Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 09:05
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Unhappy Neighbour brough over HOT fresh cin. buns....

YEP...I have this little old lady next door and she called me yesterday and invited me over for coffee..I was about to say "SURE" when she continued her sentence and let me know she just made a fresh batch of cinnamin buns!!! **YIKES**

I declined...saying I was too busy making a "early supper" for the kids. FIVE minutes late my door bell is going off...there she was...steamy cin. buns in hand.

I didn't invite her to stay....rude of me but I knew she would expect me to have one with her over a coffee. I "Looked" very busy and so she left....

Now...your all probably saying...tell her you can't eat these anymore...and no I can't....I'm hypoglycemic and they cause my blood to go out of whack...BUT...this is the same woman that poured me a HUGE glass of wine when I was 7 months prego...lol..even tho I told her not to!!..lol. She is just one of those people you can't get the point across to.

BTW....I never had a bun...not even a lick...I think I shook tho when I quickly handed them out to my kids...before supper...lol. The kids thought I was loosing my mind, hehehe.

I had more left over..so hubby ate those infront of me while watching tv last night. I went nuts...so I went to the fridge and got some garlic sausage and a small bit of mozza cheese and nibbled on that. I NEVER eat processed meat BUT OMG...sorry to my body for the chemicals from the processed meat but I stayed within carb range.

***yikes***...lol

Isn't life fun!

Happy Tuesday..cin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 09:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default Good for you!

You probably did more than I would have been able to. How long have you been on atkins? I'm sure your hubby was enjoying them way too much.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 09:32
Contributing Member

This is actually my third time.

The first time was about 3 years ago. I went from 160-120. I kept it off until I quit smoking...*yikes*. I gained it all back..lol.

2 Christmas's ago I was back up to 160-165. I dropped down to 150, not sure how....but I was at a standstill.
The second time was this January. I was trying to combine it with weight watchers...LOL. My mother was on WW.

Sooooo..here I am. I am trying to be totally comitted. I'm on induction for another week or so....we shall see what happens..lol.

I haven't lost any yet but Aunt Flo just left (if you know what I mean *wink*) and I just cut out all alcohol. I was having drinks almost everynight...not alot but 2 or 3 vodka with water and lemon slices....but I think that is what's been stalling me. Sooo...I'm drinking plain water with lemon now.

This plan worked for me before...I just need to give it and my body time to adjust! I'm thinking I need to hop on that exercise bike too..another *yikes*..lol

How about yourself?

Hugs...Cin
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 10:36

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

fantastic! great applause to you for skipping those rolls!

You're right--you won't be able to change your neighbors mind, and it was a sweet gesture. So "thank you very much" and a smile is the best way to handle it.

Congratulations, too, for quitting smoking--that is very hard and you should be proud of yourself for doing it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 11:04

Stats: 193/179/165 Male 68 inches
BF:26.5%
Progress: 50%

I would've accepted the invitation and just done the best I could. I would rather risk falling off my diet than to snub a kind old lady. But thats just me!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 11:40

Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default My time on atkins

Hi,
This is my first time on the atkins program. I gained a lot of weight with my kids. When I was in college I had to take an aerobics class, but I have never watched what I have eaten, any time in my life. I came from a good ole southern family, you know fried chicken, mashed potatoes, the works on sundays, including the sweet side, cakes and pies. Complete meal. Grandmother used to say, I was just healthy. I guess now they call it fat? I was in athletics, so I never seemed to gain weight. When I had my kids and stopped working out, that's when it all hit. Anyway, I have worked for several restarants, one hometown cafe, where I got the traditional foods that are not good for you. I worked for furrs, so that became the place I was at the most and ate there on my breaks and even on my days off. So as you can see, I have a very checkered eating past. I am trying to teach my son better. Limiting his intake of sugar, he doesn't drink much milk, limiting his portions. My mom on the other hand, when he goes to her house in the summer, he eats as much as he wants and pretty much whatever he wants. I have told her about this, but she just kind of blows it off. She herself is overweight, much more than me. She has heart problems and of course blood pressure problems. I worry about her. Anyway, So that is my life story, sorry it was so long. I too like you have another week on atkins. I lost 7 pounds already. I hope to keep losing.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 11:53
Contributing Member

JimR-OCDS

Quote:
I would rather risk falling off my diet than to snub a kind old lady.

I didn't "snub" anyone.

I find this post very rude.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 12:20
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, Cin, you and I must be cut of the same cloth, because I would have probably done just as you did! If she's pouring you a glass of wine when you're pregnant, she's not a "kind old lady"....she's a pushy old broad!!! Hmmmm....wonder if she got wind of your new eating plan and baked those cinammon rolls *just for you*??? Better keep your eye on that one!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 13:23
Contributing Member

Thank-you Terridoodle.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 19:10

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

She probably meant it as a kind gesture. After all, you can't accuse someone of trying to sabotage your diet when they don't know you're on one. Some people just don't seem to understand the words "No, Thank you". Honestly, I would explain once, maybe even twice, that sugar makes me get sick. After that, if she insisted on bringing me things I couldn't eat, I'd accept graciously, then either throw them in the trash or let the rest of my family enjoy them.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 20:32

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Some elder folk we brought up that it was the "thing to do" to bring homemade goods to your good neighbors, being neighborly and all that. You did what I (hopefully) would have done too.

Good job on resisting temptation! Yipee!

Tracey