Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 11:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 220/190/180 Male 5 feet, 111 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

FYI, Oblong, here is the nutritional info for the SB bars I sometimes eat half of in the morning. Depending on the specific type, you only get 5 - 7 net carbs from 1/2 of one. I find them very satisfying with a small glass of 2% milk and do not get cravings or any hunger until lunchtime. Thanks for the book tip.

I see you are in Brighton. I visited the UK a few years ago and enjoyed it tremendously.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 Bar

Servings Per Container 6

Amount Per Serving Calories 100 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value* Total Fat 3 g 5% Saturated Fat 2.5 13% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 125 mg 5% Potassium 40 mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5% Dietary Fiber 5 g 20% Sugars 7 g Protein 5 g Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 20% Iron 10% Copper — Folic Acid — Iodine — Magnesium — Niacin 15% Phosphorus 15% Riboflavin 15% Thiamin 15% Vitamin B12 15% Vitamin B6 15%

Last edited by Woodr1 : Mon, Feb-07-11 at 15:21.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 21:25

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Dr Davis of the HeartScan blog has a lot of information about lowering triglycerides and raising hdl. Some of his patients have have good results with raising hdl by optimizing their vitamin d levels.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 21:52

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 192.2/160/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was a little grumpy today because it was 50 degrees and I was cold. LOL! Tonight it is getting down to 29 and I had to cover my plants. I don't know how you guys up North do it! I had to put on a sweater today! LOL!

Try watching the movie, "Fat Head' -- it's on Hulu for free. It has some interesting interviews of Drs. Eades and others sprinkled throughout the movie. To me, the second half of the movie was more about low carb science. But the whole thing is worth watching.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's gallbladder, because it's going to effect the way you can eat.

How about watching these links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RE4cXeX7Po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcvg...n_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkQ...n_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwB...n_order&list=UL
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 17:43

BF:

Ha! 50 degrees! Seriously, I don't think we've seen even 45 here since before Thanksgiving. We've had solid snow cover since about Christmas. Sigh. I've check out the YouTubes and 'Fathead'. Thanks.

Had a chicken-bacon-Swiss sandwich in a lettuce wrap for lunch today. That was all. I simply can't believe I'm not losing weight faster, I've changed my eating habits (bad habits) so radically.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-11, 17:30

BF:
Default Beez, I have a question...

How much and what kind of Niacin are you taking? I was taking the maximum daily amount recommended by the author of the '8 Week Cholesterol Cure' which was two 500-mg standard Niacin and two 500-mg extended release Niacin from Endurance Products. I've stopped it now for almost 9 days and my weight loss has definitely accelerated. I'm now down almost 10 pounds total.

Rick.