Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 13:17

Plan: general low carb/my way
Stats: 195/180/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default back again...hanging head in shame

in 2011 I got my weight down from my all time high of 188 to about 156 or so. Still 11 lbs short of my goal. I went off the rails and here i am..5 years later at a new all time high of 195.

I started very low carbing on Wednesday January 13th right after i stood on my (dusty) scale. OMG. right then and there I started. Fingers crossed this time I stick to this WOL. I KNOW i like it! so what possessed me to start eating crap like big macs and fries and pasta and natchos...and..and...and!

I need to start posting here again to keep me feeling accountable.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 15:10

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 275/265/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 12%

head high!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 18:07

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 183/173/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Lynn, you go girl! Just started over Jan 3rd. Down 10 lbs only 30 to go, I pulled up my old wl history on Fitday, 16 months ago was 15 lbs lighter. Oh well. A new day, new beginnings.

Feeling great, not hungry, lots of new info since the last time I LC'd, many more swops and great menu ideas. Loving califlower "rice" on stirfry night.

Great to find a compadre....
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 18:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Welcome Back gizmogirl!

Don't hang your head in shame... at least you're back and that's a very good thing! Countless of us weren't successful the first time we were determined to "lose the weight" for good! I've been at this for at least 35 years... Just know you are NOT alone!

One way to be successful this time around is to figure out why you went back to those toxic carbs! If you can figure that out, you're well on your way to not only losing the weight, but keeping it off 4ever!

Wishing you much success on your journey to a HEALTHIER you!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 18:26

BF:

thank you all for the warm welcome. I have had a hungry day today but I have still stayed on plan. Have had eggs, homemade sausage patty for breakfast, garlic shrimp for lunch, and for dinner i had some haddock with a blob of butter on it. Have only drank water and tea today. Hope by the time that i weigh in on wed that i have lost a couple of pounds to motivate me to keep going.
Lynn
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 18:41

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

No need to hang your head in shame, you're back! There's a reason everyone says maintenance is harder than losing - it IS! All the best to you.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Being back is GOOD.

And, as Jo says: figure out, not for us or anyone else, but for yourself, what convinced you to start eating the things that led to to regain.

And then you can figure out what you will do if the same circumstances show up again. Because, you know...life.

And if we want life to stay good, we have to commit to doing what's best for us...like restarting when we thought we had it all down, right?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-16, 20:42

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

No shame. You're back. You're gonna make it this time!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-16, 04:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back, Lynn.

As Jo said, you need to figure out what happened last time and how you could change that habit into a better one this time. Here are some ideas http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=468195

Doing it "my way" may have worked for Frank Sinatra, but I'm not a fan of it for LC diets, especially in the beginning, when you need to erase those tricks learned the last time. Dr Eades writes about why the "second time" is harder...mostly our more forgiving memories about the plan, aka cheats. https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/

It's worked before, you can do it again all the best,
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-16, 09:48

BF:

Thank you everyone! I think you are right that i have to figure out WHY I let myself go back to my old eating habits..will read those threads Jey100, thank you. Also my way..was last time. I was doing atkins induction but allowing myself a few things that I believe kept the carb monster alive inside me (milk chocolate piece most nights if I had enough carbs left was just one of them!) I still lost weight as I kept it under 20, but I should have realized that it was not teaching me discipline. This time I am doing very low carb. I have an atkins 72 book that I will dig out to help me go up the rungs as I progress. That is another thing I did not do last time which probably contributed to my backslide. I went all the way thru on induction, except for that chocolate, and didn't learn how to add things back in for maintenance." It was just like my brain said to me...OK.. you look fine now...Here..have a big mac!"

off to peek at journals and write in my own!
Tomorrow is one week weigh in. Gotta say I am nervous. If I have lost nothing I need to keep going. I am in perimenopause so I KNOW this time will be harder!

thanks again
Lynn
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-16, 10:15
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmogirl
... I was doing atkins induction but allowing myself a few things that I believe kept the carb monster alive inside me (milk chocolate piece most nights if I had enough carbs left was just one of them!) I still lost weight as I kept it under 20, but I should have realized that it was not teaching me discipline. ...

That was a major mistake I made on past LC diets, too. The idea that I could 'save up carbs' to trade for a small, high carb indulgence seemed like a good idea at the time. But I now know that it was this behavior that kept me zeroed in on the foods I craved most. It did not make staying on plan easier. It made it harder. Over the short term I could lose weight. But I could not sustain the diet where a feeling deprivation was the norm. If a carby indulgent food is a problem for me and causes me to crave food, then it is best not to eat it. With enough separation, those old favs will lose their luster. When they do, the LC foods that you do eat will be more enjoyable than ever.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-16, 16:56

BF:

I have had a better day today hunger wise, not sure why i was so hungry yesterday but today my appetite is alot less. Tomorrow is my one week mark and i will be weighing myself in the morning. Wish me luck!
Lynn
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-16, 09:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/147/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good luck gizmogirl! Just know that many of us - have been in your spot multiple times in our lives! Nothing to be ashamed of you are being proactive and taking control! Good for You!!

Best of Luck :-) Sammye