Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-15, 09:53
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Someone in his life made him feel inadequate unless he was perfect. His success fueled that ridiculous mindset. Parents are people who come with all sorts of baggage. Too bad there isn't a test to pass before one reproduces.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-15, 10:50

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

LOL! Isn't that the truth?!?!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-15, 05:35
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

Down a tad this morning. Tad = .2 pounds. Hey, it's a down.
I'm throwing a good amount of ketones now and my blood glucose is way down so I'm in my comfort zone. It's going to be a challenge of sorts with traveling for a week. I hope to stay in ketosis even though I'm at the mercy of food away from home. Not sure what the fare will be at the B&B but I'm not foreseeing keto-friendly eating. I may just have to wing it on my own and enjoy the animals and not the food. Of course there are the bourbon distilleries to navigate.

This week is a madhouse. Thursday and Friday are floor installation, tonight is hair date night which is usually a Thursday but Jim is teaching Thursday so it's tonight or never. I also have an optometrist appointment. I know I need new glasses. Seeing has become a little challenging of late. It's been a few years since I had any changes so I guess it's time. I'm thinking about getting progressive lenses even though I've been told I won't like them after having tri-focals. I need the mid-range for all the computer work I do. I figure I could give them a go and always go back to the tri. I did wear contacts for a time but it's a nuisance. I never needed glasses until my mid 40's and then only for reading. Now it's for everything. Hmmmmmph.

I landed another commission. Someone contacted me and asked if I'd paint their house when decorated for Christmas. It's for her husband for Christmas who loves the photo of their house taken by a neighbor. This will be a first. I thought the portrait I'm doing now would be it and I would go off to my painting workshop and dig into my own stuff. Now I have four commissions to complete (2 portraits, 1 pet portrait, 1 house). I can't complain, really. It's just that painting for myself seems to be something that will have to wait until I'm retired. Then I'll complain about not having commissions.

Hope you have a good 'un.

Later 'gators.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-15, 07:32

Hrmph! The second go-around with the fat fast doesn't seem as successful as the first time. No weight loss yet...not a single flippin' pound! I may as well eat my normal meals if that's the case! And it's more difficult this time than it was the last time. I am feeling hungry and have cravings. The first time I did it, it was a breeze! Oh well, one more day! I can do this!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-15, 07:35
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Blue. How ya doin'?

I'm doing great! Down a pound from yesterday and that's even with eating out last night and retaining fluid. No matter how careful one is, restaurant food is "different."

So how are you going to handle your upcoming trip and lunches at your workshop?

I thought I'd pack some cream cheese and macadamias along with some portable easy peasy crudités.

Tomorrow is the great invasion of the flooring guys. The air-conditioner on the porch seems to be working well enough to make the porch a kitty retreat while it's all going on. I guess we'll know better how this is going to go once we confer with them. I have no earthly idea which end of the house they'll begin and that makes it a little challenging. We'll see. Packing for the trip is a chore too because the dresser drawers will be stacked in the garage. I was informed I had better grab my underwear while I can. Hmmmph.

Later 'gator. (notice it isn't plural)

Last edited by BlueEyes2 : Wed, Jul-08-15 at 07:40.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-15, 07:40
It's Only Food!

BF:

Ooops! I was typing as Kathy was posting. I look like a bigger nutjob than I usually do!

When I get cravings it means I'm not eating right. I don't have any answers except to say you know what you've eaten, the quantities, and what you had eaten before the fast. Consider that and what it may mean to your cravings.

C'mon girlie, I'm rooting for you!!!

By the way you just talked me out of my planned lunch snack during the workshop. Hmmmmm. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited by BlueEyes2 : Wed, Jul-08-15 at 07:50.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-15, 15:09

Well dern! I wasn't trying to talk anyone out of anything! It worked for me that one time...it might still work for me this time. I'm just being impatient.

Because I was feeling hungry (not satisfied) with the cream cheese and macadamias, I scrambled 2 eggs w/cheddar cheese in bacon drippings this morning. But, I felt that was still staying within "fat fast" foods convincing myself that I'm still on the straight and narrow in a sense. Did what I just typed even make any sense? LOL...don't know if that was clear to any of y'all but it was clear to me. hahaha

So, I may be hopping into the same boat as some of y'all. The "getting some work done to the house" boat. I've got a guy coming next Monday or Tuesday to look at our windows to see if we can get away with just repairing and painting or if we need to go "full new window installation." I hoping for the former, prepared for the latter.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-15, 05:24
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

Today's the day. Waiting for the flooring guys and not sure what to expect. Sipping coffee and trying to wake up while not thinking about the disruption or the stuff still left to move to the garage.

