Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 07:12

Plan: Atkins/The Zone
Stats: 130/128/107
BF:
Progress: 9%
Question Protein Shakes

Hi everyone,

I am on my 4th week of Dr. Atkins plan. I have been good, no big slips. But I am not enjoying bacon & eggs for breakfast. I would like to make protein shakes but I am not sure what to mix my powder with. I do NOT like cream, is soy milk okay? I know there are many benefits to consuming soy. I did find a recipe for a ham & cheese quiche, although I found it very salty (although tasty!).

Is it ok to combine low carb. programs? I have looked into the Zone & I like aspects of that plan.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Anne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 07:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Protein Shakes

Quote:
Originally posted by Anniebelle
But I am not enjoying bacon & eggs for breakfast.

Anne, you can have anything you want (thats LC of course) for breakfast. I love leftovers, especially chicken and burgers. There's no rule that you must have bacon and eggs. Try typing "breakfasts" into the search function at the top of the page on the right (the globe icon) and I'll bet you find all kinds of great ideas.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 203/203/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

I even had cheese string rolled up in smoked ham and then I put it in the microwave for a few seconds to get the ham cooked. It was pretty good. I did not have time to fix anything else so that was quick and easy and it was good.

Chelle
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 20:59

Plan: Bodyopus
Stats: 220/214/???
BF:
Progress:

I mix Whey protein powder with soy milk. The natural kind (non-flavoured) even has less carbs than regular milk to. Add an egg and get protein from three different sources. A bit of cinnamon adds flavour.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/176/120
BF:
Progress: 17%

I make my protein drink with Chrystal Lite. Yum-m. My favourite is the strawberry banana kiwi. Taste almost like a sort of daiquiri.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 220/200/130
BF:
Progress: 22%

HI All
Does anyone in here ever drink the Carb Solutions (Powder or pre-made) drinks....????

A friend of mine (whos been on LC longer than I have) told me that she dosen't drink protein drinks or eat the Carb Solution snacks....She says they have hidden carbs?
I really enjoy them, but a heathly body is more important!
Is this true...and if so ....can you tell me why?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 11:34

Plan: Atkins/Kaufmann
Stats: 230/203/140
BF:48
Progress: 30%

I make my protein drinks with Atkins powdered shake mixes. The vanilla is just ONE CARB per TWO tablespoons!

From there, I toss in my powered All-One (www.all-one.com)vitamins, some bee pollen, flax seeds, udo essential oils, whatever extra vitamins I need that I can grind or open the capsule, water, davinci flavored sugar/apertame free syrup and ice. That's my morning POWER drink!

Sometimes I vary it.

But that is my breakfast most mornings!