Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/187/120
BF:
Progress:
Default BODY SOLUTIONS

has ne one tried body solutions ...or does ne one recomned it?....ur suppost 2 take a capful 3 hours b4 bed and it helps with fat loss and building mucle........2 good 2 be true.......or will it inhibit me from loosing ?? any opinions???
~*LORENA*~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 10:03
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Question

hi Lorena,

I've never ever heard of Body Solutions. Is it a vitamin or herbal supplement?? What's in it? It does sound too good to be true ... Eating lots of protein and doing strength-training exercise are the only genuine ways to build muscle.

Maybe you could list the ingredients from the bottle or package here, that would be helpful.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 16:37

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Default more info ...

If you list the ingredients from the label, we will be able to help you more.

I have never heard of the product ..
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 01:34
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Purified water * * *
Aloe Vera * * *
Natural Flavors * * *
Chromium 150 mcg Licorice Root * *
L-tyrosine * L-glutamine *
L-lysine, *
L-glycine * L-arginine *
L-Cystine *
pyridoxine HCL
Other Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin, Natural Kiwi Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate as Preservatives
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 18:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Sleep a weight ingredients

Calorad pioneered Collagen based weight loss; Now Sleep A-Weigh PLUS has taken it into the next generation!

Sleep A-Weigh Plus now contains:
Tonalin CLA
L-Carnitine
Calcium Pyruvate
Apple Cider Vinegar
Aloe Vera Concentrate

In addition to its highly effective collagen formula!

32 oz bottle - Full 30 day supply
Most of our cell repair occurs during sleep. Collagen helps repair tissues, skin and joints requiring body energy while helping your body to burn excess fat and increase metabolism.

Product Information
What is Sleep A- Weigh?
Sleep A-Weigh, Hydrolyzed Collagen (Type 1 and Type III) is an incredible multi function product for tendons, ligaments, skin, hair, nails, bones, teeth, energy and fat loss! Collagen is the primary connective tissue protein in your body. The word Collagen is derived from kolla the Greek word for glue. As we age, every year we lose 1% of our collagen content, collagen we need to keep us looking young as well as keeping us healthy and strong. Collagen is the most abundant protein found in our body. Additionally, more then 90% of the collagen found in our body consist of Collagen Type I and III, which is why it is necessary that we supply our body with Sleep A-Weigh. The hydrolyzed collagen in Sleep A-Weigh is certified food grade 100% pure high quality Origin United States.

How does Sleep A-Weigh work as a Weight Loss Product?
Hydrolyzed Collagen can be used as a healthy long term permanent fat loss and energy product as opposed to using a short term weight loss stimulant that may cause or promote the weight to be gained back. There is no nervousness feeling or jumpy feeling taking Sleep A-Weigh.

How does it exactly work?
By repairing tissues, such as, your skin and joints requires energy (most of our cell repair happens in the first stage of our sleep), and taking Sleep A-Weigh as a supplement initiates this repair. The energy needed to repair tissues is supplemented by hydrolyzed collagen and in turn burns fat in this process. It is important to know when you lose fat you lose inches and size not necessarily pounds on the scale. When Sleep A-Weigh is taken properly over 4 to 16 weeks people have noticed their clothes fitting more comfortable, their bodies appearing more lean and shapely and their energy level increasing substantially. With more energy put into the equation we naturally become or active which in turns increases our metabolism and burn fat!

Amino Acids-- The Building Blocks of all proteins and some hormones!

Arginine-Promotes cell development & secretion of several hormones including insulin and growth hormone

Ornithine -is manufactured by the body when arginine is metabolized during the production of urea. Studies have shown promotes muscle building in the body.

Lysine needed for growth and help maintain nitrogen balance in the body. Promotes healthy blood vessels.

Vitamin C - is needed to make collagen, the glue that strengthens many part of the body.

Vitamin B6 is the master vitamin in the processing of amino acids.

And now, Sleep A-Weigh PLUS also contains:

Tonalin CLA
L-Carnitine
Calcium Pyruvate
Apple Cider Vinegar
Aloe Vera Concentrate

Because of the added ingredients, you now take 1 oz per night.

Health Benefits of Sleep N Slim (Liquid Collagen)
Builds bone matrix
Restores skins youthful texture and resiliency
Slows down hair loss (thickens hair up to 45%)
Repairs connective tissues and blood vessels-- provides strength and flexibility
Burns Fat while sleeping

DO YOU THINK IT WORKS OR IS IT BS?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Cool

Theres a body solutions her in san antonio..i've heard good things about them but i've never tried them,.........Good luck.....keep us informed
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 20:34
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Exclamation

hi Lorena ..... I put your message about the Sleep-a-Weigh here with your Body Solutions question because I'd like to talk about both of them together.
  • IT'S A SCAM!!
Save your money, the only thing to lose weight is your wallet.

Our bodies make our own collagen from eating quality protein like meat. The minerals and amino acids in these solutions are in such teensy amounts that they barely make any difference. The Body Solutions with the chromium in it?? ... the recommended dose is 300 to 600 mg per day ... this stuff only has 150mg.

Glycerine is a carbohydrate, and NOT what you want to be taking on an empty stomach at bedtime.

Aloe vera is a laxative.

Apple cider vinegar MAY be helpful for the digestion, but it has no miraculous fat-burning effect.

I checked some websites for this stuff ... they are all big multi-level marketing schemes ... if you order or buy the product, next thing you know they're pressuring you to start selling it (translation - YOU have to buy it from them at a "discount" price, then you're on your own trying to get your family and neighbours to buy enough of it from you to cover your expenses )

Check out these hundreds of pages I found with a Google search for Calorad scam.

Basically, if you do lose any weight with this stuff, it happens two ways ... first, you're not eating anything for 3 hrs before bed. No snacking, no munchies. Next, the aloe vera (which I notice is in ALL these miracle formulas) will stimulate the bowels to move when you get up in the morning ... voilą, a whole pound has been lost! Magic, and only $55 for a 30-day supply.

That being said, aloe vera juice IS a good and safe laxative for occasional use, and you can buy a big bottle of it from a health food store for under $10.

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 21:11

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Default yep

My thoughts exactly Doreen ... One of my early mentors from my early days as a trainer did extensive research on Calorad and determined that it did not deliver results as promised.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 23:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

oh well there goes my hopes 4 loosing weight....thanx doreen.....well I guess I should just give up, and just face the fact that im never gonna beable 2 loose weight again thanx 2 my thyroid and ive been 2 every doctor no one wants 2 help..after i work out i feel freezing and dont even break a sweat...thats my luck though
~*LORENA*~