Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-08, 11:22

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 235/230/150 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Charging for newsletters

Does it bother anybody else that Dr. Schwarzbein is now charging for her newsletters? I see how much information the Eades' (of Protein Power fame) publish on their blogs for free and I begin to question her motivation. Is she more interested in helping people or making a buck.

The Eades' seem to really want to help people and appear to make a comfortable living while doing it. I tend to trust someone like that more than I do someone just trying to squeeze a penny out of me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 14:20

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hi Kevin,

Quite frankly, I didn't know she even still had a website! I pretty much ran with her ideas in the books she's written and did it on my own without looking back. I'm glad she has a newsletter, that's great!

But yeah, to charge for something like a newsletter (!) and then have the nerve to use it to sell her supplements, is, well, ridiculous.

I would suggest getting your info and support in free areas, such as this EADES as you mentioned. Also, this forum's journals is wonderful.

Best wishes to you! Here's to losing weight USING her ideas, and not giving HER another dime for newsletters!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/199/189 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I don't know this doctor but maybe she is not making enough. It does take time and she, like all of us, has to make a living. I have no idea what her situation is. I am not one to fault free enterprise; we can just choose not to subscribe. Or subscribe if it's worth it.

Don't tell Dr. Eades but I would pay to receive his blog.