Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 07:21
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 218/208/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCM
I guess that's why she named her child Apple instead of Beef Patty!
She not only named her child "Apple" – they got the idea because her husband's band's manager had a daughter before they did and named her … "Apple."

Oh, the originality! Not one girl named "Apple" but TWO. Two girls named Apple whose parents are friends and run in the same circles.

I love Gwynnie as an actress, but this really solidified for me that she has no imagination. (And it makes you wonder how ticked off Apple No.1's parents must be that someone stole the previously unique name they gave their baby!)
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 07:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%

Come on people! She's a celebrity! As soon as you become famous you become the almighty gospel on every thing from politics, dieting, exercise, how to raise children( she has one now so I'm sure she knows it all), and telling other people how to live their lives. Gwynie? Go make movies. That's about all most people care to see you do . Leave the diet advice to the experts.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/166.5/160 Male 69 in
BF:
Progress: 76%

'In any case,' she adds, 'I don't see how a bacon cheeseburger without the bun can be good for you. But that's just me.'

Is the girl saying that its healthier with the bun??

Sounds like a cry for media attention to me!!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 13:44

Plan: Semi-LC/Alt. Day Fasting
Stats: 229/221/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Goal is 22%
Progress: 10%

Gwyn City may be an actress. She may have a goofy-named kid. She may be a twig clothed in skin. She may practice offbeat Asian rituals. Her diet choice may have questionable effectiveness.

The thing here is that we are all biased toward Atkins, and any celebrity who bashes it will be made into creamed chipped beef right here on this forum for daring to be a misinformed twit in public.

There is no way her opinion will carry any weight with any of us, because we see it's all just media grabbing anyway.

I'm going for a toxic cheeseburger. Anyone want to join me?

Vicky
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 00:54

Stats: 143/136.6/125 Female 63 inches
BF:hopefully shrinkin
Progress: 36%

If anyone cares - here she is on Oprah and it was pretty interesting. She definitely isn't LCing, but she still is very serious about staying away from certain types of food similar to us LCers. She will not eat processed foods, she eats lots of proteins (mostly in fish), uses non hydro oils, and only uses whole grains (no white).

She did admit in the interview to being quite a hippie - and mostly vegetarian... so who knows. Anyways, here's the link if anyone cares. I cared less about her and more about the yummy fish she was cooking actually.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/after/tows_after_all.jhtml
(Click on 082604 Gwyneth Paltrow and Jude Law)
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 03:19
Registered Member

Stats: 218/208/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 19%

So she was cooking *macrobiotic* fish on Oprah?

Oh course her opinion won't carry weight with US ... but the general public? It's just disappointing when people who have the public's attention use the opportunity to discuss something they know nothing about.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 07:04

Plan: Semi-LC/Alt. Day Fasting
Stats: 229/221/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Goal is 22%
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltblue
Oh course her opinion won't carry weight with US ... but the general public? It's just disappointing when people who have the public's attention use the opportunity to discuss something they know nothing about.

Too true. Too many folks have a case of "If a celebrity says it, it must be true."

The folks here make a point of marching to a different tune. I think I like it.

Vicky
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 23:22

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vess
I mean come on people - the woman let Brad Pitt go - she must be out of her mind lol
now thats funny lol
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 01:04

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finestof07
Gwyneth is stupid. Who would pay attention to somebody who names their kid after a fruit???

#55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 01:05

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverjen
Like, I really don't see how you can be 6' tall and weigh 110# and be healthy anyway. Gwyneth would TOTALLY gain on Atkins because she would like, um, build muscle!

Jen

You don't build muscle just like that, by eating more protein. You build muscle if you work on it.

Personally, I think she looks great since she had her daughter. I don't think she's 110 anymore. She's more curvy.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 14:01

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaB
Personally, I think she looks great since she had her daughter. I don't think she's 110 anymore. She's more curvy.

I agree!

I saw her last week in a movie she made with her mom. She was supposed to be around 17 or 18 in the movie and looked it. She was thin, but nicely thin.

"Grace" from Will & Grace looks great too! She was a skeleton! Now she looks great!

Terri what's her name.....Lois Lane?...Hatcher! that's it! (no, not a senior moment, just really bad with names). She was getting pretty scrawny too and has "plumped up" a bit. I hope the curves come back, I can do curves, I can't (and won't) do scrawny!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Ms Paltrow is a fabulous actress - one of the best ever. Her performance in "Shakespeare In Love" is beyond brilliant.

But her love life - multiple quick engagements followed by even more rapid disengagements - indicates to me that she has a radical P failure.

Basically, she's got no P skills.

My summary het-male judgment: Elegant, Beautiful, but otherwise useless.

A real shame.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-04, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS ALL THE WAY
Stats: 240/155/155 Male 5ft 8inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavicula
Gwyneth slams the Atkins diet

Gwyneth Paltrow has become the latest celebrity to claim that the low-carb Atkins diet is bad for you.

Interviewed about her regime in Time Out magazine this week, the yoga-loving, health-conscious actress says: 'Atkins? It's not healthy at all.'

Claiming instead to be a fan of the Blood Type diet, Gwyneth explains: 'If you've got Type A blood - so you're the type who can't break down animal protein but stores it as toxin which clogs your liver and causes you to gain weight - it's just not going to work for you. My old assistant went on Atkins and gained a stone because she was Type A.'

'In any case,' she adds, 'I don't see how a bacon cheeseburger without the bun can be good for you. But that's just me.'

Gwynnie admits in the interview that she's something of a health nerd. 'I'm very into food science,' she says. 'I was seriously macro for a while... I just think the more you can do to maximise your health while you're alive the better.

'And you can tell so easily what's bad for you. When you detox for a few days and then have sugar, you feel so terrible, the effect it's having on your system.'

SOURCE: Time Out

First of all what a loser and who cares i dont even know him so i guess hes no the popular. First off al there is no eviedce that the Atkins diet is unhealty a matter a fact ,ost studies show that low carb diets are more healthy than low fat diets cause it can reduce heart disease risk factors faster tha low fat can. So if i was him i would do some reasearch on low carb before he opens his BIG FAT mouth. He should keep it shut since he is not well educated and he is no a doctor jst ignore him.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 06:13

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

FYI: Gwyneth Paltrow is a woman and she's an actress (won an Oscar, actually ). She was once engaged to Brad Pitt and is now married to Christ Martin, the lead singer of Cold Play. She's the one that named her baby daughter "Apple"

I do agree that she can keep her misinformed opinions to herself, tho