Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 02:54

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Egg, Dairy, Soy, Nuts, Gluten intolerance

Hi there, I did an IgG tests a year ago, as I had issues with extended belly whatever I ate. the results came with Egg, Cheese, Soy, Nuts, Gluten intolerance.

The gluten/soy is no problem, but was disappointed about the others especially the eggs. Eggs was a socially acceptable breakfast I could have an omelette, or HB egg. But now I can only have a protein shake, or meat/burger... or just fast for breakfast which I don't think is great for my metabolism but I can try it, protein shakes I think hinder my loss... I tried adding half avocado, but the only protein shake would be brown rice protein as its the least carbs, and others are egg/soy or dairy based.

Anyone else in the same boat? Ideas for breakfast ? especially when out or staying away ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 03:56

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I am not a fan of the IgG tests and question their reliability.
https://paleoleap.com/what-kind-all...ng-is-reliable/
Here's one overview article about testing but Dr Thomas O'Bryan has much more on topic. http://thedr.com

Using the tests you have, no one needs gluten, soy, and nuts. The cheese is optional too. So the biggest issue is eggs. Try three weeks with none. Eating leftover dinner for breakfast is the easiest, maybe full fat unsweetened yogurt and fruit when out? Or just bacon and other breakfast meat? Then after some time with no eggs, challenge yourself with one or two a day for three days. Typical elimination diet reintroduction steps. See if you notice a difference with eggs. I had a LC friend who created an egg allergy by overeating them, but just a time period without and then in reasonable amounts corrected it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 04:29

BF:

Hi, thanks Jay... I also have eczema/psoriasis, results and effect of food do not show in 3 weeks cycle for such cases...
I am aware of IgG testing controversy but I tried everything else and since I avoided the of foods from the list to avoid from the test, my eczema/psoriasis is 95% clear, so perhaps its a histamine response... not sure.

Yogurt is dairy... funny enough test showed I can have goat dairy. so will try goat yogurt or feta cheese for breakfast, that's a good idea.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 04:43

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I can eat egg yolks, but have trouble with the whites.

I try to get organic, soy-free eggs, from chickens which run around eating bugs and worms.

Middlemist, I wish you success with the goat dairy. I find it makes a difference how the goats live, and what they eat. Organic feed, no soy. And how the goats are treated for illness, infection etc., makes a difference in the reactions I get.

I buy veal because it is not aged. Whole Foods Market carries Strauss veal. That particular veal is from calves which drink their mother's milk and then eat organic grass.

Strauss offers a less expensive veal which is formula-fed and then some grain. Sprouts sells that version.

Breakfast:

Yesterday, I had mackerel in olive oil and olives.
Yoghurt w/ almond flour.
Tea.

Sometimes, I eat salmon and mayo w/ marinated veggies. Or tuna.

Sardines or herring. (I avoid smoked fish, due to amines.)

Chicken livers.
Veal.
Chicken breasts or thighs.
Turkey.
Roast veal.

Great Lakes gelatin is from grass-fed beef. I make gelatin out of tea, or vinegar w/ salt. Gelatin is a good filler, and also helps to fill out the nutrient spectrum.

If you do okay with the goat's yoghurt or goat's milk cream, you could make gelatin creams, or rennet cream puddings.

Staying low salicylate, low amine, low oxalate, low goitrogen, and organic, as much as I can, means, for me, that the dairy isn't as problematic as it would be otherwise.

There is raw goat's milk at Sprouts here, and at a local health food store.

This website has lists for each state of where to buy raw dairy, good eggs, etc. It is not exhaustive, but might be a help:

https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/

All the best to you.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 05:09

BF:

Thanks Silver, good suggestions.
Am not in the US, am from UK so can'y use the links and brand, but will look for something similar here.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 06:09

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I had life-long eczema, and at various points severe food allergies, anaphylactic reactions, and respiratory allergies. When I went low carb in Aug 2010 was the first time my eczema cleared up...that was no grains at all, and no soybean oils. Totally unexpected side effect. I think it was Dr Davis's second book,WheatBelly Total Health, where he explained how removing all grains, not just gluten grains (and sugar) reduces inflammation. https://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2017...ains-ruin-skin/
There are other components in grains that can impact skin.
https://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2015...oodbye-forever/

There is a new podcast on LowCarbCardiologist with Tucker Goodrich..he has done citizen research into the processed oils. I avoided soy oils for other reasons, but maybe the "oil change" also helped my eczema? Like many, My sun tolerance is now high. Rarely burn.

All the best, hope there is an easy solution to be had.

A cheese allergy can be to the histamines, or by products of fermentation, not dairy. Milk, dairy and cheese can be the same source...or different.

Allergies can drive us all crazy

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Jul-18-18 at 03:07.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 08:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My testing said I had allergies to horses and feathers..... I still have horses and chickens/turkeys/ducks. Im not convinced the test is accurate.

Im allergic to something environmentally, but it was seasonal at first ( horses and birds are not seasonal) and now all the time.

You might trial each item to find which cause you a problem. You also might consider free range no GMO eggs. Im learning what animal eats really can change the chemistry of the food item we eat. One idea is that chemicals sprayed on corn can be traced to the human that eats the dairy product ( cow ate the corn.) So perhaps if carefully sourced you can eat those foods.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 14:03
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I had a very good doctor tell me that IgG to foods can come from a leaky gut and that if I didn't eat the IgG foods for a month my gut could heal from it. I had small amounts of IgG to nearly every food I'd ever eaten except meat.

My chronic stomach problems disappear when I cut all grains. I'm thinking your gut distention is probably water from an inflammatory reaction.

I'm sorry about the egg problem. I would go for bacon and sausage.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 15:48

BF:

Thanks nawchem, actually I did show the result of my igG to my GP she said well if you think you feel better avoiding these foods then I don't see any harm.

Yes I had the highest reaction to eggs, a bummer lol