Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-17, 14:14

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Just trying to get through the day!

I am trying so hard to get on track again.....

This morning I woke up and said today will be the day that I am actually going to stick with it!

But I am struggling just to make it through one day.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-17, 14:32

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Can you find some on plan foods you like. Then start by eating them whenever you want. Don't worry about weight loss.... Just about eating on plan food you like. The weight loss will come, but don't deprive yourself!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-17, 14:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

When I am struggling to get started or stay on plan I more or less brain wash myself into being motivated by reading and rereading everything low carb I can get my hands on. Rereading my old diet journals even from weight watcher days is a big booster as well. Good luck you can do this. Just stop the inner argument about if you can make it threw the day or not too, I am going to make it threw today . Don,t give your self any other options but to make it for this one day. Let tomarrow take care of itself when it arrives. I hope that makes sense and good luck
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 05:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andante
Can you find some on plan foods you like. Then start by eating them whenever you want. Don't worry about weight loss.... Just about eating on plan food you like. The weight loss will come, but don't deprive yourself!

This really helped! Thank you.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 05:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyna
When I am struggling to get started or stay on plan I more or less brain wash myself into being motivated by reading and rereading everything low carb I can get my hands on. Rereading my old diet journals even from weight watcher days is a big booster as well. Good luck you can do this. Just stop the inner argument about if you can make it threw the day or not too, I am going to make it threw today . Don,t give your self any other options but to make it for this one day. Let tomarrow take care of itself when it arrives. I hope that makes sense and good luck

Thank you for the advice! Yes- I need to remember "One day at a time!"
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 07:43

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 236/220/185 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

You received good advice.. you have to make the adjustment to knowing what you can and shouldn't eat. When I started, I didn't worry about how much I ate, just that it was "on program" - it's a big switch to adjust to. Dumping carbs is hard!

One you eat the right things, your body needs so much less, you automatically start eating less. You'll be surprised. Eating the right stuff, you'll lose weight AND be satisfied with what you are eating.