and rush her for a c-setion if they find the baby in distress. The baby of course will be in the NICU- until fully "ready".
So far- everything though looks good- this is a precaution. She is just sad to leave her home and family for 2 months.
As a nurse and a mom- I hope she stays preg for 2 more months. But somehow I just don't know. But that would be best senerio for her to get to 36 weeks. She is 25 weeks today.
She is in good spirits though, maybe a little scared as this is getting very real. So there is the weekly update.

Rainy and humid and gray here today. Love those days when I get to stay home. But it's hard to get pumped to work in gray days. I am ready for a change of season. I am ready for cooler air.
Everyone here in GA is officially back to school. Makes for a longer commute into work-

Speaking of- I will take a shake in for lunch. It's a no brainer and no thought. - Chicken caesar for dinner. Done.

Have a great day all-
SO GLAD WE ARE ALL BACK!!!!!
  #2276   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 04:20

BF:

Leeann- we cross posted!!!!! You win!- HAHAHAHAH
  #2277   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 05:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning Peeps!

Stayed in bed until after 6 this morning. I was awake and looking at the clock at 2:30, but slept off and on until I finally got up. I see a nap in my future today between loads of laundry.

Jaz...thanks for the update on your daughter. They can do miraculous things these days, but I'm sure she doesn't want to be in the hospital for months.

Blue...safe travels to your son. I know you will miss having him around, but as you said, it's time for him to get back to his life and for you to be able to sort yours out as well.

Trig...hope you're able to go on your getaway. I hope the hospital changes it's stance on rehab for your MIL. That is ridiculous.

Nic...sounds like you are busy as usual. I hope son likes his camp experience. OMG...my husband always wants to be early to things and I have to put the reins on him. Drives me crazy!

Kmom...hope you're feeling well this week. You sure have been thru a lot the last few months.

I like it at the OBX. It is just such a trek to get to the end where our house was located. You come across the water(sound) and onto the island and then still have 20 miles to go! Seems to take forever since you can only go about 35 mph. Our house was one row back from the ocean, but we could see and hear the ocean from our front deck. I sat there every morning and watched the sun rise. Our son would get up and make coffee and then we would get up and join him about 5:45AM. The sun came up about 6:10. The rest of the house would get up around 9 or 10. There were 10 adults and 5 kids...all boys! Late morning we would all drag our stuff down to the beach. It was lovely. I got in the water a few times...just up to my waist. I almost got rolled by the waves a few times. I was a bit nervous when my husband, son & the boys would go too far out in the water....I was constantly doing a head count to make sure I could account for all of them out there! Late afternoon we would come up to shower and figure out what to do for dinner. We had some yummy seafood dinners out and stayed in a couple nights and cooked on the grill. There was a big pool in our back yard, so the kids had plenty to keep them busy, although they spent too much time with their heads bent over their phones! The house was so big and had so many decks and alcoves that it wasn't hard to find a quiet spot when you needed it.

Well, I got on the scale this morning. Up 3.5 lbs. I knew I was up....dang ice cream! I know those few pounds will go again, but I hate having them reappear. I'm sure I'll gain a few during my trip to NYC in a few days. Between the booze and the food.....OY! The girls I'm meeting are already virtually scoping out the neighborhood for restaurants and liquor stores! They want to do bagels & all the fixings one morning. What the heck am I going to do that day? I guess just drink coffee? Hey.....I could just eat a block of cream cheese! HA!

Ok...I've gone on long enough. I'm glad to be back, even if it is just for a couple days. I head for the train station in Harrisburg Thursday morning. I get home late Monday afternoon. This train travel thing will be a new experience for me. Everyone tells me that it is easy....we'll see.

