Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 18:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey everybody- Boy I have been losing time writing the last couple mornings. I guess I just lose myself in writing and the next thing ya know I and hustling to get to work! HAHAHAH

Lori- So glad you are feeling better and YOU GOT A JOB!!!!! - how in the world are you going to squeeze that in? You are the busiest retired gal I know. But hey winter is rolling in. Maybe if you just did it for Christmas money plus your discount would be a great thing! Quit in the spring! What is FIX BOX?
Water water water up!

KMOM- glad you are feeling good enough to walk! I so need a kick in the butt to get physical. Glad things seems to be going well.

Trig- OMG- no offense but I thought I was the queen of "putting it away" HAHAHA But I will tell you there are some days- I serious could eat tons and never feel full. Steak though tends to be the one meat that DOES fill me to to brim. I get why you eat it a lot! I bought some today! I do like pork chops too- but not as fatty.
Looks like you are spared the hurricane- you lucky dog you!

BLUE- How are you? I know you are LOVING the fact it is Friday! I think that sometimes we all need the goal of just not gaining and feeling good! You have so much on your plate!

Leeann- I just LOVED your post! You are so right about new beginnings- even in the fall! Why wait for Jan- new beginning can be anytime we deem it to be. And what a better way then a brand new school year! I'm in.
on a pound down. Keep it going my friend!!!!
----------------------------------
I spent all day today making Hurricane calls. Our clients are the entire state of GA. So I was given the directive early this morning to call all our members on the coast where they are having madortory evacuations and make sure they are secure. Meaning , place to go, food, water, meds, ok........ We have almost 300 people to call.
80% of them answered and was so grateful somebody reached out and called.
We steered them to the resources and shelter in their area if needed.
There was one call that broke my heart though. A mom with 3 kids under her apt roof. 2 are disabled and she has a fear of people and never leaves her home, EVER! She has 4 dogs- and lives right on the river , across from Tybee. She refused to leave. I called her 4 times. I finally had to let her make that decision as she is still functional.
I brought it to my VP attention because I wanted to call the fire dept. She said I didn't have the right to do that. I almost started to cry. She will be one of those people you will see being rescued on the news. So frekin sad. I even gave her my personal cell in case she changes her mind.
The only good thing- is that the hurricane is coming more MY way not hers.

Stopped at the store on the way home- OMG- as TRIG says- shoot me now..... the lines were SO long. Lucky they had restocked this morning. Picked up pork chops, beef, steak, chicken breasts, zucinni, pork sausage, ground turkey (MEATBALLS), salad, water, wine, dog food. I think I am set! Good to hunker in. I am just hoping I don't lose power. I am making ice now. I will cook up some meatballs, and hamburgers and have them already cooked. If the power goes I will put it in the freezer in ice.

Well tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and Sunday too. Then things change Mon and Tue. - They say last time All. Had a Cat 1 hurricane was 1887. WOW

AVA update. She had a blood transfusion yesterday. Having a little trouble tolerating anything but breast milk. She likes nothing added. Her weight remains at 1.16oz. I wish she would at least hit 2 pounds. Geeze. My daughter not frekin out- so I won't either. She is right there EVERYDAY! I watch her on the camera everyday.She is squirmy. I am ok with that- at least not just laying there.

Ok- I am sorta wiped. My patch - has not been working as well and I have been having break though night sweats and waking up every hour for the last 2 weeks or so. Got a new box- hope it works better. Call my doctor who said that it might have been a bad batch.

Good on WOE today- stocked up so I don't need to eat out- the salt in processed food is just not doing me well.

Rebooting with the salt- and back to home cooked basic foods. OK all. TIME TO CHILL
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 20:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Really beautiful job of making a metaphor of our new thread with all the change that in one way or the other, seems around us all right now. I say, let the changes take their course, but let one steady thing be our friendships here, and our endless hope and support for ALL of us to be at the best weight we can, in the way that works for us.

Lori---UGH, bra shopping. Worse to me than shopping for jeans, and that's saying something. GLAD you had success.

