Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 07:29

Plan: -----
Stats: 288/-/- Female 5'4.5
BF:
Progress: 7%

hello and welcome
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 22:40

Plan: south beach
Stats: 185/195/143 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: -24%

Hi Anleigh
Thank you for your inspiring story. With your story as an inspiration, I plan on losing about 40 pounds. What was the Meredia like? I also am in my 50s and menopausal, and just got off an antidepressent and steroids. I really need a jump start to help with this.
Sweetie2
  #183   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 10:03

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

Meridia was not bad at all. I only took it a little while till I was in deep ketosis. After that, goodbye.
  #184   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 05:57
Twinkle Toes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi ladies and the lurking gentlemen. I'd like to join this group too, am 53 with 2 grown and gone kids, not a grammy yet though, our daughter is getting married in October and that is one of the tons of reasons I adopted this WOE. The sore knees and shortness of breath were at the top though and I must say the breathing is alot better, knees are still achy but I figure it will take more weight loss to correct that. Am also perimenopausal and thought perhaps that would have a negative impact on trying to lose weight as I'd always heard losing weight after menopause was nigh on impossible.

So far so good, 34 lbs in a little less than 2 months, I'm very pleased, I feel better than I have in years with just that amount gone, imagine what another 50 lbs off will do.

Secret to my success so far: keeping a food and activity diary and reading in this forum every day.

Last edited by nikotyme : Tue, May-11-04 at 12:44.
  #185   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 11:14

Plan: my own
Stats: 182/176/140 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 14%

hi im 59 this year i would like to be in your group please im from cornwall england married with 3 grown children all left the nest now i dont work now gave up 2 years ago ,i have 8 dogs that keep me real busy i started atkins on monday this week 3rd day now, finding it ok so far , my start weight is 182lb and i dont weigh till monday but i,m hoping to get down to 140lbs not on monday lol that would be silly but hoping to get there eventually

thanks for the chat
may
  #186   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 03:49
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 162/118/110 Female 63 inches
BF:29%/22%/20%
Progress: 85%
Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome
I'll be 59 soon. Children are grown and gone. Good luck with your weight loss.
presistance is the key, Atkins works for me. If you stall out, just hang in there and you will wake up 3 pounds less, when you least expect it. Just keep in mind you will weigh a lot less next year, I like to think long term.
Donna in Atlanta GA USA