Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-10-15, 14:55

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 332/282/250 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Introduction

Hi there,

I'm taking my cues from the New Member Thread and introducing myself. My name is Randi, and I've been in Atkins '72 induction since February 1st--lol, do I get bonus points for going on induction right before Valentine's Day? So far I've managed to lose 30 pounds, 20 of which was in the first month. I started at my highest weight of 332 pounds. At the moment I'm so close to 300 I can taste it, but still trying to break through. I've also gone down two pants sizes, from a 26 to a 22.

This is all kind of painful for me, because I lost what I considered to be a massive amount of weight three years ago. Cutting calories, I managed to go from 268 to 199. Then I met my husband, left all of my family and friends to move out of state, got laid off and got married all within the space of a year. Yeah, it was eventful to say the least. My husband is big on fast food, and sort of adopting his habits after we moved in together started my downward spiral. The rest just globbed on somewhere along the way. I am so happy to be losing weight now, but that weight loss three years ago is really haunting me. I can still remember merging the before and after pictures, and thinking how badly I looked at 268. After that, it's very hard to get excited about being 302. I keep thinking how hard it was to lose 70 pounds... now I need to lose almost double that.

My husband is very supportive, and I'm so glad to have him. Honestly, he keeps me strong. He's so proud of me for sticking to this, and that is giving me the willpower I need to stick with this WOE. Well, that and the fact that it's actually enjoyable, as opposed to calorie counting. It's all about staying positive for me right now, so I am doing my best. I just have to keep trying and reach a point that I can focus on enjoying what I've accomplished and not dwelling on the past.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-10-15, 15:02

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Congrats on the loss so far

Having family support is great for being able to continue on your journey to weight loss and good health.