I am sorry, but it looks like your trip to Key West may indeed not be well timed. It's such a fantastic place when it's up and running. We took our honeymoon there and it was just the BEST. But I have a feeling it won't be for a time to come. Hope I'm wrong.

Hubby and I once spent the most glorious 12 days in St. Martin. It was so beautiful and everyone seemed to get along just fine there for the most part. Very little visible poverty. Have been watching the pix of it now on the news, and it makes me heartsick. Like New Orleans after Katrina, I fear it will be a long clean up. Which is doubly terrible because both these places so depend on tourism money. BIG SIGH.

Trigger---Yeah, wowza, that's a big amount of cash to hand over. But if you can do that and not suffer interest payments along with it, it's deffo the way to go. So the way I see it, this one if for the hubby. It's his dream, and every one is entitled to chasing their dream. NEXT ONE goes to you. It's only fair, right?

K-mom---Yeah, bummer about the TJ bread. But for me, I don't think it is what has kept me from losing, even if I was eating a few more carbs than I thought for a couple of months---not enough of them to outdo my other efforts. Fact is, we both eat a VLC woe---and yes this IS a term, VLC means under 50 a day.SO much lower than 98% of everyone else. Weight Watchers considers coming in at 150 carbs a day a good thing. SAD---standard American diet---averages 300 carbs a day. AVERAGES! I know in my pre LC days I was often eating more than that.

But, carb sensitivity is different for everyone. And therefore, no more TJ's LC bread may be a big plus for you. I could go days w/out it, and then I'd get in a groove where I wanted a sandwich for lunch or dinner, never both. If I double the carbs for all the times I did this, I still end up mostly at 30NCs or under, rather than my preferred 20 NCs.

I DO support you in weighing and measuring everything for awhile. This gives you the FACTS Ma'm. You won't have to do it forever, soon you just get a feel for it, and if it's off a carb or two, meh. Not going to make a difference.

Friday water: MUCH better. 5/3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, another day I thought would be mostly free, but sure wasn't. Man the e-mails were flying! Every time I though I had it covered for the day, I got a new e-mail that laughed at me for thinking so.

Finally, about 4pm, it all quieted down, and I shut my office down and went off to meed my BFF forever at that loverly old club she belongs to that I have mentioned before.

Holy moly, their happy hour apps are always amazing, and free, but tonight they included fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarellas slices AND pork chili w/sour cream and grated cheese. Other carby stuff too, but I just walked away Renee. I had a small bowl of the chili and some tomatoes and mozzarella. Haven't been eating that much lately, and that really filled me up.

PLUS, we only had to pay for our drinks, so we were cheap dates for each other and had a great chat. She's worried about work too, so we're both all about slicing dimes. Nice to have company in my new hobby.

Home now and cozy. So happy to have a weekend in front of me.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Sep-08-17 at 20:30.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 20:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---cross posted, and don't know how I skipped you anyway?! You always post something interesting to respond to.

Wow, Irma is really f'ing around w/your life too. But it must feel really good to be so useful. I feel your heart pangs at those who cannot or will not leave and how you just want to grab them by the fire department and make them leave. But we can only do what we can do. People have their own decisions to make.

I worry about so many of the poor who don't have the money or means to evacuate, and also those who have pets and elder parents they can't move and they won't leave behind. Have read a lot of stories about this.

Still, hope everyone CAN get to a shelter near by.

As for Ava---I understand your anxiety. It would be mine too. But I agree, your daughter's not freaking out, and it won't help her if you do. ALL CHILDREN grow at their own rate, even preemies. They've got their own little mojo going on, and we cannot decide their pace. Still thinking Ava's a fighter, and she'll make up her mind when she wants more than breast milk!

Hope is the only answer to fear, even if it feels risky to hope.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 04:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue...I think you are correct, I don't believe we'll be going to Key West this year. Of course I'm disappointed, but missing a few days of vacation is nothing compared to the poor people who will lose their homes, jobs and everything else. I simply cannot imagine. I'm sitting here watching the weather channel and it shows the eye going right over Key West.

