Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-14, 04:46

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Another 3lb off this week, pleased with that! Back later...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-14, 06:19

BF:

Well, I'm pleased with that for my first month - a total of 18 lbs lost. That's awesome for me. On previous low fat high carb diets I typically lost 6 lbs the first week then very little no matter how much I starved myself.

I've adjusted my start weight down as I've decided to ignore the 6lbs I lost before starting LC. So, a new starting weight for a new way of life.

I've had a few more calories over the last couple of days, simply because we've been having days out. I planned and packed good food to take which made it so easy to avoid any junky food.

I'm not having any really hungry days, but I will be prepared when they do strike! No more high carb snacking for me!

I'm still tracking everything at the moment, but it's not a chore, just gives me some feeling of control.

Whofan you are absolutely right - it does feel like a miracle. All these years I listened to the bad advice - now I've seen the light!

Still averaging about 40 - 50 carbs a day, will stick with this for now until my progress stops or seriously slows.

Excellent thought, Bob - I'll be abiding by that!

Doing my little happy dance! 18 lbs gone forever!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 00:36

BF:
Default Update

Update - now 6 weeks in and 25 pounds gone forever! I'm really pleased with that.

If anyone's thinking of starting this way of eating please give it a good go, get through the I-feel-like-poop stage, then watch the weight come off. It's the easiest 'diet' I've ever been on.

Still a long way to go, but this time I have hope!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 06:38
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

You are doing terrific. Stick with it and things will just keep getting better. I enjoyed those big losses the first few months, too. The rate of loss is slowing down somewhat in recent months -- but the scale is still moving the right direction. So I try not to get too down about it. It is a long road to our goal -- so we may as well enjoy the journey. Congratulations on your loss so far (and the losses to come).
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 07:29

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Woohoo!!
Keep up the good work!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 11:55

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

So happy for you! Keep going, even when the weight loss begins to slow down. That's the only way to get where you want to be.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 15:03

Plan: Atkins 2002ish/LCHF
Stats: 228/166/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulder
Another 3lb off this week, pleased with that! Back later...

Whoo Hoo! Way to go!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 00:36

BF:

Thanks, all - I'm really pleased with my progress so far and I finally feel that I have hope to get rid of this weight that holds me back so much.

From hopeless to hopeful in 6 weeks!
x
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 05:54

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Wow! You are doing amazing! I agree with wanting to tell everyone about this way of eating. It's like we all know a little secret that isn't a secret at all. And, yes, I'm sure people would probably think we are crazy. Before I began low carb, I was a complete food addict. I would obsess about food from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. I was ALWAYS hungry. I was forever contemplating my next meal. I often even dreamed about grocery shopping. I know that sounds crazy, but it is true. I think, in the future, medical research will find a chemical/hormonal imbalance or something genetic that causes this. But, that rant is for another day. The amazing thing now is that I am rarely hungry. I no longer eat until I feel like I am going to explode. I only obsess about food when I am planning my meals for the day or week. I often wonder if this is what "normal" people feel like. I have to keep my carbs below 20 in order to lose well, but that is ok. This forum is a wonderful place for motivation and support. I'm glad you have joined us. Congratulations on finding a way of eating that will certainly work for you!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 06:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Welcome to the best LC WOE site on the planet, Skulder! And huge congrats on your progress so far!

This WOE is going to change you life, cause it's truly changed mine!!

Wishing you much success on your LC WOE journey!

Onward and DOWNWARD!!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 06:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
We shop the perimeter of the store (I don't know about the UK, but in the US the produce and meat are on the perimeter).

A good rule of thumb:

If it's advertised on TV, don't eat it.

Bob

Holy Hannah isn't that the gospel truth!!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 08:37

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

An article in the Life Extension Magazine this month indicates that high glycemic carbs make your body secrete IGF (insulin growth factor) that has been identified as a trigger for human breast cancer.

More and more papers published in peer reviewed publications are convincing me that not only is our WOE making us thinner, but it is extending our healthy life span too.

Bobby
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-14, 02:50

BF:

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm still keeping on keeping on. I gained a pound this week but I've been adding extra salt as I had lethargy issues and I think that's caused me to retain water.

KD, I know exactly where you're coming from, I used to obsess about food, thinking about what I couldn't have, thinking about what I was going to sneak off and have if I got the chance, thinking and planning all the time. Now it doesn't even cross my mind until it's time to eat, then I just grab what I need, eat it and go back to what I was doing. No more food obsession! Maybe this is what normal is! Loving it!

Hi Jo, I've had so much good advice since I've been here, it really has helped. I'm looking forward to the day I can say I've had as much success as you!

Bob, you are so right. When I was watching TV last night I realised that everything advertised was either low fat/full of sugar or high fat and full of carbs. It also takes me less than 15 minutes to shop for myself now - although husband does take a little longer to choose his carbs cr~p lol.

Thanks again, guys, it's so lovely to have the support of people who understand. X