Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 08:16

Plan: Atkins maint
Stats: 200/125/125 Female 5'3
BF:not fat anymore!
Progress: 100%
Default blue cheese souffle

this is not a true souffle it is a toss together that came out the same way several times and each time I said to myself this looks and tastes like a souffle

so please enjoy

Bleu Cheese Souffle
Preheat oven to 400F
beat together well the following
12 oz of cream cheese
1 cup of cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup of sweetener mix of choice mixed up well with 1/4 tsp of xanthum gum (I used a bit less than 1/4th cup Erythritol ground up with 1/2 tsp Stevia and 4 packets of Splenda )
tsp of sea salt

in another bowl just barely brake the yolks of 6 extra large eggs and then gently stir the eggs and cheese/sour cream/HC sweetener mixture above

finally fold into this mixture 4 oz of small crumbled blue cheese and a pinch of fresh cracked pepper

spray a souffle dish pour mixture into it

bake for 10min then reduce the oven to 350 and bake about 30 min or until the souffle is puffed up golden brown and if you put a skewer (carefully) it should come out clean

leave in the turned off oven with the door open for about 20 min and serve as an app or side dish, or even a dessert
at room temp or chilled topped with pecans or walnuts

disclaimer
Please note: The internet is a huge place and I would never want to take anyone else's recipe and call it my own. I do not claim to have "developed" anything because I haven't! I make an honest effort to credit where credit is due. But in this case, I really do not know if anyone has made this the same way prior to me and have not researched it so do not hold it against me if someone else has published or posted elsewhere, thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 08:51

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Wow. That looks amazing HiDe! I wouldn't have guessed that it could be done without flour.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 17:29

Plan: Atkins maint
Stats: 200/125/125 Female 5'3
BF:not fat anymore!
Progress: 100%

thanks!! not a speck of flour but a speck of Xanthum gum and no beating the whites and yolks apart. I was lazy and it worked (a few times actually so I could post it with confidence!)

I have done it with out the gum and it was fine just did not hold to the table but a flat souffle is still very good! but the presentation of a poofy (even a little poof) one is much nicer and it held even as it cooled to serve!