Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-10-15, 03:22

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 316/275/196 Male 72 Inches
BF:41%
Progress: 34%
Default Spikes Low Carb/Atkins Friendly Foods Corner

Hello everyone - I been doing Atkins and low carbing therfore for just over 13 years now.

Along the way I found some awesome foods that are acceptable on Atkins. this corner is to be a quick reference for new discoveries of these foods.

Starting off with a company called Bolero... they make drinks that simulate juices but are ZERO carb...

http://drink-bolero.com/

Last edited by doreen T : Sat, May-16-15 at 13:12. Reason: reseller's link changed to manufacturer's site
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-16-15, 12:25

Default Induction Friendly Drinks!

Hello everyone - I thought it might be good to add some drinks that I have been using. I can confirm that the below are induction friendly. Obviously if you go crazy drinking gallons of these it will probably have a bad effect of your ketosis and insulin but just stay sensible with it, count the carbs and you'll be fine.

I have tested these in my own body and I am still in ketosis :-)

Vimto Squeezy No added Sugar

I was very surprised about this one.. I always make a point of checking carbs on most food items that look interesting to me. I been using this fairly regular everyday with no problems.

The only thing to be careful about is that its a "squeezy" bottle so you created the dilution rate/dose.

"Carbs - 0 grams" (per 100mls diluted)

"No added Sugar Sparkling (various flavors) by Sainsbury" (UK only)

I found these in the bottled water section of my local Sainsbury store.
I was also pleasantly surprised to find that of the 6 flavors they have, they all yield exactly the same nutritional content.

recommended - Orange&Mandarin or Lemon and Lime (but that's just my taste ;-) )

Carbs <0.5 (per 100ml) AND per per 250ml! (this suggests it truly is more like 0.0-0.1 grams of carb per 100ml.

I been drinking these nonstop with no bad effects on my ketosis.

Last one for now... and my fave "treat"

Marks & Spencer "Sugar Free cloudy lemonade"

now this one.. is awesome..

Carbs per bottle(!) 1 gram
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-17-15, 18:47

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Here in the States we have lots of different brands of seltzer water to pick from.
La Croix comes in several flavors and plain (fav at my house is lime) 0 calories, 0 carbs, just carbonated water and natural flavor.
Zephyrhills or Deer Park also makes sparkling water (this one we like the lemon or the plain) again, 0 calories 0 carbs
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-17-15, 22:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/149/150 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 103%

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Balero drinks are available here in the states.

However, I too love the seltzer waters. I imagine I'm drinking a beer. Big smile.

j
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-21-15, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsf518
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Balero drinks are available here in the states.

However, I too love the seltzer waters. I imagine I'm drinking a beer. Big smile.

j

Hey ya John

Ah man that sucks.. They are On ebay but after seeing your message I chekced it out and Bolero are in the UK. Maybe order some over? Not sure if it would be worth the shipping but they have an insane amoutn of flavours.

Ah mannnn the seltzer waters.. totally forgot about those :-) I like your approach.

I discovered something else today but im sure its uk only again. Ill hjave to try finding some US stuff too.

Respect

Stephen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-21-15, 12:54

"funkee Monkee Cup Drinks (UK Only)
these are awesome

you get a box of them ( I just bought these and have them chilling in my fridge now as I type) with 6 raspberry and 6 orange.

"Carbohydrates: Trace"

What more can I say?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-22-15, 07:25

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

I'm in Canada and am loving the Nestle Pure Life sparkling drinks. Fave is Mandarin, Raspberry & Lime, and the new Black Cherry. MMMM so good.

These are zero carbs/sugars/artificial sweeteners. Really just sparkling waters with a hint of fruitiness. Perfect thirst quencher.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmum1977
I'm in Canada and am loving the Nestle Pure Life sparkling drinks. Fave is Mandarin, Raspberry & Lime, and the new Black Cherry. MMMM so good.

These are zero carbs/sugars/artificial sweeteners. Really just sparkling waters with a hint of fruitiness. Perfect thirst quencher.

That sounds fantastic - I think the drinks can really help get you through the initial period of low carb. :-)
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/149/150 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 103%

The seltzer waters are also somewhat filling. More so than just plain water. And because the sweetness is so slight, I don't really feel that it creates cravings for more sugars.

-j
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 04:03

I need to try and my hands on those again..
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-29-15, 12:53

Hello All - those of you that are watching this thread I got a couple of cool things for you....

first one is a cooking add-in called "Kernel Season's Butter Seasoning"

i been using it on my ribs, wings after removal from the oven.. here is the best bit...

"total carb (per 100 grams" - 0 grams"

its basically powdered butter.. great for all sorts of applications.

The next one is one I touched on already but I wanted to report back on it.

The Bolero Sugar free drinks range is awesome.. I been using the "Cola Cherry" flavour..tastes very sweet.. no carbs ( 1 carb per packet though for counting as its listed as "0.1<<" My ketosis is still strong .. dark purple with no problems.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-29-15, 13:57

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

So I googled the ingredients in that seasoning, they are:

Maltodextrin, Butter Blend (Whey, Butter, Buttermilk), Salt, Dextrose, Oleoresin Turmeric, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, Annatto. Silicon Dioxide added to prevent caking.

The butter in my fridge has cream and salt.

Just seems like a lot of ingredients not needed, when one could just use butter? Not that I eat THAT anymore either, since going dairy free
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-30-15, 05:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmum1977
So I googled the ingredients in that seasoning, they are:

Maltodextrin, Butter Blend (Whey, Butter, Buttermilk), Salt, Dextrose, Oleoresin Turmeric, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, Annatto. Silicon Dioxide added to prevent caking.

The butter in my fridge has cream and salt.

Just seems like a lot of ingredients not needed, when one could just use butter? Not that I eat THAT anymore either, since going dairy free

Hi there - Yea thats a fair enough comment. I dextrose is always a no-no for me, but becuase its carbs is "0" im ok with it.

To be fair I do like using butter and like you say its good to control what is going in with the extras. :-)
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-15, 08:19

Default Bolero Drinks!!!

Everyone - I just wanted to highlight Bolero drinks again. They are AWESOMEEEE!

I have experimented and tried introducing these powder made drinks which are sugar free ("0 Grams Carbs per sachet) and they do not affect my ketosis at all!

I pretty much drink these everyday.. they are really good.

I dont know if they exist in the USA but they def are in the UK. I buy mine off a Bolero shop on ebay.

Currently tried the following flavors

Raspberry - AMAZING
Mandarin
Cherry Cola
Pineapple

btw - for the record I do not work for them!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-16-15, 23:36

Default Spikes Food Corner - Updated Dec 2015

Hello all!

I have some updates!

ok so over the last 13 years odd, I have come across quite a few things that can be used straight off the shelf like many of you reading this have too.

Bolero are still my "no.1" all time fave thing to have in stock at home. Their drinks taste amazinggggggg

They have just rebranded in terms of changing the packaging desgn but thats about it. The drinks range is still there (except they pulled Cherry Cola booooo) pretty much and I tried a few new ones...

Bolero Red Orange (Blood Orange)
Bolero Raspberry
Bolero Blueberry