Kathy, I think you have chosen wisely and am expecting good things for you! You didn't dissuade me from doing it so much as you reconfirmed for me nuts aren't my friends (I've proven that over the last four months) and cream cheese isn't the easiest thing to use on the go.

Ah, the expense of home improvement. The results are worth it (I hope). New windows or even spruced up ones will make a difference. I've noticed, however, that one project prompts another. Just giving you a heads up.

Down a "tad" this morning. If you don't know what a tad is then you haven't been doing your homework. Ketones are raging, though! I'm hopeful.

I have to go get some things done.

Later 'gators.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-15, 06:02

Fat fast complete. Results? Well, let's see...I had gained a pound from the 4 I lost that stuck during the last fast. Today I am down 1.8. Total fat fast loss? .8 pounds. At least I got rid of that extra sucker that hopped on board plus an additional .8 LOL! Now, the trick is to keep it off.

Dang, I tell you what! Each pound I lose does not come easy. It's work, I tell ya, work!!!

I am sure a domino effect will happen if we fix up our windows, but in my case I need the boost to get started. We plan on putting our house on the market in about a year. The main things that we know we need to do are, repair/replace the windows, new flooring (carpet and vinyl) and paint both inside and out. No more, that's all we plan on doing...period! I would even leave the flooring alone but some parts of the carpet look really bad and the vinyl has a huge gouge in it from where someone dragged something very large across the floor and I've just covered it up with a nice rug all of these years. lol

We are only doing the "have to" things so it will look nice for showing and leave the rest up to the new owners. My sister says the 70s want their kitchen back...well the new owners can update if they choose because I won't invest money that I would probably never recoup in the house sale.
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-15, 21:41

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Blue and Kathy (anybody else lurking out there?)

I have honestly not been lurking, just plain not here. I have several quilting deadlines coming up. The quilt guild is having a show in August. This is the guild for REAL quilters, which I am not. But they have been welcoming to me. I have 3 pieces in various sorts of completion for that show. In a week I have to commit to an art quilt show in September which means I have to tell them the names and size of the items. I am not ready to do that yet, but I will be by next week. This week I finished 6 greeting cards for the guild's "small treasures" silent auction. I am doing this with most of my sewing stuff in the living room because it had to be moved due to knocking the holes in the wall.

I decided to put a pergo floor in the room that you go through to get to the new room. The floor register had to be moved and it would look really bad in a very noticeable place. So it will have the same floor as the new room. So I have to move everything out of that room. Blue, I know this is nothing like what you are going through. I think the contractor is a little worried that i can't get it all moved out as he was coaching me as to what I needed to do. Mostly I have fabric in plastic containers so that should not be hard to move. Don't know where we will put the desk and table it is getting tight in my small living room. Oh well. The wall boards are up and the dry wall guy will be here tomorrow. I have picked out floors and am mulling paint colors. This is fun!

I am still dealing with daily ups and downs all over 160 which is disappointing. We went to eat for our anniversary on Sunday I stayed right on plan. John tried to persuade me to have dessert. I looked up the calories and carbs on my phone while we were sitting there and vetoed the idea. When we got home I made some whipped cream and added cream cheese, for his i added sugar and a little chocolate sauce. Mine was all sugar free. He enjoyed it and was happy.

John has gone to Cub scout camp for three days and 2 nights with Miles. I have enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Blue have a great trip to horse country and do enjoy the workshop. Have fun.
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-15, 09:33
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Morning all!!! Miss me??? Sorry!! No excuses. Just life and it's easy to slip out of the habit of checking in. Ball is just about over for a while. Lanson made the all star team for 11 year olds and they play in the district tournament this weekend and will compete at the state level next weekend. (The state tournament for 11 year olds is in Cape Girardeau this year which plays in our district and all 4 teams at the district level here have been invited to play to fill out the bracket). Yay! I won't get to see all of the state games as Bryce has an overnight church camp next Friday and a parent has to stay with them. It's fun. I did it with Lanson at this age. I don't want to cancel on him (even though I REALLY want to watch all of the state games with Lanson playing!!) because I don't want him to think that he isn't just as important as Lanson because HE IS and I also don't want to send the message that church isn't as important as ball games because it is MORE IMPORTANT THAN BASEBALL. There will be a short break period after the state tournament before our 7 year old starts practicing with his team for the fall baseball league. Lanson will sit that out this year as he is practicing for basketball year round now. At least my kids are healthy and athletic!!!

