Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 04:43

Plan: none
Stats: 142/142/120 Female 164
BF:
Progress:
Default Is anybody Low Carb/Low Protein?

Or more like, I don't eat sugar or fruits. I do eat all of my carbs from green vegetables like broccoli, lettuce, and cucumbers. Then I add a fat to my diet to balance my ratio of omega 3 and omega 6, like flax oil, walnuts, olive oil...and I eat some moderately low protein, from light sources like eggs and cheese. This is not like atkins, because I eat more carbohydrates with all the vegetables, and way less protein. I feel physically good on this diet, and free, and never tired during the day, but sometimes, I feel a little less energy all of a sudden, like I'm depleted. I'm trying to lose weight too, and I can't on Atkins or anything else, despite having 1,200 calories a day and natural multi-vitamins. Can somebody possibly help me refine my diet or offer suggestions? I have a pretty low body fat, and some people might think I look right, but I have hereditary body fat to lose around my waist so it takes a lot of work and the proper eating. So, I need to make it right.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 16:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/215.5/126 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi,

How do you feel about alternative foods? Soy protein burgers are great non-meat low carb choices as are portobello patties. Yogurt is a low glycemic index food so you can also try to incorportate that into your diet. If you stay too low on protein your body will start to burn muscle - so be careful.

Good luck,
Ang
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 09:33

Plan: Atkins (Vegetarian)
Stats: 150/138/117 Female 4'10"
BF:Pregnant. Weight L
Progress: 36%

I always say I eat lower carb, not high protein. I'm a lacto/ovo vegetarian, so getting a whole lot of protein is not the easiest thing in the world to do. When I lower my carbs, I switch from eating protein foods from 2-3 times a week to 2-3 times a day. So I guess I go from inadequate protein to adequate protein, and I really feel better this way.

(Plus, I'm pregnant now, so I kind of have a food aversion to many protein foods. All the same, I try to force 2-3 servings of protein down my gullet a day, for the sake of the baby.)

Faith
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 14:05

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 160/144/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default low-carb

Hi Adrien,

Wow, our situations are similar in several ways. And It sounds like youre doing everything right by watching your carbs with a balanced diet. I too aviod sugar and dont like fruit, so I eat a lot of lean meats, cheeses and green veggies. I'm in college and dont have a lot of money to spend on "diet" foods, so I just buy normal stuff minus the flour and sugar since this way of eating makes you eat less naturally.

However, I do buy Low Carb tortillas to make deli meat wraps for lunch, they have only 70 calories and 5 net carbs. Its the only flour product I buy and I loose more weight by having them than I did without. And as a former sugar junkie, I like to bake LC desserts with splenda so I never feel cheated(or cranky from the crash after-effect). Like you, I also have the genetic spare tire, which I am chipping away with 100 crunches a day. I think it takes awhile to see results, but evenutally it should work. And if you already do that, then its only a matter of time before the weight falls off.

Good Luck!

~Brita~
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 07:30

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Adrienn,
At the moment I am experimenting with just that, low carb, low protein. I do not lose weight on low carb alone, so after reading an article about the Rosedale diet, I have switched to low carb low protein and generous fats. I do this by adding olive oil to my protein shake at breakfast, eating A LOT less meat than I used to do, and adding more vegetables to my diet. My carbs are a bit more than they were before, but it seems to be OK. As long as I don't indulge in LC goodies like Atkins icecream, the scales seem to go doen, slowly. I had added extra exercise, but my back didn't like it and since we got our new puppy last week, I don't need much more extra exercise, actually <g>.
I hope this helps you, but why don't you begin a journal (See Bootcamps) and let us all know how you go!