Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 02:12
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%
Default Need input from Eastern Staters on where to sell low carb bread

I recently sent an email to Bodhi’s Bread……a Perth company that makes low carb bread, lc dinner rolls and lc flatbrot (pita bread). I wanted to give some feedback on the flatbrot which is my current favourite (low carb) product. I asked whether their products were available in the East as a few people had mentioned not being able to get them. They gave the following reply which I have cut and pasted from two different emails: -

We would like to send the three products to the Eastern States. Would you be able to ask the forum members for a few possible shops that they think would be good on the East coast. Health foods shops that sell food would be good. New lines coming up include cookies and muffins.
ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED Reg John Noonan

In Perth their products are sold in health food shops and specialty/gourmet type fresh food stores.
For more information on the company go to www.bodhi.com.au
You won’t find any info on the flatbrot or dinner rolls as they haven’t updated their site yet.

BTW I used half a flatbrot as a pizza base today for lunch. It was lovely!!

Last edited by zedgirl : Tue, Jan-20-04 at 02:14.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 02:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/201/112 Female 160cm
BF:46% (oh my god!)
Progress: 33%

pizza base *droooooool*

what i wouldn't do right now for a pizza....

i will search out some health food shops here in Melbourne and let John know.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 02:04
Say cheese!

BF:

Wow, I’m really surprised at the lack of interest here. I thought I’d get loads of interest from forum members wanting access to low carb bread products……oh well...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:20

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 172/149/144 Female 5ft. 3 1/2 inches
BF:45%/33%/27%
Progress: 82%

Hi Zedgirl,
In Sydney there is a chain of health food shops called GNC ( General Nutrition Centres) which would prob. be interested in marketing these products.There are also a couple of health food shops local to me that I could approach.....but I thought for them a larger chain would prob. be better yes?

Thanks
Cheers
Ozzie_girl
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 18:36
Say cheese!

BF:

Hi Ozzie_girl

I don’t think Bodhi’s expect you to actually approach these shops personally, I think they just want input on good health food stores that forum members are familiar with and they will approach them with their products. Also they don’t necessarily supply large chains. In Perth their products are sold through lots of places like a variety of health food stores, small organic grocery stores and specialty produce type places.

Now………when I think about it, I guess if they are trying to break into a new market a ‘chain’ of stores may be a better proposition. I’m just not sure that GNC is their thing. I’ve been to these stores and personally don’t like them….too clinical and overpriced. I’ve already let Bodhi’s know about them so it’s up to them to decide.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 19:45

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 172/149/144 Female 5ft. 3 1/2 inches
BF:45%/33%/27%
Progress: 82%

Hi Zedgirl,
I know what you mean about GNC...they are overpriced and I must admit I don't go there often. I was just thinking in terms of making it worthwhile for them really as transport would be cheaper for larger amounts. I wonder if there's a general health food shop distributor that services the smaller shops. That would prob. be a better way for them to go rather than dealing with individual health shops. Mind you,I tend to think even the smaller ones are over priced!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 04:37

Plan: Atkins now PP/LifeWOBread
Stats: 268/268/150 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Zedgirl

Mrs Flannery's Organic Health food shops are good here in Brisbane. That's the main one I have found so far. Have to keep shopping around a bit more - still new to the LC scene.

Cheers
Msfifi
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 15:53

Plan: Life without Bread/Atkins
Stats: 163/160/132 Female 155 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Stores on the Gold Coast

Yes, I also think this is a fab opportunity and am also surprised you haven't been inundated! Maybe it will pick up as more people check in with the forums? Here on the gorgeous Gold Coast, I use Go Vita Health Foods (Arundel Plaza, 232 Napper Road Arundel Qld 4214, (07) 5571 7517) - my kids think Carol is the 'treat lady' - they love the healthy stuff and don't even know it bless 'em. Anyway, they have started selling a bit of bread (turkish at this stage mmmmmmm) but I am sure they would be open to suggestions. I am new to this WOL and forum and am loving it!!!! Thank you all. And if there are any Gold Coasters wanting to hook up - let me know!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 01:54

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:

Hello Lush! I reguarly shop at Arundel Plaza, and I was wondering what type of low car products do you purchase from the health food store there? I am after making my own low carb bread AND/OR purchasing low carb bread.

Elle.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 15:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/175/170 Male 6'3''
BF:
Progress:

Howdy, wow this sounds great!
I would suggest GNC (as if they haven't thought of that) but there's a huge one in Glebe that does sell bread now (just not low carb) and they also sell heaps of Atkins stuff.
GNC Live Well 53 Glebe Point Road Glebe 2037 9660 8144
In fact, I would check out ALL the contacts on this page below and approach them with this:

http://www.purist.com/retailers_nsw2.htm
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 16:41

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

i'd doubt GNC would go for it, as they have the rights to sell Atkins stuff here in Oz exclusively as far as i know, and they probably wouldn't want any competition. but it's still worth Bohdi's trying there.
Prohealth at Northland Shopping Centre in Preston have always been really helpful and not biased against low carb (to me anyway) their number is: 03 9478 0022
i'll see if i can come up with some others for you.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 98/90.5/65 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 23%

Organic Oasis at Forest Glen is where I shop for my empower products.
There is a butcher there that sells free range beef chicken eggs and the Oasis has organic produce and health food lines. It is the center for the Sunshine Coast.(QLD) They may be interested in the bread.
I would be nice if the company let us know what shops were going to stock it.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 19:35
Say cheese!

BF:

I have passed on all the feedback that I’ve received to date and have asked Bodhi’s to let me know if and when they start supplying other parts of Australia. I will definitely post as soon as I get any info from them.

In the meantime perhaps those that are interested in buying their products could also email Bodhi’s and let them know how keen you are to have access to their low carb products…….I figure the more feedback they get the better.

www.bodhi.com.au

Their flatbread is still my favourite low carb product. So far I’ve used it as a pita pocket, pizza base and just lately I’ve been chopping them up into little squares and baking them in the oven to make crisp breads. They’re great for using with pate and dip.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 14:11

Plan: Life without Bread/Atkins
Stats: 163/160/132 Female 155 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Elle,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner - its all go here in sunny Parkwood (well actually its pouring today!) . Would love to get in touch - not sure how to off forum. Are you on MSN Messenger? Talk soon

Alicia