Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 04:24

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Hi Paige and welcome to our little LC slice of the 'net. If you look at my weight loss stats and my cholesterol counts in my signature line, you'll see the kind of success that is possible with this WOL. I tell you this because I didnt have faith that I would succeed.

At least you still have that faith, and you've come to a wonderful place for support. Good luck and feel free to drop by my journal any time!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 14:30
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Welcome! We're glad to have you...update us when you can.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 14:51

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

This gal joined Feb 25, 03 and posted 7 times. I think she is long gone!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 07:39
Registered Member

Plan: mix
Stats: 168/168/135 Female 5ft 6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Paige,
Hi there! I'm hoping a forum will help me also~ I previously lost over 70 lbs and regained almost 1/2 in the last year. I hear you on the skinny hubby too! Mine isn't super skinny but is 6 ft 4 very muscular at 220 and eats what ever he pleases with no effects! This morning I made us a loaded 6 egg omlette to split. After that he had a piece of cake with cool whip. Last I walked down he had a HUGE dish of icecream. It's not even 9am yet! I'm jealous and a little grouchy because it's always in the house!
Sorry for the rant!
Wish you the best!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 09:07

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome Paige you will just love it here. It is like going to mailbox and finding a letter from some one that cares about you.

I am getting back to where I need to be, in control!! Have a good day.

Linda
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 13:11

Plan: Atkins-modified diabetic
Stats: 259/259/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Talking

Hi Paige! Welcome to the forums!

I think you will do great here because I have only been on the forums for a couple days and already people have been telling me how great a support system this is and I've seen it in action. I see people asking for advice and they GET IT.

I'm sure it's tough dealing with your man eating 'whatever he wants', but I doubt that is healthy for you, you need his support (no matter HOW MANY TIMES you have tried and failed). I have faith in you and believe that if you succeed you will show him just how healthy you are (quite an argument for him to try to knock down) and in the end he may want to follow your way of life too! I'm planning doing the same with my mom!

If you ever want to, stop by my journal !

Again, welcome and best of luck

-beej
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-04, 14:40

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Paige--

Welcome to the forum--Hope you find what you are looking for here. Some of us struggle more than others but in the end we all seem to gain something from low carb eating and exercising.

Welcome again and here is wishing you the best of luck and Happy Eating. Aleka
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 19:14

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Where Are You paige???

Paige----I hope that you haven't left for good. I hope we didn't let you down. I hope that you come back and become one of us. Alice
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 20:29

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

#25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 10:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 226/226/130 Female 62 inches
BF:

Hi Paige...I'm new too! I have started soooo many diets that I'm almost afraid to start another one and fail....I can't seem to know where to start. I have done many diets, Atkins, Weight Watchers...can't figure out which I like best. My body tells me to go with low carbos but my mind keeps saying but if you do Weight Watchers you can have bread and potatoes. I'm so confused. You sound like your doing great! I'm really proud of you and all the other dieters who can do this. Sorry, didn't mean to talk so much.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 15:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 186/183.5/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 4%

I love this forum... Thanks to everyone who posts "how to" information!! I need it
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 06:45

Plan: lc
Stats: 350/327/190 Female 5 ft 8in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hello and Welcome
Iam new also seems to be alot of great support here
Good Luck

Monica
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-06, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 414/284/199 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige37
I have been reviewing alot of different forums before I joined as I really am looking for the best support system possible. This one, by far looked the best! So, here I am. I started Atkins last summer and did great. However, I had some set backs due to some health issue's, but I'm back and looking for all of the help and support I can find. I dont seem to have much here at home as my husband weighs all of 135 and has seen me say "I'm going to do this" so many times about different diets, I think he has little faith in me anymore. I still have faith and I'm hoping I can find some friends here that will encourage and believe in me.
okay, thats all for now. I'm glad I found you and look forward to all of your input. 196/196/160

Hi Dear, I believe in you and am happy to encourage you. Yesterday and its setbacks are gone, so today we hang on tight and enjoy our journey together. Love Crystal
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-09, 09:32

Stats: 291/240/210 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Paige, i would not say your husband has lost faith in you, he probably loves you the way you are and isnt "On the boat" if you know what I mean...

Just wanted to lend my support and let you know that we are all here for you!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-11, 21:24

Stats: 163/154/125 Female 60
BF:38.2%
Progress: 24%
Default Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige37
I have been reviewing alot of different forums before I joined as I really am looking for the best support system possible. This one, by far looked the best! So, here I am. I started Atkins last summer and did great. However, I had some set backs due to some health issue's, but I'm back and looking for all of the help and support I can find. I dont seem to have much here at home as my husband weighs all of 135 and has seen me say "I'm going to do this" so many times about different diets, I think he has little faith in me anymore. I still have faith and I'm hoping I can find some friends here that will encourage and believe in me.
okay, thats all for now. I'm glad I found you and look forward to all of your input. 196/196/160

As long as you have faith in yourself, that is all that matters! Hang in there, there are lots of us working to be who we want to be!