Have a great day everyone!
  #2278   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 05:08

BF:

Lori, great report!
I do see a nap in your near future HAHA I love how active you are Lori! eating up life...go for it!
We took the Path train into NYC from NJ all the time...trains are simple, yea they really are

Blue, yea I hear ya. I don't get this BS now either.
got MIL into rehab yesterday very late.
they are gonna now evaluate her again.....I mean what the hell here? a 76 hr old diabetic and heart issues and still in stomach pain from severe blocked intestines and this surgery and she is weak as a newborn kitten and hardly not eating or drinking at ALL, freaking out in a way cause she can't function and yet they think she might not be able to stay long at all ....I don't get it.....but today hubby and I are going up there....I want confirmation she can keep her ass in that place for like 2 weeks or more to heal as needed! HEAL AS NEEDED..isn't that what these damn places are for! Ok you can tell we are frustrated LOL I will take the bull by the horns and get some firm decisions in place here today cause I am tired of this shit. oh yea I am involved now, left it mostly up to hubby and he is getting the run around big time....me, hell, they won't want to deal with me! HAHA

Jaz, unsafe discharge! OK those are fab words to use...thanks...it 'sounds' threatening and has power. I am liking this alot. Yea she is just 'not right' at all. No way she can function at home. But like I mentioned to Blue above, we are going up to handle this crap now and for good.

Limbo...that is what it is and it sucks

sorry guys but I am in a freaking mood right now.
gonna hit the shower in a bit and we are going up early.

I am ready for a freaking showdown now over this BS.

when ya rile up Trig to this level people better watch out HAHA
  #2279   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 07:49

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning, all!

Yes, let's do water. Start charting it today. Remember to put it at the top or bottom of your post.

Will post more later. SD was here these last three days.

Say, I was thinking...I am a real heart-throb! Man, is it throbbing!

K-Mom 10x3
  #2280   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 17:20

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---haha, don't y'all love it when you get your carp all on and then it doesn't happen? Yeah but. Then you plan on their time and they're late! Oh well, guess this is where all's well that ends well applies. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Summer is starting to fade away, I can feel it in the air and see it in the light, so good to squeeze all those fun times around the pool while you can.

Lori---Thanx for the description. Didn't realize you rented a house. Cool and great for a big family thing. One more question. Which Island did you stay on?

3 lbs up for a week vacation isn't bad at all. Bet you'll get back in your eating window and it'll be Gone Girl, and fast. Not to mention a couple of boot camps---that'll shake it loose!

Trigger---How did the "come to Jesus talk" work w/the rehab people? I'm thinking you sounded loaded for bear, LOL. In my long experience with my mom and dad and hospitals, the squeaky wheel definitely gets the oil. Polite but firm and very persistent works wonders. Hope it went well.

Jaz---Thanx for the update on your daughter. I think about her often. Puzzle me this though---seems to me the hospital is one of the WORST places to avoid germs, STAFF, and contagious things in general. My brother the doc was always trying to get my mom out of there as soon as possible. Do they have a specially sterile area for situations like this? SO HAPPY the baby is still viable and fighting for herself!

K-mom---OK you hearth throb. Now that's a silver lining!

Monday water: 4/3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Son left today. SNIFF. Other than a minute here and there, it was a good trip with him. Felt bad today though, he was so sad to leave. The kid has a truck load of pals here and he misses them a lot. Has some nice pals in SF too, but it takes time to build up friendships and hard to compare w/home. Plus he's got serious job searching to do, and that's not fun to come home to.

So he was anxious and sad. Took him out to lunch and he barely ate a thing, and he is a CHOW HOUND. Squeezed my heart all to heck.

Hubby is out of town for next two days, so it's just me here. After a week of kids and noise and constant activities, sure seems quiet. Feeling a bit blue. It will be better tomorrow when it's time to dive back into plenty of my own stuff.

On plan. Having a mahi mahi burger from Trader Joe's on LC bread for dinner. Haven't tried one of these yet, so we'll see. Weird. I'm SO mentally not hungry, but tummy is growling because I haven't eaten enough. That's been happening frequently lately, so I force myself to make something. Food is just something I have to do these days. Who knows how long that will last, but I'll take it for now. Don't need cravings in on the mix of everything else goin' on!

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Aug-07-17 at 19:07.
Closed Thread