Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 10:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/145/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Jo Ann!

I'm glad to see you are up and writing! I'm an early riser, too, and anxious to get started with my day.

I tired to get in touch with you yesterday, I think......but then at my age (I'm 58), sometimes the things I've thought I've done, I haven't! Do you know that feeling?

Congratulations on staying with this food plan for 6 days........and it sounds like you are right on course!!!!!!!!!! Water or not, the numbers are going down. Next will come the inches.........o joy!

Are you strictly doing this for weight loss, or are there medical reasons. I have been a bit leary because the main reason I'm here is the cholesterol.......I've lurked in the list they have for folks like me and, although some of the news is good, some is kinda scarey........going from high cholesterol numbers to even higher ones. But I figured I could do this for 30 days with no severe side effects (heart-wise)....and maybe I'll prove to be one of the ones who will benefit from this LoCarb/Hi Protein way of living.

Well, that's enough from me now.........I need to make my breakfast. I can't believe that I can scramble 2 eggs (I had to actually go out and buy eggs yesterday!) and top them with cheese!!!!!!!!!!! I've got some tofu that I'll play with today.

Keep on keeping on, my dear! I'm cheering you on!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 10:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Howdy Janet!

Thanks for your encouragement! Actually, I misfigured, I have only been on the induction 5 days total with a 6 pound loss.

I need to lose about 40 pounds at least in order to be a descent size for my height 5'51/2". I hate these 40 pounds I have added to my self! I can't wear any descent clothes!!!!!!!!

However, if is not just my weight, my doctor wants me to lose 10-15 at least to see if I can't get my blood pressure down. I already take a very high dose of blood pressure medication and he does not want to have to increase it. He would rather me lose the weight and WALK or do some exercise of that sort, so he won't have to raise the dosage..........HOPEFULLY!

I know it is scarry, Janet, but I can tell you this, my sister and her husband went on the Atkins 2 yrs. ago and the doctor is who suggested them to do so, and their test IMPROVED TREMENDOUSLY from doing the LOW CARBING.

If I were you, I would get blood work done now, and then again in a few months. From your stats, you don't look like you have much to lose at all. You may even benifit from doing the Sugar Busters since it is not weight you are the most concerned about? Check that out and see if it is "doable" for you. That is just a thought!

Thanks again for your encouragment!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:23
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Hi Jo Anne!

Thank you so much for writing back! Thank you, too, for telling me about your sister and her husband.......that was very encourageing!

I know what you mean about "those 40 pounds" and the hatred that goes along with them. A couple of years ago I weighed 206 lbs.......at 5'2" I was a mess! And it wasn't just the poundage I hated...........I hated myself! I had to make peace with how I looked.......make peace with my body......what I had to look at when I looked in the mirror. What got that weight off was due to what was happening in my life....(details aren't important).....I ate almost nothing. It wasn't healthy, that's for sure. And even then I had to be put on medication for high cholesterol. This time my doctor doesn't want to put me on medication (my overall cholesterol number is 223....I think that's it anyway. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out all the details....I had it taken a couple of weeks ago.) because a CAT scan found "something" on my liver. I go in for an ultra-sound tomorrow. I'm not worried about it........whatever it is is only a centimeter.....and the person who read the scan said it didn't look troublesome.

So here I am at 147 lbs............haven't been this weight in over 10 years. But I was struggling to keep between 140 and 150. So this whole cholesterol thing has turned into a blessing! And you, as well as others on this list, are part of that blessing!

Take care today.....I'm sure we'll chat again soon.........bye for now
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:35
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Congrats on the loss so far.
I'm not weighing...until Jan 8th. That will be the 14th day...of induction...and it's my official weigh in with my support group.
It will actually be a 3 week wiegh in due to the holidays...and one week of that will be the holiday week..where I ate everything....
So I'm hoping for a balancing act...and If I'm down 5 pounds from my weigh in on Dec 18th..I will be extatic...It's hard waiting for the weigh in though.....
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:

Hey....wait a minute here! I put icons in this message........previewed it and saw them..........what has happened? They are not in the posted message! What am I doing wrong? (picture a disgruntled face here)
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 13:51
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Angry

I don't know what happened....
here's a roll
too bad yours didn't work...
maybe they were just down or something...
try again... don't beat yourself up...
Have a good day
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 19:52
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Cheryl

You crack me up! I loved your message.........and sharing your "roll" with me! I needed to lighten up.
I'm trying these little smilie guys........we'll see what happens.

Waiting until your 14th day........great idea. I'm going to do that, too. I get to crazy if I weigh every day. From everything I hear, you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how you did!

Here's a cheer for you...rah rah you go girl!

Talk to you later..........