Jaz....Stitch Fix is a clothing subscription service. You fill out a style/preference /size survey on their site and decide how often you want a "fix". You pay a $20 styling fee which is applied to anything you decide to keep. They send 5 items in each "fix". As I said, I'm only keeping one shirt and the rest is already in the return package they include and I just have to drop it at the post office. I have been watching some "Stitch Fix unboxing/try" on videos on YouTube that are quite entertaining. My favorite is by Seaweede Starfish. She just seems so awesome and genuine. She does all kinds of clothing subscription videos. Check her out!

I had a crab cake and some broiled scallops for dinner last night, along with a salad and some broccoli. Yum. BIL had prime rib that looked really good. He said it was fantastic. Speaking of BIL, I heard him get up at 4:30 and I heard his truck pull out of the driveway. I have no idea where he went at 4:30AM, but whatever. He and DH have plans to meet a friend for breakfast this morning at 7. It is now 6AM and he isn't back. Weird. Maybe he went home? I don't think so, but he has left in the middle of the night before if he couldn't sleep.

No plans here for the day. I may pull myself together and take a stroll thru our little town. There are some little clothing shops that my sister and I like to visit...maybe I'll go check them out. Wishing my sister was here to go with me.

Speaking of my sister, she was going to go to Key West with us and I have promised her that we will go somewhere that week. Most likely it will be Virginia Beach. Not sure if DH will go with us or not. He was sort of pouting and saying that it didn't sound like he was invited. Oh come on! Sigh.......He is certainly welcome, but he will be bored with the way we like to "do the beach". He is one to take tours and do museums etc. Not my sister & me. We like to do a lot of walking, a little shopping and of course some good eating! We'll see how things work out.

Enough of this ramble. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys
kiddo and me are off hiking in a bit
yes I woke her and got yelled at but tough, ya know. Momma wants out of the house a little and we are going and that is that...plus Bolt is foaming at the mouth to get out also LOL
Kiddo hates to go but once there, on the trail with Bolt, she has tons of fun and takes pics and plays music ----crap she never chats with me HAHA...have to work on that but at 12 why bother cause most I get back is ...geez mom ya ain't got a clue what I am saying! oh well....whatever

cold as frozen snot here!! This is start with pants/jacket and end in Tshirt and shorts and this ALL clothing days drives me nuts!

chat up later, great day all
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 07:17

BF:

TRIG- Poor Bolt foaming at the mouth and you STALKING DD to get up so you can have a walk! - I'm with you - hate tons of clothes.

Lori- Thanks for the You Tube tip. The "fix" sounds sorta $$ but then again I guess you get to try stuff out before you buy. I don't mind getting out to try stuff on. Glad you found your bras!
HAHAHAHA on the poor hubby feeling like the 3nd wheel with you and your sister on the beach. They do pout don't they!

It does suck about Florida- I am hopeful that state can escape the brunt of destruction. Such a beautiful state. I guess we just watch and wait! Right now as of this morning they are saying it has slowed down and not as strong, but could get strong. That is just it- nobody knows.

Blue- How nice that you and the BFF were able to eat, chat it up for the price of a drink. I love places like that! There was a place like that in Ohio- free food if you bought a drink. So the EX and I used to meet there - have a drink and eat for nothing! LOVE the hobby. I have been a penny pincher for years!

How funny you kept thinking you were DONE- only to get another email!!!!! HAHA - well it's the weekend now!

Leeann- Glad you are doing well and back on plan! I know how hard it is to dance with carbs and them dump them! It is like a fine line.
But like Blue- said we are all living a very low carb lifestyle compared to the rest of the population.
Love that your clothes are feeling better- HATE tight clothes!

