Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 17:27

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 243/189/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Schwarzbein eating

My brother gave me The Schwarzbein Principle book to read and I immediately adopted this way of eating. I really love this way of eating. I am never hungry and never have any carb cravings. Back in 2002-2004 I lost 80 pounds with Weight Watchers, but over the next few years gained 40 pounds back. I know in my heart I gained the weight back because I was down right hungry! I would try so hard to stick to my measly 22 points and found myself constantly hungry. After reading this book I realize it was not the calories/point system, it was the food I was eating, and I was not eating enough protein and fat.

If anyone would like to be on-line buddies -- please feel free to write me.

I am looking to lose 30-40 pounds (hopefully within a year).

Thanks, ~Tammy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-09, 07:18

Plan: back to moderate carb.
Stats: 185/165/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Tammy, I would like to start sp diet ad be a online buddy with you. I weigh the same as you, but you may have lost some since. i am looking to lose 40 lbs in 09.
Shirl
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-09, 12:20

BF:
Progress:
Default Email me soon

Shirl, yes, let's be on-line buddies.

My computer at home is non-functional right now, but you can write me at my work email address. Write me back at:

tamarapresti~chi-east.org
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 05:22

BF:

Tammy, I will Just post here.
Today I am eating eggs
Porkchops and steamed vegies and salad
Chicken and salad
I am weighing in on Mondays, how about you.
I haven't got my book yet, but should get it today or tomorrow.
I am watching Obama being sworn in today as our President on TV.
Tammy have a great day
Shirlee
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-09, 07:58

BF:
Progress:
Default Good Idea

Shirlee,

Yea, that's a good idea -- we can post here.

My brother gave me the book to read awhile ago. I followed it pretty good until the holidays hit, then I went back to my old way of eating ... ate too many carbs over the holidays and gained about 8 pounds back in one month.

But on 1/2/09 I have been back to watching my carb intake and doing good. I try to stick to 15 carbs for snacks and about 15-30 for dinner.

I also purchased a Pilates machine from QVC on New Year's Eve and got that about a week later and absolutely love it. Ever hear of Pilates? If not, go to QVC's website and search Pilates and you'll see the machine I purchased.

~Tammy
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-09, 06:19

BF:

Tammy,
I have got to get into some kind of exercise, I will look at the pilates macine. Is it expensive?
I am so sick of not feeling good. How do you feel on the diet?
I should be getting my books soon, today or tomorow. I ordered 2 of her books and a cookbook from amazon.
I am having company today and have to get busy.
Have a great day,
Shirlee
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 08:33

BF:
Progress:
Default Good Morning

Shirlee,

Good morning, sorry I didn’t answer your email sooner. I don’t have a computer hooked up at home. I actually had to make room for my Pilates machine and disassembled my computer and it’s in my closet right now. I’m hoping to get a laptop later this year, so that way I’ll be able to check my email at home. But for right now I can only check my email at work.

The Pilates machine was $329 and I got free shipping. It’s a very easy machine to use and I have never been sore after using it.

Lately I am wondering if I am eating too much, or too many carbohydrates. Supposedly this way of eating you don’t have to worry about calories, but I am wondering if that really is true. In the book she says don’t worry about calories, just worry about carbohydrates. I was thinking of following the Schwarzbein Principle 4-week menu plan for the Healing Phase of her program. I need to reduce my carbs more so I will start to shed some weight. As of right now I am just staying the same, between 190-195 pounds.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 08:45

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I've never read this book, but have just ordered it at Betterworld.com. Can someone who has read it tell me how/if it varies from say Atkins or Protein Power?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 08:59

BF:
Progress:

Oh it's not Atkins, Atkins is to strict. The Schwarzbein Principle talks about the complete square -- every meal or snack should have carbs, protein, fat, and non-starchy vegetables.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/180/175 Male 59 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairballz
I've never read this book, but have just ordered it at Betterworld.com. Can someone who has read it tell me how/if it varies from say Atkins or Protein Power?

In addition to the fat/protein/carb at every meal, it details 3 meals a day and 2 snacks but even this can vary. Carb levels are geared to your activity levels. The more active you are the more carbs for that activity level.