Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-12, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: Trying to find
Stats: 360/354.4/250 Female 6 ft
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 5%
Default Pathway to Happiness - For Everyone

Hi folks,

I have a new resource to share. I hope it isn't a re-post :-)

Over the years I have made several attempts to lose weight and get in shape. I have tried many diets and nothing worked.

Just recently it dawned on me that Nothing worked because I addressed the Symptom (weight) and Not once did I find the true Cause.

In order to find a Cure - you need a Cause.

How do you apply a bandage to a wound that is still bleeding? You stick it on and eventually it falls off - Right?

I found low carb in 2004 - called it a lifestyle and then Treated it like a Diet. What a mistake. Lost a ton of weight and subsequently put it all back on over 5 years.

I realize now that I made the false assuption that Food Caused my Obesity

Today I stand stong in my decision - No More Diets. Time to Live my best life, before it is gone and I am left with nothing but regrets.

This time I understand the lifestyle and science behind it more clearly. I also realize that the healthy eating lifestyle I have chosen Isn't going to help me get or keep the weight off all on its own.

In order to stop something it makes sense that one would need to understand how it came to be. I need to know why it is I gained all this weight. I need to know why I self sabotage.

I started doing some soul searching - Some much needed self help and some Self Care.

I found this site and I want to share it with you all.

I hope this will awaken something inside one of you as it did me. Perhaps a spark of hope - a realization - an Ah Ha! Moment of sorts.

http://pathwaytohappiness.com/self_mastery.htm

I am working through the Podcasts - all available through Itunes for free or on the website for free.

If you are looking to find your Cause - I think this might help.

I wish you all the best on this Road Less traveled.

Good Choices to you all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-12, 18:23
Registered Member

Plan: Trying to find
Stats: 360/354.4/250 Female 6 ft
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 5%

I should add that I am not selling this guys program. I found emense usefulness in the free materials.