Pat - Congrats on the new commission and the weight loss!!!

Susan - All the renovations sound so amazing! I bet your house will be a show stopper once it's complete!

Kathy - Thank you so much for sharing all of your 'experiments' with us!! I learn so much from you! Also, bah humbug to your Dad!! I am so glad that you didn't allow his mentality to warp you! You are such a grounded person! We love you!!!!

Good luck with the food! I'm taking some nitrate filled meat snacks and cheese sticks to the ball games this weekend to munch on. Not a great choice but better than diving into the concession stand filled with hot dogs, nachos and pretzels! Hopefully I'll have time in the morning or late tonight after the games to slice up some peppers, cucumbers etc... to throw in the cooler as well but if I do I bet they somehow get forgotten in the fridge or my 7 year old will run off with them. That kid loves veggies!!! Athletic AND loves veggies!! I got it right with him!!!!

Later Labbies!!!

Linda
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-15, 08:43
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Good morning Lab Rats!!

It is a beautiful sunny day here in southeast Missouri. It is going to be a hot and humid one but hopefully it will be a good day for baseball! Game #1 is at 1:00 and I suspect that game #2 will be at 7:00 (assuming we win game #1 of course!).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday today!! Stay safe and low carb!!!

Linda
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-15, 10:20
It's Only Food!

BF:

Afternoon, Kids!

The floors are beeeeeyoooooootiful! We're still getting the furniture back in place but unpacking et al will have to wait until we get back from Kentucky. So much to do!!!! I still have to pack for myself and all the art gear. Sheesh. Wish me luck. If we feel like it, we may leave later today or else first thing tomorrow morning. It's already after noon here so I don't think we'll leave today. That'll make it a 9 hour drive tomorrow. Suh-well.

I'm down 2 tads.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Susan, the addition is looking good!!! Is the step long enough for the doggies to get out their door? I love the windows and the space is fantastic. Yes, moving every blessed thing is hard. Shifting things to another room will be easier but it's still a hassle. Good luck with that. It will be worth it but nothing we want to do for recreational purposes.

Linda, love the updates. You are absolutely right that Bryce's campout is important. I'm so glad he has you to go! As for packing food, we do the best we can. Sounds like you have some good choices. I have no idea what I'll have to eat this week. It will be a.....surprise!

Kathy, keep at it. I, too, find the information very helpful. Hey....I've lost tads from it, y'know.

Okay.....gotta scoot.

Later 'gators.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Jul-17-15, 06:00
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Slackers.

Hmmmph. I go away for a few days and........come back to this. <stink eyes all around>

Had a fantastic trip. Painted like I was blindfolded. Learned some things. Enjoyed the horse farm and area beyond words. Gained 8 pounds. There you go. Yo-yo has returned. But I wouldn't trade sitting on the porch looking out over Kentucky thoroughbreds in Bourbon County while sipping some of the best bourbon I've ever tasted, meeting new friends, spending time with my sister and brother-in-law, and capturing memories I shall never forget. Yeah, it was a great trip.

And now I'm on the straight and narrow. Yes, I know yo-yo isn't good. Yes, I know and deserve the message behind wagging fingers. Yes, I know I'm not the perfect keto spokesperson. No, I will never give up.

I have a choice to shrug and eat whatever is easy or take the time to get my act together. I'm choosing the latter because I feel better when I do and I feel better about myself. Sooooooooooo, here we go again!

The kitties are happy we're home. I am too.

Later slackers.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Jul-17-15, 10:06

I was expecting that "slacker" comment when you got home. LOL!!

BUT! I was following your trip on facebook and it looked like a marvelous time!!

I suppose the quiet from me is because I am yet again frustrated! The last fat fast I did produced NO results! None, nada, zip, not one little iota! As a matter of fact, I am back at 200 again!!! Saturday I went to eating just meat, fats and a little cheese. As close to no carbs as I'd like to get and NOTHING!!!

I'm doomed, I tell ya, doomed! lol Okay, so I'm not really that down in the dumps over it, but it does become old. Major *eye roll*!

Blue, I'm not wagging a finger at you. Wouldn't do that. You know what works for you and you'll get right back on it. I know.

I know your kitties are happy to have you back home.