Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-06, 12:10

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default 2 Books? There are 3 Books!

Sign me up! Actually, sign me up a week from now!

This week I went to the Women to Women Center in Maine (nationally known -- people fly there from all over the country for their special care) and was told that I most likely have adrenal burnout. The cortisol test my regular doctor gave me came back very high, actually above the normal range (though he said it was normal). I'll be taking two additional tests to confirm and to determine the severity.

In the meantime, they told me to do Michael Thurmond's "6-Day Makeover" and then move directly into Schwarzbein. I've only done a bit of research so far, so I'm sure I'll have some questions as the time nears (next Saturday).

The thing is, she told me to buy books 1 and 3. I've heard all about books 1 and 2, but never 3.

Book 1 is the original. Book 2 is the revised. Book 3 is called "The Program: Losing Weight the Healthy Way, an Easy 5-Step, No-Nonsence Approach."

I was so overwhelmed by everything she said (the appointment took more than an hour!), that I didn't look at the two books in detail. She told me to start with Book 1. But then what's Book 3? More of an ongoing plan?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-06, 17:32

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi BW,
I have all three books. Book 1 is a good intro to the Schwarzbein diet and why it works. Book 2 is alot of info, maybe more than most people have the time to read. It's very informative, goes into how to tell if you have healthy or burned out adrenals, or are insulin sensitive or insulin resistant. If you md already figured out which you are, you don't have to read all the info. Also, book 3 is really concise, it's basically the plan in a nutshell. Easier to follow in general without all the "whys". I'd go to a Barnes & Nobles, or Borders, and take a look at them all, then decide which one you want. I really like the first one, as it is pretty interesting. I like the case studies and how the diet works for different problems. Hope this helps!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-06, 17:36

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks! I already purchased books 1 and 3. And guess what! I just caught DH reading the first book! He's never shown much interest in any plan I've followed (mostly just Atkins and Protein Power), but he said he plans on reading this one cover to cover!

Quick, someone cue the "Hallelujah Chorus"!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 09:22

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

That's interesting! My husband actually went through a study over at Stanford, about how alcohol affects your insulin resistance, or levels. He is from a family of diabetics. Turns out he has mild insulin resistance. After the study was done he wanted to follow some sort of plan, and so he started using Schwarzbein's program after I kind of explained it to him. He probably won't take the time to read those books though. I like the first one the most. Weight and depression are two things I have stuggled with lately, that are discussed. I like the chapter on "low-serotonin". Good for you!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

That's so weird!! I just stumbled upon the Women to Women site last night and have been contemplating ordering their set all day today! I was just telling my best friend about it and saying how I wish I lived in Maine so I could go there!! I'm jealous