Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 06:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 194/184/138 Female 5'8"
BF:No Clue
Progress: 18%
Default Ladies, Help..........

Hi there.

I am done with my first week on induction and I have only lost a half of a pound. UGGGGGG. I know I am doing it correctly. Last year I lost 26 pounds doing Atkins and just quit.....stupid me.

Here's the question. My period is due in one or two days. Could I be retaining a few pounds? I am grasping at straws here. How much weight do you all gain right before TOM??

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/270/130 Female 5feet 4.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Imlessnow, They say its a little tougher going, once you fall off the wagon, but you still have another week of induction to go, so please don't give up. I've been in a almost 6 month stall, but I keep going, because even though the scale and measuring tape has abandon me, I look and feel better each and every day, I watch my health and body appearance change everyday for the better and so will you. We're in our cocoons waiting to morph into beautiful free butterflies. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I was away for awhile. Hang in there and good luck.

Icequeen42
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 12:39
Registered Member

Stats: 325/270/130 Female 5feet 4.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Imlessnow,
Yes, it's possible that you are retaining weight due to your TOM, when I was regular I would gain up to 10lbs around my TOM, so hang in there and see what happens afterwards. Good luck.

Icequeen42
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 12:31

Stats: 170/155/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Look for hidden sugars in your food and exercise. Also, I know that if you switch back and forth from LC eating to eating whatever you want it messes big time with your metabolism. Four years ago I lost 30 lbs on Atkins. Stupid me, I only did induction and then switched back and forth a number of times. When I found I was unable to lose any weight on induction I called the Atkins help line and that is what she told me.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: Steak & Beer
Stats: 212/193/165 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Cool 2nd and 3rd times around are tough!!

I'm on my 3rd go around. Two years ago, I had great loss during the 1st month, around 16lbs I think. Second time around, last year, I lost about 12 the 1st month. This time around has been much tougher, although I am exercising and losing - I'm even following a strict diet!! The first 2 weeks, I've lost 8lbs. Third week weigh-in is tomorrow morning and I've got my fingers crossed!!! I'm hoping for another 2lbs, especially after a 5 mile jog today. We'll see....

Hang in there, and watch how many cals you're eating. Between 1200 and 1700 would be okay. Exercise!!! Even if its a walk. A 3 to 4 mile walk is MUCH better than sitting around and eating/drinking water.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 07:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 194/184/138 Female 5'8"
BF:No Clue
Progress: 18%

Thanks Everyone,

I really appreciate all the support. I have been real strict lately and the weight is coming off. I have also started exercising every day (cardio)and weights 2 times a week. Weight loss is not as fast but I am fine with that. I just keep reminding myself the alternative is to go back to eating all the junk food and feeling horrible. Thanks again, everyone!!