Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 04:03

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 190/190/120
BF:
Progress:
Talking Hi from Sunshine Coast

Hi From Sunshine Coast - back on Dr A's plan again, just my third day, great to find a site where other aussies are on,,,,,,,,,it's so hard to find the products and with a group working together makes it easier,,,,,

My goal to lose about 14 kgs before end Jan 02-- what do u think my chances are?

Regards

Selina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 12:32

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Talking Hi from Brissy

Hi Selina,
14 kgs by end of Jan 02...HMMM...that's about 2 kgs a week....sounds abit ambitious to me....but this Atkins Diet can be surprising at times.

I don't really think it is possible to lose quite that much but if you stay on Induction you will probably give it a good whack.

I have just recently found that drinking vast amounts of water really helps the weight loss when doing Atkins. At least 2 litres a day...up to 4 litres if you can . It is not so bad in this heat because the water is refreshing.
You are going to have to exercise too if you want such dramatic results, just be careful you don't overdo things in the heat.

All the best with the weight loss...Aim high but don't be hard on yourself if you only lose 1 or 1.5 kgs a week.That would still be 6 to 9 kgs in 7 weeks. Not too shabby really.
See ya ,
kezza
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 05:42

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 190/190/120
BF:
Progress:
Default drink loads of water!

Thanks Keeza for the advice,,your right maybe 14 kgs by end of Jan is too much, I might be happy with maybe 10?

I will up my water intake, this is never a problem for me anyway, I drink about 2 litres a day anyway,,so drikning another litre a day should be no problem

The exercise has also been increased, one hour walking a day, with a long legged MOTH (Man of the house) so makes me walk faster, cause his legs are longer than mine! so it is a fast walk, and leaves me sweating at the end,,

I'm also getting back into fitness training end of January, somethin I haven't done since like 1984!!!!!!! Yikes, I hate to think what that will be like! and I have a tough trainer too, who won't let me get away with anything! that's for just one hour a week, but a wicked hour it is too!

anyway, I have done well this week, 2 kg loss, and feeling ok,,,,taking 3 vitamin b tablets a day as well as some kelp,

regards

Selina
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 18:22

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile Way to go, selina

Wow, with all that water and exercise you should certainly do well with the weight loss!
The hardest part may well be avoiding all the carbs over the Christmas Party/ New Year Season!
I'm planning my Christmas day feast to include LOTS of protein, especially seafood, so I am sooooooooo full I won't want to eat all the carb stuff.
I have a great recipe for LC Ice-cream but you need an ice-cream maker. but that really helps on hot days when the rest of my family is hoeing into cool, high carb treats.

I have been to heaps of Christmas parties through work and the ONLY way I survived was to take diet coke and my own platter of low carb treats.
keep going ,selina.
You can do it,
See ya ,
kezza
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 16:50

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

hi selina

yep, you are doing great already!

i think that you should be able to lose heaps by jan.

there are a few things that may affect the rate that you are losing the weight.

first of all if you are excersizing alot then then the muscles that replace that fat will weigh more and this may not translate as weight loss.

secondly if you have been low fatting for a long time then your body will need to repair itself. It will build muscles in place of fatcells which also may not reflect weight loss on the scale.

BUT.... even if the scale is not going down all that fast, your size will.

i have decided not to weigh myself at all because i was so disappointed after my first and second weigh in that i nearly gave up. But i have gone down a whole dress size and the inches are coming off at an incredible rate.

that is what counts with me, how small i look and how i feel, how much i am pressing against the earth is not really relevent.
If i give myself a weight figure to reach then i think that i am setting myself up to fail. I have to take it day by day, give my body what it needs to fix itself and then let it do the rest. I am hoping to be around 120 pounds (60kg) by august next year. I will weigh myself once a month and that is it! ( i have learnt my lesson) But that is just me, everyone is different and what works for me will not necessarily work for the next guy.

You do what is best for you, just dont let a little thing like numbers on a scale discourage you. Let how you feel be the judge.

just my 2c worth

o have you checked out www.fitday.com ?? it is great, it calculates how many cals you are burning off each day, how long it will take to reach your goal etc

sorry if i sounded preachy, it is sunday morning haha

sammie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 68.4/71.0/61
BF:
Progress: -35%

Hi Selina,

How is the loss going? I too am working towards a weight loss goal by the end of January (when I have to go to a party that my ex-boyfriend will be at). Of course my plan is to go, look fabulous and then leave. I would like to lose 8 kgs by the end of Jan. I have already loss 2 so that has been motivating.

I have to say I love the Atkins diet so far. I am eating so much more and so much healthier than I have done in years. Apart from being feed up with eggs for breakfast I am eating such a variety of food. I use to just eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner! Now I am eating steak with mushrooms and onions, chicken caesar salad (minus the crutons of course) and so on. I don't really like cooking that much and goodness knows I am not that great at it but it is all part of the challenge!

I am planning to go to the beach a lot the week of Christmas so being in a swimsuit is another great motivator!

I can't wait to see how I am going to look at the end of January

Have a good day

Melsa