Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 22:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Question Subject lines in this forum?

Hi PP People! This looks like a great forum; I've found lots of info here through the search function since I switched from Atkins to PP. But I'm a little confused about the subject lines in the messages here -- they don't seem to give any info about what's in the post, only a day or date, which doesn't help much when browsing. Are subject-specific posts not done here for some reason?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 06:02
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

For the most part we just start a daily thread, and whatever topics come up to be discussed.. do... so, you can use the search this thread feature, which works pretty good when searching for a specific topic within a thread or category.

Welcome to PP!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 06:22
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Good morning everyone.

I worked yesterday so didn't get to check in. By the time I got home I had such a pounding headache that it pretty well took all night to get rid of. I would have loved to throw in a walk but b/t the head and the rain storm I just went to sleep by 8:30. Feeling better today finally.

I am starting clean living again today!!! I promise. I wrote down six goals for this week. I have even written down what I ate yesterday.

My goals for this week are:
1 Write down foods I eat everyday ( been slipping with this)
2 Run for 30 minutes each day - 2-3 miles depending on routine; do this Monday through Friday
3 Activities with kids Saturday and Sunday which involve exercise.
4 Maintain carbs at 40 carbs/day
5 Drink 10 glasses of H2O a day
6 Do quiet mediative time each day

I started this yesterday. So today I got back on my treadmill and ran. It felt good.

I will keep you posted how I am doing. I am kicking myself in the backside to get myself going again. I was getting lax with things and the scale showed 2# more. I also noticed the bloating and tiredness. Here is to clean living, Cheers (with a glass of water)!!!!!!

I will check in later.

Therese
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 07:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

I agree. I like to come by and see what I can learn from this forum and the technique of a daily thread ruins it. I know it makes for a nice social club thing and thats great but it discourages anyone else from browsing through looking for relevant info without hearing all about everyone personal life and non LCing chat. It caused me to unsubcribe from the thread since I don't have time to read all of that. I wouldn't want anyone to give up the social aspect of these great forums or to miss daily contact with online friends but aren't there other forums for that?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Archie, I know this subject came up in the last few weeks. I know that our thread discusses lots of this without posting a title each day. Howwever, many other things are occurring in our lives which are impacting on our LC WOE. We all share our successes and defeats, as well as posting questions. We provide encouragement and support. I think this is the purpose of this site and this was how people choose to use this PP thread. You are certainly welcome to visit or post question on the current thread or start a new thread. Hope you will drop in now and then.

therese
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 08:54

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Yes, feel free to post a question as a new thread at any time. I think there is room for both a daily thread and a Q&A section in this forum. That way you can participate in either.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 09:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hello Everyone!

I had a great walk this morning. I really pumped my arms while I walked, it sure gets my heart rate up. Maybe I'll start speed walking soon, I know that burns a lot more calories.

My mom told me she couldn't even tell that I'd lost any weight. I think she doesn't want to say that she can tell I've lost weight because I'm smaller than her. Oh well, I know that she's really happy for me, and it doesn't really matter, because I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!

Well, the kids are at bible school for the morning, so I have me time! I need to go find something to do!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 17:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is just my opinion as a member, not a mod... but I confess, I agree with Nicholas and Archie. I rarely stop by the PP forum anymore because I can't keep up with the daily threads. I've even thought of joining the eatprotein.com forum.

Just out of curiosity, have you guys though of keeping it to one thread, instead of starting a new one every day? That way, (a) you could subscribe to it and go directly to it, and (b) all you'd have to do is hit the icon and it would take you to the first post in the thread since you last visited. (Again, my moderator hat is off right now...)
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 22:48
Flutterby

BF:
Default ok.. lets do it!

I can understand both sides of the issue here, so perhaps, as suggested above we should just be having one thread, of our daily discussions, and keeping it to that, and no doubt that will always be one of the top threads that we discuss and share and goof around in.. then topical discussions with a subject heading for easier surfing?

Maybe name the discussion thread something like... Java Room, or something like that? Whatdya's think?

Fear of change can make us stale and inflexible, change can be good and keep a well oiled machine going forward!

So, if you all like that idea, I will start a thread called the Java Room-Our daily hangout....where we can all just talk on there daily, rather than waiting around for someone to start a new convo, we just jump in every day at the same spot?

See you there I hope.. and looking forward to continuing our 'social club' AND keeping it user/visitor friendly over here.

One other thing.. if in our java room, we start discussing something that should get set aside for others to read about, we can always copy and paste the info we share to a new thread I suppose, right?

Love and Laughter,
Dawn

:::::::::searching for a good graphic to have in the opening post ::::
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 22:58
Flutterby

BF:

Here is the link to our new Daily Hangout Spot.. The Java Room-Protein Power Daily Hangout
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 08:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Thanks to SimplyDawn!
Just a note to recognize your positive move in a direction of change and conciliation. It is a special quality and attitude and it is a reflection of what makes these forum one of the most positive and loved forums on the entire web!
I hereby nominate you for

"Low Carber of the Month Award!"
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:37
Flutterby

BF:

awwwwwwww...shucks.. thanks..lol.. ::: blushes and scuffles her feet ::::::
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 10:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hope everyone likes it! I (we) certainly didn't mean to step on toes; everyone's welcome to use the forum however they'd like, as long as it doesn't violate the rules. I just wanted to point out that the forum software has some REALLY cool features that can make it easier for everyone - daily threadders and visitors who feel like they're crashing a private conversation...

If no other mods/admins object, I'll sticky the Java Room so it's always on top.

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Jun-29-04 at 10:43.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 18:19

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Kristine, thanks for the great idea! We now have the best of both worlds with a support thread to info! We are always open to suggestions,Our group is here to support AND to inform (well as much as we can!)
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 20:30

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Wow, didn't realize I was opening a can o'worms -- but thanks everyone who put the new system together. Very cool! : )