Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  It's been two weeks and already feeling great

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 11:32

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Quote:
It's not really a big success story but to me it's something that I am accomplishing something I haven't been able to do in a really long time.
You are wrong--it's a whopping big success story! Congratulations on your new way of life! You have conquered so much in a short while. I think you were destined to pick up Dr. Atkins' book. He just may have saved your life! He is one of my heroes.

At the young age of 22, you have so much to look forward to for the rest of your healthy life! Embrace this new way of eating and the weight will just melt off. You'll be able to do so many things that you could never do so much overweight. Start looking forward and make plans for things you want to do when you lose a certain amount of pounds. The sky is the limit! You can do anything you set out to do. Learn to choose non-food rewards for every success, and success does not have to be pounds lost. Be creative and start to enjoy life!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey to thin and healthy. Just keep going--one day at the time.

Sunny!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 21:04

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

woh 30 obs in what a month?? that awesome. what do u eat on average day specifically. i am doing great my first week.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 22:08

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 249.4/234/199 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 31%

WTG
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 02:23

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 195/162/155 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Holy crap! ~ first I was like 30 pounds in two weeks?! Then I saw your starting weight. That is wonderful though! Please remember, once you get closer and closer to your goal, your weight loss won't be as fast - it'll get slower because there won't be as much there left to lose. Please don't get discouraged when that happens. Keep up the good work!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 10:18
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Way to go!!!

That is truly a success story and I'm so happy for you!!

I hope to see you alot more around this forum as it was being here daily that helped me to achieve my goal.

Keep up your good work!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/245/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
You are wrong--it's a whopping big success story! Congratulations on your new way of life! You have conquered so much in a short while. I think you were destined to pick up Dr. Atkins' book. He just may have saved your life! He is one of my heroes.

At the young age of 22, you have so much to look forward to for the rest of your healthy life! Embrace this new way of eating and the weight will just melt off. You'll be able to do so many things that you could never do so much overweight. Start looking forward and make plans for things you want to do when you lose a certain amount of pounds. The sky is the limit! You can do anything you set out to do. Learn to choose non-food rewards for every success, and success does not have to be pounds lost. Be creative and start to enjoy life!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey to thin and healthy. Just keep going--one day at the time.

Sunny!

Thanx so much for the support It really means alot and your right I can reward myself with something other than food!!

snm_als
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 18:17

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the support it really means alot!

snm_als
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 18:19

BF:
Progress:

Thanx so much for the support and coming in here daily does help a lot!

snm_als
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-06, 18:29

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerchic
woh 30 obs in what a month?? that awesome. what do u eat on average day specifically. i am doing great my first week.

Hey!! Thanx so much for the support at first I would eat an egg and a piece of ham for breakfast, lunch I would eat tuna salad and a couple pork rinds and for dinner a salad and a piece of chicken but now I eat a variety. What really helps is the flavor water I buy from walmart Its their brand It gives that soda feel and fills you up!

snm_als
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-03-06, 03:44

Stats: 181/168/150 Female 5,7"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Wow I admire you and your resolution, I wish I had of sorted out my weight at age 22, you have your whole life of healthy slimness to look forward to. You can do this this, 30lbs is totally amazing loss, my daughter weighs 30lbs, you have lost a whole little persons worth of weight in TWO WEEKS.

Fantastic, well done you, keep it up and look forward to sharing in your further success xx
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 10:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/244/165 Female 5 ft., 10 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm inspired by you

Your story really inspired me...I am just beginning and I find it hard to believe that I really WILL lose the weight if I "do it right." So I'm glad to read your story and see that it has begun to happen for you! Good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-07, 10:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 269/259/165 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 10%

You are so wrong with feeling like it's not a huge success story. I can't wait to read your ongoing victory in your war against depression. Stay strong - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Cathy
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-07, 15:05

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 315/315/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Great Job!

That is so wonderful! I have been low carbing for four weeks tomorrow. I've been very suprised at how well it's working. I weigh on Friday morning, so I'm not sure how well I've done for the month, but I've lost 12.5lbs so far, and I'm doing great! Keep up the good work, and if you ever need to chat, please feel free to email me at fostermk~sbcglobal.net. I feel that a great support system leads to great success! Great JOB!!!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 19:05
Registered Member

Stats: 231/222.5/131 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 9%

30 pounds in 2 weeks ??????? That is amazing! I had no idea that was possable.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 20:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

the more you weigh the more weight you lose at first

Article tools