KMOM- how was your walk yesterday? I am so glad it sounds like you are on the mend! Plus with the CapD- your knee will thank you for every pound you lose! I feel ya- my body does not like me at this high of a weight.
People DO have issues with weight gain depending on the meds you are on.
Even cold meds and Motrin- can cause water weight. The key? You know so well= WATER!
-----------------------------------------------
All- AVA update: She is 2.1pounds as of this morning and has grown an inch. Granted she is in the 20% for her gestation, she is still moving forward. She was so wiggy last night. I love being able to see her anytime I want! I get to watch her grown via the internet.
I was going to go this morning to see "the kids"- but they all have the stomach bug. So I will take a pass!

It is beautiful today- deep blue skies- not a cloud, and in the 70's. A perfect fall day. Hard to believe a hurricane on our back door.
But I am prepared. I was thinking about going to get a small lantern though. they are selling them at the grocery for 20$. It is a small LED one that can light up an entire room. It might not be such a bad idea to have one anyway. We tend to lose power often. I will go get it- just talked myself into the splurge.

I am enjoying my laid back morning! Have bills to look at and laundry to do. How a single gal has 3 loads of laundry every weekend is unbelievable. But I am addicted to fresh sheets- then towels, then clothes!

I am also going to have to freeze my credit this morning too. Yes I too am one of the millions that got hacked by Experian. I encourage you ALL to check! they are saying 50% of us have been hacked. The only way to put a halt to anything is to SHUT down the credit opportunity. It does not effect the score to freeze it.

Then this afternoon I will take the pup up to get her nails done. She LOVES going to get her nails done- she has her favorite gal there who gushes over her. She practically prances out, head high. She is SO my DIVA dog! HAHAHAHAH

Then I am thinking pork chop and salad for dinner, after dinner walk and will finally settle in with Netflix and call it a day!

Made the mistake of looking at the scales- hissssssss hisssssss. Up 4? Has to be my cold I had this week. Feeling better- but I still took my last med last night. So I figure it will be a couple of days to flush that crap out and get back into lean mode rather than bloat.

Have a awesome day!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 07:47

BF:

Jaz so happy Ava is gaining and hit over into the 2s....us old fattys want out of the 2s and we are cheering for her to hit high into the 2s!!

Haven't left yet, kid is truly a 'slow and no go, stop and wait' person and it drives me crazy cause I am go go go and she is one speed, it is called 'wait'! UGH

fed her 5 sausage patties and now she has to rest after that and we should leave soon now LOL omg!

yes get the lantern. good thing to always have.
if it goes straight up Atlanta area is gonna get blasted.
this is a biggie icky crazy storm so hold on tight and hope you are not straight in it!

Diva dog.....girlie!

what is a BOY Diva dog called? cause that is Bolt HA

omg I want to go and am being held back...driving me crazy but it is what it is so holding my brains in check here
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 09:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Trig, did you make it out hiking yesterday? Too funny that you got your DD up to hike with you today. Agreed that she will have fun once she is there. I'm very selfish with my hikes. For me they are very meditative- no music, phone off, no conversation, preferably alone. Yesterday I saw turtles, deer, a blue heron and some other small wildlife. Love it. I also got into a stare-off with a deer- I won but it took a while. lol

So yeah, that is a hella expensive truck. But if he keeps it ten years, then it is 6k a year for pure happiness on his part. Worth it.

Jaz- I am so relieved that Ava is 2.1 pounds. Just earlier in this thread you said she was 1.1 and my heart sank. I was worried she was dropping from her birth weight. VERY glad to hear she is gaining. Great news!
How did you know you were part of the Experian hack?

Lori- You have such a nice relationship with your sister. You two seem very 'simpatico.' It's nice to see; I know it doesn't always work out that way with sisters!

Re: Stitch fix- I did it for like 3 months. Thing is, I don't buy clothes very often, I am pretty frugal about buying them, and I felt compelled to keep something to "save" the 20 dollar fee. But the thing I would keep felt overpriced for what it was, so I felt like I was "losing money." But many many people love it.

Florida- A HUGE concern. Mother Nature is pretty pissed off these days it seems- huge fires burning in the northwest, TX submerged in water and a huge hurricane (plus two more) barreling along the coast/gulf. My Mom is in ATL - I should check in with her to see how she is prepared.

