Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-01, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins, Carb Solutions,my own modified
Stats: 156/128/&;130
BF:
Progress:
Angry Cholesterol and understanding its numbers?

Moderators Note: This information is from two threads with questions on understanding cholesterol readings.

Help!
I've been having the hardest time for the past two months. I went to a dermotolgist because my hair has been falling out. And when I went in for my annual check up my cholesterol is high. I don't really know what to do? And trying to understanding the numbers and their definitions for the HDL and LDL.
HDL=240
LDL=158
Triglycerides=91
Ratio for HDL=3.8

My blood pressure is always low ie. 100/70
And all I have been craving is sweet things. I am having a hard time getting back on the low carb and if I should try to help in modifying it to lower my HDL.