Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 11:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287/205/165 Female 69 inches
BF:nursing 17 mo old
Progress: 67%
Default Welcome!

Hiya Girls,
Well, I am so glad that you are all doing well and you have all started the new yer on a great start. Jilly thanks for all the thanks but really I was super motivated to loose weight and still nurse my daughter. Ashley is almost 17 months now, I have been L/C since alittle before her first birthday. I have lost about 80lbs. so far and still want to loose about another 40. She still nurses quite abit, 6 times aday. She hasn't minded the L/C diet and I am still on induction due to the amount of weight I want to loose. As I get closer to my goal I will slowly increase my carb level. My doctor has been super supportive of the diet and Ashley's doctor thinks she is doing great. My biggest peice os advice is watch your babies ques. He/She will tell you if there is a problem and drink lots of water so your supply doesn't decrease ( it will return after a few days). Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:38

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvgavman
Hi Janie and Dane,

Janie: Go ahead and check at your local vitamin/health store. I am almost positive that it would be at most pharmacies but I am not 100% sure on that. Also, the water alone did not help increase my supply...it was the day I took Fenugreek that suddenly it came pouring out!!!

Janie & Dane: Yes, I am not loving the last few days of being pregnant but at the same time I am cherishing each full night's sleep I've been getting. I normally sleep 7-8 hours a night and only get up to pee once or twice. I am also enjoying being with my 1st son Gavin, who just turned 3 years old. He is at the age where everything he says and does cracks me up.

Have you guys and anyone else read the other thread about women GAINING weight while breastfeeding? Those posts kind of freaked me out. When I breastfed my 1st son, I lost at a steady pace for the 1st 6 weeks postpartum (I lost 30 of the 50 I gained) and then was stuck with 20 extra pounds, so I counted my calories (had 1600-1800 a day for about 2 months) and took walks to the park, and was able to those 20 and maybe 5 more. This time around I plan to do a combo plan of watching calories and staying lower carb...though I can't imagine doing Induction while breastfeeding and managing to keep my milk supply up.

Talk to you guys soon...I am looking forward to keeping in touch with other BFing moms!

Lisa

I'm one of those moms who gained while breastfeeding. It really took me off guard, for I thought that breastfeeding women used several calories per week just to make milk. Yet, I've gained close to 10 pounds AFTER the delivery of my child. That is why I'm on Atkins now.
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 14:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Hey ladies-

Just wanted to say that my weight is coming off despite (or because of) the breast feeding. I am down nearly 30 pounds. Unfortunately I gained nearly 40 pounds while pregnant. With 4 weeks to go before my post partum check-up I am hoping to lose another 5 pounds or so. If I could see the 140's I would be ecstatic. If I can fit my size 12's I will at least be able to get dressed most days of the week.

To the other breastfeeding mom's out there... feel free to visit my journal I would love to "meet" you.