Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 19:23

Plan: Carbohydrate Elimination
Stats: 185/185/130 Female 5’1”
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hello All :)

My name is Charline, I'm 39 and reside in East Tennessee. I have been having some medical issues and my doctor says its due to my weight, and referred me to a weight management doctor.
My first appointment to the weight management doctor was Thursday. She done test on me and went over information to what weight does to your body. Then the dreaded.....she told me what I couldn't eat any longer! NO STARTCHES, NO SUGAR! I really thought she was going to have to revive me when she said no more potatoes!! I have always loved potatoes; raw from the garden, boiled, mashed, etc... They say you are what you eat, so that's why I look like a potato lol

I started my diet Friday 13th, and have stuck to it. I have felt a little nauseous, and this morning I woke up with a headache that has not gone away.

I have found beginner exercises on YouTube that I have been doing.

I hope to hear all yall's stories and wish everyone the best of luck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 21:22

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%

Hello! Welcome! I am glad you have found us here. There is a wealth of information here. Searching all the threads and/or reading journals will really help!

Exactly what is your plan?

Sometimes when you first start locarb nausea does set in but it will go away!

I wish you the best!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 03:14

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Woo Hoo. welcome Charline, you have come to a good place....you will find tons of info and support here, take your time and find your way around, read, read and read some more...as Heatherlynn asked what plan are you following, it just says carb elimination? What does that mean to you? Has your Dr. given you something in writing that you can follow?

Stopping by different members journals is a good way to meet folks and ask questions, lots and lots of questions, we are her for ya, best of luck to you on this journey, we will be following you..have a positive day, ttyl
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 04:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Charline
Many weight loss clinics use Dr Westman's No Sugar, No Starch diet from Duke Lifestyle clinic. He was president of the OMA and is a prominent LC researcher for 20 years.
Are you following one like this: https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf
Focus on all the great foods you can have...bacon and eggs, juicy hamburgers, pulled pork, and cauliflower makes a fantastic potato substitute! Really

Note that 2 cups of boullion are required each day to replenish the salt you lose from losing water weight to start. I would have one mid-morning and mid-afternoon...cures that lightheaded or headache feeling and warm liquid is filling. More about side effects and what to do about them at last link.
Be sure to drink enough water too, this diet is diuretic.

You can also watch many videos with Dr Westman on DietDoctor, https://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf-dia...dr-eric-westman

It is another website that gives good basic information on Carb restriction.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb. Much of the site is free or you can join for a month trial.

Let us know what would help you most...there are buddy groups, challenges, and other support here. Keep track of your health conditions and make note of improvements on LC.

All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Oct-15-17 at 05:11.