Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#571   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-04, 21:38
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Okay, here's my suggestion:

Take a HALF an ephedrine, and a HALF a caffeine tab, first thing in the morning.

So, 12.5 mg E, 100 mg C.

See how you feel.

Personally, I like little stacks like this taken more frequently than a big one all at once. You may find that taking this mini-stack 4-5 times a day is more comfortable than taking the full 25mg E and 200 mg C three times a day.
Sponsored Links
  #572   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 19:05

Plan: LC
Stats: 135/135/115 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks Built. I have other questions if I may:

1. Take in before the morning workout or after? Should they always be taken with some kind of food?
2. What about if I happen to not exercise one day, do I still take them that day?
3. Lastly, I'm curious to know how this combination came about being that the Vasopro is being sold as an Expectorant Bronchodilator. I was telling my husband about it since he finally has joined a gym and I wanted him to start taking it as well but he's being skeptical about it. I had a hard time explaining to him the why of this combination.

I'd really appreciate your answers.
  #573   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 19:11

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

1. Take before. I find that it takes 30 - 45 mins to kick in. I also find that taking with food diminishes the effect, so take on an empty stomach.

2. This is up to you, depending on how you want to use it. If you are using it as a pre-workout boost, then just use on your workout days. If you are using it to maximize fat loss, take every day. I like the 5 days on - 2 days off schedule.

3. It's about the legality issue. Ephedra can't be sold as a fat loss agent anymore, but it can help you with that slight (wink wink) asthma you have.
  #574   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 19:20

BF:
Unhappy Thanks for all your help

Wow, thanks. That was amazingly speedy answer Trainerdan!

I'd like to use it as an energy source but mostly to burn fat. I have been stuck with my last 20-30 lbs for over a year and no matter what I do, it's not going away.

I decided for me just eating healthy and trying to keep the carbs at a minimum is the way to go due to my IBS issues. But exercising it's another whole topic, just don't have the energy for it.

That said, if I start with what Built recommended 12.5 mg E, 100 mg C. in the morning, that should be twice a day, right? I'm guessing it's 25 mg E and 200 caffeine daily?

I just need a little kick on the butt to get me off my bed at 5:00 am to workout. and losing a few lbs would definitely encourage me some after almost a year of stalling!

Last edited by seriously : Mon, Sep-06-04 at 19:39.
  #575   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 19:31
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:

#576   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 20:23

Plan: my own (like the Zone)
Stats: 140/131.0/126 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:maybe 15% not real
Progress: 64%

I have to agree with Trainerdan! I was stuck at the same weight for a couple of years and the ephedra combined with caffeine on an empty stomach seems to produce the best results.
  #577   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 20:37
Registered Member

BF:

Yep. Ditto this.

Keep it by your bed, and knock it back with water as soon as you wake up. It'll keep you awake, and make it a lot easier to get up and get going.

Try the mini-stack twice a day for a bit. Titrate up the dose until you find a comfortable level, which may very well be 5 or 6 of these mini-stacks a day. Or it might be 3. Or you may prefer to take one or two larger doses - everybody is different here. As I stated earlier, I like to keep it steady through the day, not big whacks all in one, but some folks like this.

Post up what you find works for you. It's always interesting to hear what other people find helpful.
  #578   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 07:00

BF:

Thanks guys for all the great help and quick responses! I'm so excited, can hardly wait to receive them.

Built, I think I'll take your advise and keep them on my nightstand and as soon as the alarm goes off take them, that way even if i wanted to I won't be able to sleep anymore.
  #579   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 08:22
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

I ordered my stack last night as well. I have read up on the benefits of stacking when I first did Atkins like 7-8 years ago and used to take stuff like Xenadrine and Hydroxycut. But I wasn't dieting as seriously as I should have been and was not working out. Now all my ducks in a row and I can't wait to see how everything works out. Thanx for all the information that has been offered here.
  #580   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:39

BF:

Ok guys..just got my pills. What a speedy delivery!
I just took 12.5 E and 100 Mg C with plenty of water. I had breakfast about 3 hrs ago. Hope this is what I have been looking for! Good Day!
  #581   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 12:48

BF:

Hello again,

It's been 3 hours since I took them and I love the little buzz, not too much not too little. I'm energized and alert and not too hungry throughtout lunchtime.

I think the 12.5 E & 100 Mg C works good for me. Now, how many times can I take those portions throughtout the day? 3 or 4 times? I can't remember what's the daily dosage for E/C?

As always, forever thankful!
  #582   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 21:16
Registered Member

Stats: 141/133/110 Female 60
BF:28/28/21
Progress: 26%
Default Isn't Ephedra illegal now?

I used to take Metabolife, and it worked incredibly well for me (until I started getting dizzy spells). It was banned last year by California, so each company stopped making it. Even Ebay refuses to let you sell a product containing Ephedra.
Are companies distributing products with this ingredient again?
  #583   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 21:36
Registered Member

BF:

Ephedra is an herb. It's illegal in the USA.

Ephedrine HCL is a legal decongestant *cough fatburner when you take it with caffeine cough*

Seriously, in answer to your question, I have no trouble at all with 80mg a day taken in small doses through the day. Titrate upward until you find your comfort level.
  #584   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 22:50

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

You can get Ephedrine HCl here:

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=50

As Built has stated in another post, Ephedrine HCl is the pure form of what was in ephedra products. It's laboratory grade and the dosing is consistent, unlike herbal products.

I'm on my first ever cutting cycle using any form of ephedrine, and this is far and away the most effective supplement I've ever used.

You need to be careful with it though. Read the directions carefully and do not take it if you have high BP!

Best Wishes,
Mark
  #585   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 06:05
wrkn off da baby fat

BF:

I received my shipment Thurs (would have started Friday if I had checked the mail Thurs.. doh!)

I took some yesterday when I got home from work. The 12.5Ephedrine and the 100mg caffeine was a nice starter dose. I took one at 8a this morning and will take another at 11am and hour before I lift.