Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 11:29
Fat and Middle Aged!

Plan: LC
Stats: 000/000/160 Female 6'0''
BF:LOTS AND LOTS
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Confession

Grrrrr I am so aggrivated with myself I have been SOOOO good. Today in appreciation for all the extra hours we have been putting in at school our priciPAL hired the baskin robbins people to come in a make sundaes for all of the teachers. I tried(obviously not hard enough) resisting (like I did the M&M's another teacher put in my face Wednesday at our open house) finally I decided on a small SMALL bowl of vanilla (about 4 bites) and some nuts. No Syrup, cherry chocolate or optherwise, no fake whipped cream with tons of sugar, and not even a cherry on top. It was good though... but not good enough to put any pounds back on the scale tomorrow morning!!! I am more mad at the fact that I have been so good for over two weeks, not cheating ONCE and bam I let peer pressure get to me.

It kind of aggrivates me that the teachers (my friends) were so insistent that I eat the ice cream

NO, I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE BUT MYSELF FOR TAKING THAT CUP OF ICE CREAM, but they all saw on AND COMMENTED on Wednesday night when we had dinner that I took all the bread off of my sub sandwhich and left my chips and cookie UNTOUCHED!! (the school provided us dinner). Oh well... I have been extra good the last two days, maybe the indulgence won't zap me tomorrow, but then again if it sdoesn't I may think that this is something I can pull off all the time!Hmmm the trials and tribulations of a new WOE!!!! Anyhow... I will go to the gym tonight and that will make me feel a tad better!!!
Carrie Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172.5/165.5/130
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default ME TOO

Don't feel bad...I am only one week into induction and I competely cheated last night and ate three granola bars and a few twizzlers. I have been perfect this whole first week, lost 8.5 pounds and was sooooo proud of myself....and now this. stupid stupid. but I too am going to go to the gym, drink plenty of water and get right back on the wagon. It does make me crazy that I ate them, what was I thinking??? All of that hard work, and I let my craving get the best of me in the worst way. Not even just one granola bar, but 3 Oh well, just wanted to let you know you are not alone...I weighed myself this morning and nothing had changed, but I am nervous for tomorrow. Anyway, keep up the good work and stay strong...sweet stuff is the hardest to resist for me, so I really have to work on it!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 17:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%

It's good to track what goodie (what an awful thing to call it) caused your lapse. In fact, there is a craving that is not food, and many of us suffer from it. Be it belonging, not making waves, etc. Learn what has been behind your way of eating, and keep a lookout for that stimulus. It is not about denial, in fact, but recognition.

I accept high carb food when it was especially prepared for me by someone who doesn't know I'm on the diet or what it includes. It is my personal line, drawn so as not to nullify the hospitality of the host. I follow the dinner or dessert with applause or praise to the provider, saying the truth - "That was very good." or "Yummy."

Charlie