Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 09:04

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been making these for awhile now and they always seem to come out different! Yesterday I used 1/2 cup DV SF Cookie Dough and omitted the butter. Never again - not sweet enough and WAY too dry. Melting a good amount of butter on them makes them barely edible! Oh and it was a different protein powder I used, too - Wegmans French Vanilla. I had always used Designer Whey Vanilla in the past. Might have something to do with the dryness too, I don't know. Live and learn, I guess! Stick with what works!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 21:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Is there anything I can use instead of the whey protein-I can't find any in my area-or even within 50 miles.
  #123   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-08, 18:04

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

here's a version I found a while ago somewhere--this thread is so long I hope it's not a repeat:

Flaxmeal Cinnamon Muffins

3 eggs
6 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as DaVinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 10 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350º 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 10 muffins (2 net carb each); can also be made into 6 large muffins (3.5 NC each). Can be frozen.
These are delicious with cream cheese!!

Last edited by livesimply : Mon, Apr-07-08 at 17:09.
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-08, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 227/174/166 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 87%

I made the original muffin in the thread earlier using some cookies and cream whey protein powder and replaced the vanilla with davinci's sf vanilla and stevia *to taste* for the sweetener. These are so good! Best use I've found for flax so far. I'll be making more. The krogers here had their Bob's flax on sale for to 1.99.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 01:57
I’m Delicious

Plan: It's a secret..shhh
Stats: 256/186/160 Female 5'7
BF:Beef Flavored?
Progress: 73%

Shirley, just a thought, flax meal can go rancid very easily and should always be refrigerated. Perhaps your flax meal has gone bad. Also the "golden" flax has a less bitter taste and is more befeficial.
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 21:25

Plan: low-carbs
Stats: 225/209/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesimply
here's a version I found a while ago somewhere--this thread is so long I hope it's not a repeat:

Flaxmeal Cinnamon Muffins

3 eggs
6 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as DaVinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 10 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350º 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 10 muffins (2 net carb each); can also be made into 6 large muffins (3.5 NC each). Can be frozen.
These are delicious with cream cheese!!

Wow just made them. They are Delicious I used 1/4 cup of splenda instead, but they were still really good!
  #127   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-08, 23:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/148/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

THESE WERE DELISH! I used co for the veggi oil and made tray of mini muffins. I used 1/4 cup blueberries and divinchi van syrup, too good. Thank you.
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 16:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/145/100 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress:

can u do this recipe without the atkins vanilla shake as not so easy to come by in the uk?
  #129   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 07:20

Stats: 290/267/220 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wow I just made these for breakfast and they were unbelievable. I used Chocalate peanut caramel Designer Whey protein and it was great. Thanks a lot.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 05:50

Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

So good!!!! I'm so glad I finally made theses. What a fantastic option when I'm really craving something bread like!
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Jun-17-09, 07:53

Stats: 274.2/270.4/150 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Due to Financial Alterations

I followed the recipe but with two exceptions the first, due to monetary restraints, I replaced the syrup, since I did not have any, with coconut milk and added a three packets of equal (it's in the house and since I can't afford to throw it away I'm using it), and I baked them in those hi-tech-plastic-or-silicon-whatever-it's-made-of pans. The texture of the muffin was fantastic! Springy like a whole wheat muffin. It did not create that wondeful smell baked goods usually provoke but that may have to do with how I sweetened the muffins. They are not sweet. Perhaps if I had used more sugar substitute or perhaps added cheese. I took a bite with butter and it was good and then a bite with sugar free jelly (way too many carbs) and it was delicious. I won't try these for a while since I'll do induction again after next week.

Thanks for the recipe!
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 22:04

Plan: -----------------
Stats: 151.5/148.0/132 Female 161cm
BF:Do I dare find out
Progress: 18%
Default What should they turn out like ?

Hubby really like these muffins, he asked if I had made them or did I buy them.

I used DaVinci syrup to keep the carb count down. Added little bit more cream and butter than the recipe said because the dough was too dry .. one quick question though..... are the muffins supposed to turn out all light and soft like regualr muffins ? Mine turned out rather dense and heavy... sort of like tough cookie dough.
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Nov-13-09, 11:09

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 193.4/177.0/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Made the original posters recipe last night and they are fab. I doubled the recipe and added shredded coconut and slivered almonds.

They were a tad on the sweet side so i may not add as much splenda next time. Also I think next time ill try the recipe without the atkins shake posted above.

Heres a pic I took (dont mind the quality or the bite
  #134   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:22

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

mmmmm... I am going to try this recipe and maybe add some blueberries.
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 23:00

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgirl
I followed the recipe but with two exceptions the first, due to monetary restraints, I replaced the syrup, since I did not have any, with coconut milk and added a three packets of equal (it's in the house and since I can't afford to throw it away I'm using it), and I baked them in those hi-tech-plastic-or-silicon-whatever-it's-made-of pans. The texture of the muffin was fantastic! Springy like a whole wheat muffin. It did not create that wondeful smell baked goods usually provoke but that may have to do with how I sweetened the muffins. They are not sweet. Perhaps if I had used more sugar substitute or perhaps added cheese. I took a bite with butter and it was good and then a bite with sugar free jelly (way too many carbs) and it was delicious. I won't try these for a while since I'll do induction again after next week.

Thanks for the recipe!

Equal loses its sweetness in baking. (Also, aspartame-sweetened sodas will lose their sweetness over time. They really should have "best-by" dates, except I expect most people drink them in a reasonable period of time.)

Use other artificial sweeteners for cooking, like Splenda, DaVinci syrup, xylitol, DiabetiSweet (isomalt+asulfame-k)