Blue- Your dinner out sounds absolutely wonderful and good friends can't be beat. Especially friends who are also in saving mode!
You have been a busy bee and working hard. Hope you can get some feet-up time this weekend!

••••••••••••

Anyone else planning on going to see IT at the movie theater in the next couple of weeks! I am!

Had a very busy day yesterday! Went to Costco and Trader Joes, then ate lunch at noon, so a 22 hour fast (not including coffee with cream.) It wasn't really an intentional fast but I wasn't hungry before I left for errands and ate when I got home. Then I went for a four mile hike before picking DS15 up from school. I was exhausted last night!

I woke up during the night SO COLD from our window being open in our room but still having the summer bedding on. It went down to 50. I scooched on over to DH's side and crammed up against him. When I woke up there was a huge expanse of empty bed and then us in the last quarter! Our temps are about ten degrees below normal right now.

Today is the UMD game at noon, then I am meeting a friend for dinner. If I do any walking at all it will be just a short walk for the dogs in the neighborhood.
DS18 sent me a text about 30 minutes ago- he and GF showed up at the game an hour and a half early and got seats right at the goal post. I'll be looking for him on TV!

Oh, funny note! DS15 got it in his head the other day that he very much wanted a hot glue gun. So DH took him to buy one yesterday when he got home from work. DS15 paid for it himself. So then DS went out in the garage to do whatever he was going to do with cardboard and the hot glue gun and we pretty much didn't see him again. He wouldn't show us what he was working on. But we went to bed (he had been working 5 hours by then) and he was still out in the garage. And this morning there were no dishes in the sink so I guess he just skipped dinner all together. That ADHD brain is a powerful thing- he can hyper focus like nobody's business when he is passionate about something. So creative!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 19:35

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:
Thursday: Blue 2/3, Jaz 2/5, KMom 6/5
Friday: Blue 5/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 6/5

I liked how Jaz reminded me that water helps so many things. I MUST make it a priority. And I know you guys...Blue and Jaz...want that too. So I will keep "hounding" you guys...but gently.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 19:50

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Jaz: Super good news about Ava being 2.1. It doesn't sound like much, but I know it is very significant. I appreciate the reminder that every pound will make my knee thankful. I remember when I was teaching on the island of Kauai and the physical therapist for the school gently explained to me how losing even just a little weight would impact how my knee performed.

Lori: Stitch Fix sound like fun. I will be interested to see how it goes in November. I love hearing about the closeness of you and your sister and how you just plain like being together. Say, did you ever find out where your BIL went early in the morning?

Nic: I was impressed with your 22-hour fast. But even more impressed that you weren't even that hungry. Sometimes when I am doing the IF, I am literally counting the minutes till I get to eat. I am trying to do a 16:8 as often as I can. It basically just means not eating after dinner. But that in itself is a really victory for me. Say, what did your DS15 make with the glue gun that took 5+ hours. Bet it was something for science class. Like a DNA model.

Blue: Yes, I remember well you describing that "lovely old club" to us before. Amazing that everything was free except your drinks. Good job on just nibbling. Tell your husband that I checked my boxes of tomatoes today for the first time and had five perfectly ripe ones and one rotten one. Made sure I got the rotten one out fast. Tomorrow I will freeze about 10 (already had five on my counter that ripened).

Trig: So how did the hike go? You know, just getting your daughter to go is quite amazing...even if her speed is "wait." Such a typical kid. Typical kids don't worry me much.

I can't remember, but I know I also ate something a few months ago that I thought was LC, but wasn't. I remember being so shocked. And not the TJ bread. But I for sure cannot blame much on either of those. But it does help me understand why maybe I have not been losing as fast. I went through a loaf of TJ bread pretty fast last week. I love it with cheese on top, melted. I love it with a tuna sandwich. But like Blue said, I will be using one slice from now on. And maybe not very often.

