Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 01:43

Plan: New high protein diet
Stats: 154/146/133 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Small success!

Trousers getting a little loose so tried for another pair and got into a size 12! Yippee! Have not weighed myself as I had stalled, but who cares if it shows on the scales as long as it shows in my clothes. Anyone else had a small success this week?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 04:08

Plan: The New High Protein Diet
Stats: 183/179/154 Female 167
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well done, you!!

I only started yesterday. Naughtily jumped on scales and 1lb off so far, though I know its probably not a true measure, I'll check again end of week
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 05:39

BF:

Well done too. Noticed you are also doing the Charles Clark plan. Why did you choose this one? Is this your first time with low carb eating? It's mine and I am finding I am not missing rice and pasta at all, which is strange as I previously ate huge bowls of the stuff!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 06:32

BF:

Hi,

I chose it because i had success on Atkins some years ago, but the induction phase caused me to suffer dizziness and I missed my veggies so much.

The CC plan doesn't have that strict induction and allows more carbs, which I plan to take in the form of veg and maybe a glass of wine with my dinner.

As it's only day 2, things are going OK... I'm drinking lots of water and black tea, though will swap to herbal tea (peppermint) in the afternoon.

Have just enjoyed salmon salad with mayonnaise for lunch and have a snack of some cheddar cheese later. Not sure how late dinner will be today, as I've some volunteer work to do, so am hoping the willpower can last. I've made sure there is plenty of wafer thin ham / chicken in my fridge just in case I can't be bothered to cook when I get in.

Whats your regular breakfast/ lunch/dinner ?

Allie x
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 09:59

BF:

Allie,

I usually have eggs and bacon or a sliceof fritatta for breakfast and a chicken, tuna or Parma ham and mozzarella salad for lunch and dinner is usually a stir fry, salad or meat and veg. I also treat myself to a decaf americano with pouring cream from Starbucks in the morning before work and a sugar free jelly as desert in the evenings. A bit boring. Do you have any good recipes from your Atkins days?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 11:09

Plan: Atkins BSCP/Paleo
Stats: 225/192/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

I lost a pound and a half this week, after not losing at all last week. It's only week 4 for me, so I thought it a bit soon foro weight loss to be to be slowing down, although this will be my 4th attempt at a low carb diet, and I understand weight loss can be slower after you have done it a few times.
So, 8lbs down, 62lbs to go.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 05:52

BF:

Jumped on the scales this morning, have got into a size 12 so must have lost weight right? Wrong! Oh well need to be happy with the lose of inches for now. Wish I had measured myself before I started. Only trying to lose 21lbs, so 7 lbs so far ok I guess. 11/2 lbs is still good, I was going WW and only losing 1/4lb - a lose it a lose, all in the right direction.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 06:53

BF:

ooh, Andim, it sounds like you have a good variety going on and you're a third of the way to your goal, so keep it up ! My WW loss was soooo slow as well, and that's when you can get demotivated.

One of my fave dishes I actually had last night - spinach and feta omelette.
Wilt the spinach down with a little butter and a sprinkling of nutmeg, then add the feta (I used 30g)to it and let it melt and mix well. Put aside whilst you make your omelette then add as a filling and lightly grill. Fold and serve.

Absolutely delicious and very satisfying.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 07:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona M
I lost a pound and a half this week, after not losing at all last week. It's only week 4 for me, so I thought it a bit soon foro weight loss to be to be slowing down, although this will be my 4th attempt at a low carb diet, and I understand weight loss can be slower after you have done it a few times.
So, 8lbs down, 62lbs to go.

Thats good, Fiona. I heard too that it can be slower when you've LC'd before; the first time I did Atkins, I was stunned that I lost 8lbs in 7 days and 14lbs in 2 weeks. The feeling you get is the best ever.

But even if it's slow, I will stick at it. 3 days in, I'm not craving sweet stuff, bread or pasta, though I'm guessing will miss my regular chow mein on friday evening! But I'll stir fry instead with chicken veg and chilli seeds so I still get my Chinese fix !

Good luck with further weight loss