Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#9346   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 17:19
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

OK Ruth--here is the first picture for the fart greeting card. Can you just smell the aroma???!!! See even he's trying to get away from it!!

Sponsored Links
  #9347   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 18:48

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Oh, Lisa! He is adorable. My grandparents had one named Cookie. And my mom was telling me that this dog was quite malodorous! When he'd release a SBD (silent, but deadly) DGP would say, real drawn out. Ccooookkiieee. And the dog would lay down and cover his face with his feet, like he was embarassed. It was before I was born, but I would have liked to see it. To make matters worse, Cookie apparently liked Saurkraut.

More photography magic. This one is really surprising. To me anyway.
The angle makes it look worse than it really is..
  #9348   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 20:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185.5/172.0/134 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/29%/25%
Progress: 26%

Dear LisaBuns -

A picture is clearly worth a lotta hot air!!

Enjoy enjoy.

As I tell new moms all the time, "it gets a little better every day..."

Ruth
WONJ#22

"In DREAMS as in Life, Nothing is Impossible!!"
  #9349   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 21:35

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

i am mistress of my domain... day 85.

i was thinking about all of you earlier today while i was making dinner, and something occurred to me... since i joined this challenge, in 85 days i've only called one cheat, and that was for a bottle of beer after a particularly stupidity-filled day... it wasn't even a particularly high-carb kind either, it was perfectly acceptable for lowcarbing. and i'm starting to wonder if i'm missing out on something.

calling cheats isn't in my nature... if i'm going to be good then i'm going to be good and stepping outside the boundaries of low-carbing is illegal. for days i've been craving a kit kat blizzard from dairy queen. i could, conceivably, call a cheat and go have one. except i know i won't. i know i can't. i know that if i do, i'll have far more dire consequences than just not advancing my counter by a day (or having to start all over again). i'll have to deal with demons breaking free of their reins and beating the living hell out of me with the guilt sticks. emotionally i'll feel far worse than the sugar can make me feel physically. and i just don't get it sometimes... how you guys can call cheats and get right back on track, and the only reason i'm still on the wagon is because i'm too scared to get off.

the scale is finally starting to creep down, and it's been oh so freaking slow. the only way i can tell i'm making any kind of progress is because i've been tracking it in MY P.L.A.N.... i bounce around anywhere from .5 to 3lbs from day to day, but it's finally starting to show that the peaks aren't going quite as high each time, and the lows are slowly dipping lower. but it's the fluctuations that scare me too, and have me obsessing over what i eat and how much and when and all that. maybe i'm just overglorifying the memory, but i could have sworn that last time around, the weight just melted off me.

and now i want to go figure out if chocolate whipped cream with pork rinds will emulate a kit kat blizzard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bthinner!
Watch the lady in red's abdomen and arm. They also shaped her and lifted her boobs. The only place these women exist is in the computer.

that lady in red is heidi klum... and it's really sad and scary to see what kind of retouching they do just to keep supermodels in pictures. i was watching "america's next top model" today, and one of the girls had gained some weight over the course of the competition... tyra made the comment that they had to do MAJOR retouching on the girl's photo in order to get her stomach flat. tyra even said "i can eat whatever i want, they'll do all the retouching for me because i've already paid my dues."
  #9350   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 08:55

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

Good Morning Everyone

I AM MOMD day #17 or 18.

Lisa I love the pic. That would be perfect for the "fart" card. My boys love the pics.

Stacy I will read your J. I will keep everyone in my prayers. Hollar if there is anything I can do from here to help ya.

Ruth Magnesium has been helping my sleep and I too have had no headaches I think we stumbled upon magic!!

Good morning to everyone else. I am heading out the door to take the oldest to work. Then off to the mall. I was a little too optimistic with a pair of pants I bought. Toooooo small.

No appetite yet. Am looking forward to grilling out today

Erin
  #9351   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 09:51

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

has anyone else noticed that ollie's tail spins and swirls like lisa's sinny spinny buns?
  #9352   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 14:35

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

Kvon....... by gosh you are right. Thank you for the laugh it was good.

Lisa do you know what I learned about a pug?? Their tail will go straight if sad or depressed.

Kvon???? Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the great job and be proud of yourself.

Went to the mall. Always leave feeling frumpy. Don't know why. Insecure I guess. I did reward myself with the new CK Summer. It reminds me of a time I had forgotten. Just can't remember or who......... I will eventually will though

Erin
  #9353   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks Erin!

It was so horrible. I sure hope they are wrong about Tuesday.
I just don't want to go through that horror again!

~~~~

Hope you all are havin' a great Sunday!
  #9354   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 18:30

Stats: 185.5/172.0/134 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/29%/25%
Progress: 26%

Dear Gang,

Weather here -- howling wind and slashing rain storms...for next 24 hours. Flooding too...but not where we live.

Erin -- YES -- me too = STILL NO HEADACHES and I am sleeping at least 5 hous straight before a potty trip, then another 2-3 hours!! WOW. I did take a "pre-emptive" Tyelnol Migraine this morning and one Sine-off just to be safe since these big fluctuations in air pressure usually do me in -- but it is amazing. MAGNESIUM, I salute thee!

Stacy, Sending hugs and hopes and fingers crossed.

KVonM -- You've been so faithful! It is time you got rewarded!

I have found an online diet called KIMKINS.com which is more restrictive than Atkins, but she really has great success it seems with "resistant" weight problems in some people. My own body fat is quite high (34%) and I am sure that means I do not burn well. I am on her "lean protein and veggies ONLY" program, for the past 2 days, and really feel GOOD. [See my journal for details.] Kimkins is "modified Atkins" because there's no bars, shakes, or other foods with sugar alcohols permitted. You can also try 2-3 days of her Super Starter: only lean protein (ANY kind) with enough fat to cook it, and all the no calorie fluids you want to drink. Add one CENTRUM. People seem to get an excellent WOOSH and it stops cravings DEAD. Personally, however, I felt that keeping my salad and green veggies was worth a slower loss...I also added some hnh to my coffee (just much much less than before). AND 2 s.f. jellos.

Meanwhile, I plan to weigh in on Tuesday morning, assess where I REALLY am and plan from there.

Be well, my Butter Buddies! Happy Sunday night.

Ruth
WONJ#22

"In DREAMS as in Life, Nothing is Impossible!!"
  #9355   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 19:09
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Ok everyone... we've got to move HERE

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...755#post6715755

You guys have been so awesome the threads are getting sooooo large they're slowing the forum down! Sooo.. the solution?? Same thread, same support.. new space. Please come make this new thread part of your subscriptions!!

Love y'all!!

Mike
Closed Thread