I have tried to walk, but have been very tired. My heart rate is in the low 50's. I know for sure one of the meds is supposed to bring my heart rate down. They don't want it racing and causing A-Fib. My cardiologist said if it goes below 50, he wants to know. Jaz, could that be why I am tired?

Had a great day on woe. CapD, but a little discouraged.

K-Mom 10x4
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 02:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Enjoying a quiet early morning. I may need a nap this afternoon. I'm going to do most of my packing today for our upcoming cruise. Will this be the trip where I finally pack light? I was checking on the weather forecast and it looks like it will mainly be in the 60's to near 70 with lows in the 50's. We'll be on tours just about every day, so need casual clothes for that and then dressier clothes for dinner in the evenings. I have to put together some mix & match outfits.

We get on the ship on Thursday around Noon...sail at 4. Friday we'll be at sea and then arrive in Boston on Saturday morning. Next stop is Portland ME, then Bar Harbor ME, on to Canada for 2 stops, St John & Halifax. The last day is a sea day coming back to port. I really like having the last day be an at sea day....relaxing.

KMom...have no idea where BIL went at 4:30 in the morning! He got back about 6:15 and then he and DH went to breakfast. I think he went and got gas and then just drove around. Who knows? He left early yesterday afternoon. He'll be back at the end of September when he's in town for the local high school Alumni weekend.

Well, I need another cup of coffee. I'm going to check on the hurricane on the weather channel. The last time I looked it was bearing down on the Keys...so sad.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 05:30

BF:

Lori, a job at Dicks...so cool. Hope you get the position you want, and yes, their golf section is huge! And like ya said you can quit if it doesn't float your boat....and speaking of boats, well, ships, sounds like your cruise is gonna be fab! Ahhh you are such the traveler! I so wish I could go as much as you!

Nicco, yes I hear you loud and clear on being selfish and wanting alone time on your hikes! I get like that also. We got the SO cold here also, amazing it flipped this cold this fast in the south here....crazy. But the AC is not flipping on at night so at least I got some bucks saved there lol

KM, yes limit that low carb bread. very smart. Don't be discouraged, hold onto that CapD and I hope you are not as tired, just rest up when you can. nothing wrong with that.

Yes we got 'our hike' but it was downgraded to the 'walking track' instead of a nice woods trail at the mountain park. She need some school stuff so we went to shop and then walked the nearest track...boring but we got out

HI ALL
quickie again
gotta clean here, bathrooms, and yes that stinks to do those!
Anyone want to come over and clean bathrooms while I watch? NO takers? haha that is ok cause I wouldn't volunteer either.

hubby off work tomorrow so closing pool.
then I think I am being dragged off to a giant truck place and will probably end up being parted with ALOT of MY money....see how I think here LOL (my money, mine, mine! ) Let it go, just let it go Karen! All I can do at this point.

got 2 nice country style pork ribs for later
got nice Tbone steaks on the grill for all tonight

fun day all
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 06:20

BF:

Hello all- To say I am nervous is an understatement. Atlanta is supposed to get slammed. We are going to be a cat 1/ or tropical storm for over 24 hours. It's suppose to roll in tomorrow early 3-4 am- and last for 24 hours.
It looks as if Atlanta will be on the east side of the storm which is the strongest side.
Yes I am so glad I got the lantern, water, batteries, and have my pup. I am making ice- and will cook up my meat and then freeze it. Meatballs, and salmon. If the power goes out I can eat it and it won't go bad.
Ok I love a good storm on a Sunday afternoon, soft rumble of thunder. A hurricane OMG- I am well......... VERY nervous.

Top that with the fact that we are feeling the winds right now-
I left my phone charger and computer cord at work. So I will be making a trip to the office to pick it up as I expect we will all work from home until the power goes. That is the issue for me- being alone and no power= no internet- no TV= limited phone=

Ok- I gonna shower and run over there.
I will post personals in a few hours.

BUT YES KMOM- you are most certainly on a beta blocker to keep your heart rate down. That will make you very tired. Not sure what your does is- the higher the more tired you will feel. The good news- your body WILL adjust and your energy will come back.

