Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-14, 13:22

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazia
Actually the astrology is intense now, we're approaching another eclipse (new moon) on 4/29. Plus google "cardinal grand cross" -- or maybe better not! because there are a lot of astrology blogs talking about it in dire terms. It probably doesn't affect most people directly but things do seem stirred up and hard to resolve easily at least in my life.

OMG! I had no idea there was an astrology thing going on. It explains a LOT. I'm having a new toilet and vanity installed today and every single thing you can think of has gone wrong plus I've encountered nothing but "attitude" from everyone involved in the plumbing company from the receptionist, to the installers, to the owner himself. I won't go into details because it will turn into a rant. But I can't wait to get these people out of my house and for this day to end! Do I dare google "cardinal grand cross"? Too curious not to.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-14, 14:52

BF:

Okay, they just unpacked the vanity and it is damaged. It is being returned, as I type, to the store. It was a special order that I waited a few weeks for, so now...another wait. Meanwhile, they had already removed the old vanity and sink. A strange calm has come over me. I googled "cardinal grand cross". Apparently there is a lot of stress for people right now. Obviously, I have no control over my situation only over how I react to it. So I am going to stay calm, refuse to eat crap, watch something funny on TV, and remind myself that this is NOTHING compared to getting divorced and burying my parents. So, how's your Saturday?
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-14, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

We're also in the midst of a long Mars retrograde that started last month and last till late May, and the grand cross is triggering those points (I'm not a professional astrologer but it's been an interest since I was a teenager). So it can really bring out the hard-ass in people you have to deal with, often from out of the blue or people you wouldn't expect.

The thing a lot of astrologers note is that the aggression just doesn't get you anywhere, e.g., Mars retro is not an auspicious time to go to war (or what seems like "war"); the aggressor usually loses.

I've got a couple of totally unforeseen wars in my own life plus had a huge divisive break in a long-standing relationship. The tension has been sometimes overwhelming, I think these major astrology aspects can just put a lot of stress on lifeforms everywhere.

But it's also a great time to decide what you will and won't put up with, what you REALLY REALLY want in your life and what you want to eliminate, etc. Things will really lighten up in the coming week and get better into May, there will be more support for moving forward in life.

I know this is OT but my experience is that astrological effects can sometimes be like hormonal surges! To stay on our plans and keep improving our health and lives we need to be wary of getting sidetracked or overwhelmed when it's just "too much."

An astrology blog I really like by the way is Skywatch Astrology, he treats astrology like a weather report and seems like a wise old soul.

As for me, I'm roasting a chicken and listening to the commentary tracks on old Popeye cartoons while I get some work done. These are the old 30s ones with great backdrops and character work, and watching Popeye fight back feels catharctic now! Reminds me, I've got to buy spinach at the store tomorrow!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-14, 15:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
Okay, they just unpacked the vanity and it is damaged. It is being returned, as I type, to the store. It was a special order that I waited a few weeks for, so now...another wait. Meanwhile, they had already removed the old vanity and sink. A strange calm has come over me. I googled "cardinal grand cross". Apparently there is a lot of stress for people right now. Obviously, I have no control over my situation only over how I react to it. So I am going to stay calm, refuse to eat crap, watch something funny on TV, and remind myself that this is NOTHING compared to getting divorced and burying my parents. So, how's your Saturday?

Oh my WhoFan - what a Saturday you had. I love that you kept a sense of calm, perspective and humor about it all

I felt exhausted by weird energy between myself and family/friends last weekend ... riding it out by minimizing contact. This weekend was better.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-14, 16:56

BF:

Sorry you guys have had a rough go of it too. We've got to be extra careful not to turn to food for comfort at times like these. I always use this-isn't-as-bad-as-divorce-and-burying-my-parents mantra when I feel defeated by circumstances and stress-inducing people. My boss (a war hero) always says "well, it ain't Vietnam" when faced with a business crisis. It definitely puts a bit of perspective on it and helps keep me away from the fridge and the liquor cabinet. Although yesterday, I admit, I did have a shot of rum when the workmen left.