Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#631   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-08, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%

oh and the part i didnt add on the last post... i did so well low carbing, then I ate normal just avoiding white flour. white sugar, white pasta etc. etc. for a good 3 or 4 years (with cheat days here and there of course).

My cheat days became everyday... had a bit of stress thrown into the equation and now I need to lose about 15 lbs again. I know some ppl say thats not much weight but I worked soooo hard (and aside from a baby belly GOT so hard) and now its all flab again and nothing fits (that 15 lbs of fat compared to muscle takes up a LOT of room). I also know myself well enough to know that an upward trend for me often keeps on a goin' I also have well almost everybody in my moms family as a diabetic or heart attack victim...needless to say they are not living to be very old and I want to buck that trend (I may get to spoil grandchildren some day and all), So Im hoping to get back into this way of eating again since I seem to have a huge appetite and it allows me to eat a bit more. So far about 5 days in, and I feel like ive gained. Not gonna weigh myself...dont wanna know.

I love the idea of this forum for the encouragement you get and Im feeling kinda sorry Ive ignored it for so long. would love to keep in touch with others who are trying to figure this all out in a world where the teenburger is all the rage!!

Last edited by lenni : Wed, Aug-13-08 at 15:56. Reason: just had more to say???
Sponsored Links
  #632   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-08, 09:19
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 176/161.6/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm in Leduc!! Hi eveyone!!
  #633   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-09, 11:14

Plan: VLC + IF
Stats: 400/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Calgary Alberta in the HOUSSSSE

just found out about diabetic depot, no more ordering online!!!

looks like they have a bread with 5 total carbs, and for 4 grams of fibre, 1 net carb ftw
  #634   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-09, 07:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

I hear you Lenni, I was very successful with this lifestyle in the past. I just wanted to eat like everyone else, denying that I have health issues that won't let me. I need to eat for me and not worry about what the other 75% of the world is doing. I have come back here for the encouragement and support that I got 3 to 5 years ago.
  #635   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-09, 07:12

There is still a great little shop in South Red Deer called Sugar Free and More. I'm not sure how she stay in business but she's hanging in. If you get a chance and are driving through, she is on the west side of Gaetz Ave and could use our support.
  #636   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-09, 07:55
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
There is still a great little shop in South Red Deer called Sugar Free and More. I'm not sure how she stay in business but she's hanging in. If you get a chance and are driving through, she is on the west side of Gaetz Ave and could use our support.

Does she have a website?
  #637   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 22:50

http://www.sugarfreeandmore.ca/

She does, she used to call the store low carb and more but was made to change her name because someone took exception to the claim of low carb.