Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 14:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/196/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New member needs plateau help

Hi, this is my first chat/message board and I thought maybe I could find some help here. I started low-carbing in June of last year and lost around 30 pounds by November. I yo-yo's, going off and on the Atkins diet from November until about 3.5 weeks ago, when I went back on strict induction. I haven't cheated once, have minimized caffiene, maximized water and kept the carbs between 10 and 20 per day, started taking fiber w/ Calcium and I haven't lost any weight, actually gained a pound. Any suggestions? I am contemplating the fat fast. Has anyone done that? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 19:51

Plan: Low Carb MY way
Stats: 164/163.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Maybe post a sample of your daily diet? The foods and beverages your cosuming might help some of the people that have been here to help you more. Some of us consume certain things that make us stall. You might want to take a harder look at what you're consuming to see if there is something that may be the culprit.? Just a thought.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 22:46
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome, 1son4me! Glad you have joined us.

I agree that we need to see a list of the foods you have been eating, before we can give you any really useful suggestions.

I have done the Fat Fast. It is very extreme, and I was not at all well during the 5 days I was on it. On the final 2 days, I very seriously thought I was about to die!!! The Fat Fast is not something to be undertaken lightly, and I do not recommend it to you or to anyone else. There are many other things you can and should try first. In addition, a few people, those who have done the Fat Fast with the mistaken idea that it will somehow "jump start" or "speed up" their weight loss, have been sadly disappointed. It will only work for people who meet all of the criteria that Dr. Atkins carefully outlined in DANDR, and those are people who are truly metabolically resistant to losing weight.

There are many foods and food additives that the members of this site know to cause weight loss to stall. Post you foods, so we can give you some basic advice.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 08:55

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the responses! My husband read about the fat fast and agreed it should be a last resort only. I will try going to 10 carbs per day for a week and no nuts at all and see where that gets me. As far as eating goes:

Sunday: 42g LC granola w/ 2 tbs. 1/2 and 1/2, 14 pepperoni slices w/ 1 oz cheddar cheese, 2 chicken bratwurst, 1 cup salad w/ 2 tbs. lc dressing, 1 oz nuts

at least 84 oz of water each day, trying to limit the diet coke too.

What do you think? Now that I am sharing my diet journal, maybe it is the cheese? I seem to be having a lot of it. Ideas? THANK YOU!

Mon: 2 saus. patties, 2 eggs, 2 slices cheese, 2 bratwurst, grilled chicken w/ avocado and 2 oz nuts

Tues: 2 saus. patties, 2 eggs, 2 slices cheese, grilled chicken w/ broccoli & cheese, 2 ground beef pattys w/ cheese and 1 pickle spear
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 09:17

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

There are a couple of thoughts which come to mind on reading your food list. Nuts might be a problem. Check your sausages (the bratwurst, sausage patties and pepperami) to see if they contain fillers like rusk (bread crumbs). Avocado is a bit 'iffy' for induction.

You could try the so called egg fast or meat fast. Many people find these more effective at breaking a stall than the fat fast. Personally I find Stillmans diet an excellent stall breaker. It is basically eggs, lean meat, fish and no carby foods at all. Don't do it for more than a week though and you may need to take a laxative!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 09:28

BF:
Progress:

I had no idea about rusk, I'll check for that. Thank you!