Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-11, 06:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 282/222/199 Female 5ft3
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default my skinny pants

I wore my skinny pants yesterday and they were a little big. I have plenty of room in the waist I plan on keeping them forever because for so long I could not even squeeze into them if I laid on my bed!!! I recieved a compliment last night on how much better I was looking. I replied positively and didnt play down the compliment. I am really trying to not hide ...because it seriously makes me want to crawl under a rock. I know that for me I am going to have to manage self esteem issues as I go so that I dont sabotage myself and fail. I think under all the weight and the facade of being outgoing the reality is oh no .......I really am shy. I was an only child who was pushed to be outgoing so to please people I pretended to be alot more outgoing than I really was ....I am not only on a journey to be healthy and slimmer but to figure out who I am and nuture that gal.. anyway, any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 19:49
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins/General
Stats: 220/202.7/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Keep it up! It's awesome that you are figuring out who you are for YOU!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-11, 04:43

BF:

Thank you Cilli for your imput being a really large person has been my identity my whole adult life so trying to build self esteem as I go and as I change seems to be important. yesterday a friend said to me you look great did you darken your hair?lol.what a journey...
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-11, 09:01

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

Cyndip good job on losing the weight! Now as for being shy, I'm in the same boat. All my life I was told to "get out more" and that it "wasn't healthy" to prefer spending time alone reading or what have you to socializing, and it was exhausting to try to fit other people's expectations of what kind of person I should be. It wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered that yes, I am an introvert and it's totally okay to be that way. For an introvert there's nothing wrong with wanting to spend time alone, in fact we need it.

A great book on the subject of temperment is "Gifts Differing" by Isabella Briggs Myers. It really helped me figure out who I am, I highly recommend it.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-11, 06:21

BF:

I will check out the book, thank you.......