Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 06:18

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

If so, the usual pattern of meal-snack-meal-snack-meal-snack would be disastrous.

Tell me about it! That's exactly the pattern that got me where I am....200 lbs with diabetes.
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 06:22

ESW, I don't do well with restricting either.
  #243   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 06:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/175/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes, I tend to rebel. Funnily enough just discussing different personalities in another thread today. Some of us are abstainers, some moderators. Each to their own, I would rather sail my ship steadily in the hope I will arrive unstressed and able to continue.
  #244   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 19:47

I always hated the feeling of being a failure if I "slipped up" and ate something not on my plan. So now I don't eliminate anything, but do limit certain things to once in a while, in small portions. I know there are some who start a binge if they take one bite of something not on plan, but that's not me. There are just some things I would not want to go without for the rest of my life. We are all different.
  #245   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 00:45

BF:

I think it's also about having the confidence to do what works for us individually. There is such support on here and I have great admiration for those who seem to buckle down and toe the line. I have tried many many times to do that and totally agree about the feeling of failure. If we are lucky enough to find a way of eating that's sustainable, controls overeating and stops the weight piling on then hallelujah Only after that am I personally in a position to measure macros and calories finding a place that enables me to reduce weight. Carbs on their own, which were standard at breakfast and snacks really don't suit my metabolism, reading and learning on here has really helped to find a more stable place.
  #246   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
I think it's also about having the confidence to do what works for us individually. There is such support on here and I have great admiration for those who seem to buckle down and toe the line. I have tried many many times to do that and totally agree about the feeling of failure. If we are lucky enough to find a way of eating that's sustainable, controls overeating and stops the weight piling on then hallelujah Only after that am I personally in a position to measure macros and calories finding a place that enables me to reduce weight. Carbs on their own, which were standard at breakfast and snacks really don't suit my metabolism, reading and learning on here has really helped to find a more stable place.

This is where I am right now. I eat low enough carb to maintain at 200lbs and have for years, only going up and down 5 or less. I would like to weigh less, but I realize that I would have to make some adjustments for that to happen. Who knows when/if I will do that.
  #247   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 13:04

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

I am very happy this is back alive, I went from 265 to 204, then started back eating, my dad passed away and I just started to eat stuff. I am back on the VLC/Semi- LC. I eat as VLC for breakfast and lunch, and at dinner I have very small amount of carbs. I am really trying to stay away from the cake and cookies for sure. I am just going to have them on vacation or holidays only. I lost a bunch of weight like this last year.

I do stay away from soda, sugar, and carb items. I drink just water. So I really am going to drop this weight this time for life.
  #248   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 07:38

Good for you Nrracing. I know you have to be extra careful with the heart transplant.

I only eat 2 meals a day...a late breakfast and an early dinner. Breakfast is always VLC, but there are some carbs at dinner from time to time. Right now I'm fighting snacking in the evening and want to rein that in. Luckily for me, I do not like sweets, but that doesn't mean I don't like other foods. LOL
  #249   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 09:19

BF:

I too find it better keeping carbs low in morning. Guess with more food in stomach at end of day the blood sugar swings are reduced. Nice to see you back Nrracing, we are all doing the best we can. Hope things are working out for you?
Another little for me today. I realised there is no end to this. If there's no end, no rush to the finish, no put the feet up once I get there then I might as well try and enjoy the journey as best I can each day every day.........
  #250   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 08:56

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
I too find it better keeping carbs low in morning. Guess with more food in stomach at end of day the blood sugar swings are reduced. Nice to see you back Nrracing, we are all doing the best we can. Hope things are working out for you?
Another little for me today. I realised there is no end to this. If there's no end, no rush to the finish, no put the feet up once I get there then I might as well try and enjoy the journey as best I can each day every day.........

I agree with you on this. Myself and a friend are on the plan together and she is doing just a good as I am. we have both been VLC/LC and have stayed away from the sweets, breads, sodas, and anything bad at this point. things are going great and we are accountability partners. So we are going to take it a day at a time, and so far the cravings have fallen off even though I think about them.

We were joking around about have we were like addicts when it comes to cookies and cakes. they are so good and we could kill a bunch in one setting but we know we can't. lol we want to lose weight, look better and feel better.
  #251   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 11:36

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi everyone. It's been a good long time since I have posted. I have pretty much maintained my weight...not going up or down for some time. So this week I'm trying something new.

Mon and Tue I eat meat and eggs twice a day then eat a high carb diet on Wed. and repeat this. I'm thinking of keeping carbs between 150 and 200 on the carb up day. Ill stick to low glycemic ones for the most part.

I'm not sure what to do with Sunday.
  #252   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 03:39

BF:

So, I started this on Monday and today I wake up 4 pounds lighter. Hoping this continues😀😀. I keep track on fat secret so I can remember what I did. I'm still debating what I should do on Sunday.
  #253   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 04:16

Good going, tbagram. Sometimes I think it's good to just maintain for a while, and then get back into losing. Give the body a rest, let it catch up, and I think the weight stays off better than way. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that to better accept the fact that I'm not losing? Could be, I admit.

I am encouraged by your carb cycling. I need to start tracking my food again to see exactly where I stand. I think once I see my carb number in black and white it will direct me to where I need to be. I know I need to keep the carbs lower in order to lose, and also for my diabetes, but I know I will never be keto. I have signed up to Fat Secret but have never really gotten into it. I have used Fitday for so long and I'm just used to it. I love how I can look at my list of foods for the day and see just where the carbs came from.

My biggest problem is bread. How many people say that?? I can easily do a bunless burger, but I so miss regular sandwiches, and bread substitutes just don't do it for me. I gave up sweets long ago and don't miss them at all, but I just can't seem to forget bread. LOL I need to work on that.
  #254   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 04:53

BF:

Bread is the one I missed the most! I love Ezekiel bread. This morning I had two slices toasted with butter and two over easy eggs cooked in bacon grease😊 Very filling. I like to keep track of all the macros. Calories are important at my age.
  #255   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-17, 07:27

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
I gave up sweets long ago and don't miss them at all, but I just can't seem to forget bread. LOL I need to work on that.

Wheat has opioids in it, per research referenced by Dr. Davis of Wheatbelly. So it is, literally, addicting.