I personally have been on a beta blocker for 20 years. I will be on it for life. Long story short - I blew out my adrenal glad and that is what regulates the fight or flight response. So I was ALWAYS in fight reponce and my body doesn't have the ability to calm it's down. My heart rate at all times was in the 120-130's sustained. I either had to go on a beta blocker or wear out my heart in my 20's.

At first I was very tired. But after several months- I was able to adjust. I was running, and very active, and all that. It is funny though- even now when I am doing pulse pounding cardio- I don't go about 80.
My resting HR - is about 60-65. After I lost my 100 pounds- They reduced the dose to a real low dose as my heart rate was falling into the 40's. Not real sustainable either. SO yes I feel ya! It will get better. Just know your body!

Ok- gotta hit up my office! Back in a bit
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 07:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Wow, KMom, a heart rate in the 50s seems low to me and a bit scary, but I don't know squat about medicine. Jaz seems to think it is okay. I wonder how long it takes to adjust to the medicine and feel less tired?

You asked what DS15 made with the glue gun. He has made (but not finished yet) an elaborate cardboard suit of armor, complete with moving parts. It is multidimensional and really something. I tell you, that kid!

Trig, so today is truck buying day? Whoo hoo! Like you said, at this point, since it is going to happen, you might as well just embrace it. Try to flip over to enjoying the happiness it brings your DH.

Lori, did I congratulate you on your new job? I meant to and if not, congrats! I would enjoy working the register I think, lots of new people coming around and a fast pace. And like you said, if you don't like it you can quit. Also, that cruise sounds really marvelous- I would love to do that same one. What line is it? I would really like to hear how it was when you come back.

Jaz, I hope the affect in ATL is milder than you are expecting. Since my Mom is there I will definitely be watching and paying attention to how things go. Take care of you!

•••••••••

All is well here.

DD and Fi came by yesterday and hung out with us for a while. UMD did a major smackdown on Towson during the football game and that was great fun. DS18 got there early with GF and they got great seats. It was even more exciting to watch knowing he was there.

Guess what? I get to see him today!! I am so excited!! DH, DS15 and I are going over, DD22 will meet us there, and we are taking DS18 and GF out to lunch and then we are going to see IT at the movie theater. ALL MY FAMILY TOGETHER!! YAY!!!! Well, actually DD doesn't want to see the movie but all my family together for lunch anyway. DD's Fi can't go bc he is accompanying his parents to a funeral. He was bummed because he really wants to see the movie. I hear it is very good and very scary.

We will be recording the Ravens game to watch when we get home. Hate to miss the first game of the season but will gladly do so to see my boy!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 09:52

BF:

Hi again,

Jaz.....so glad you were able to get some food and water. I had no idea that Atlanta was going to get slammed and that you're feeling it already! Yikes! Stay safe girl!

Trig....truck shopping??!! Oh yeah...you will be parting with a good bit of $$. It's always so nice to have a new vehicle though. Can't believe it's time to close up the pool. Did you get to use it a lot this year?

Nic...we are going on Royal Caribbean cruise line. We also like Princess & Celebrity. Next April we're doing a California coastline cruise on Princess. I'm a cruisin' fool!

Speaking of the cruise, I have all but finished our packing. Good grief..a big suitcase plus a rolling duffel bag stuffed to the gills! Pack light? HAHAHAHA! I'll have a time repacking everything to come home.

Thanks for the congrats on the part-time job. I'm not sure if it's a mistake or not, but I can always quit. 4 hours of orientation tomorrow and then I'll see if I work at all before our trip. Possibly Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm kind of excited about it, although it certainly won't be a big money maker! It'll get me out of the house in the winter and among people.

I'm not doing much cooking this week, so food choices will be slim. Any food in the fridge will be trash till we get home, so trying to eat everything up! DH is pretty easy going when it comes to eating...not too fussy. Plus, I may be working at dinner time! What??!!

Over & out!
Closed Thread