Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 06:33

Plan: Keto under 20 c
Stats: 170/157/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 52%

8 days!!!
yesterday was another success for my lips together after work plan. Also yesterday afternoon I believe I had a bit of keto flu.

Kristine - I sit for my job so I would like to just counter that with 30 minutes of walking. I like the investment that you described. That makes a lot of sense. This forum is awesome.

Today I am so empowered I feel like a comic strip character.? Will this normally chubby girl, skinny down so clothes fit her frame? (size med goal) Will cholesterol numbers fall in line? Will I dance in the posies on light feet and live to a ripe old age? Well yes yes perhaps I can!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 06:40
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterborou
... Can I actually succeed? Will this normally chubby girl, skinny down so clothes fit her frame? ( size med goal) Will cholesterol numbers fall in line? Will I dance in the posies on light feet and live to a ripe old age? Well yes yes perhaps I can!!!

Believe, then make it happen. Commit to your plan everyday. Be strong on the hard days. Enjoy the easy days. Be patient. Keep learning about yourself and this WOE. Stay on the path and you will get to where you want to go.

As for me, I will be starting my 90 day challenge over again starting April 1st. The pig-out of the Feldman protocol sort of through my eating off. The disappointing spike in my LDL has made me reconsider my current eating plan. I've also been sick with either a cold or the fiu for 10 days. That and rain has knocked me off of my regular exercise routine. I was doing so well and then suddenly the past few weeks I have been in a funk.

I posted in my journal the details of what my new eating plan will be. It is not really new. The plan is to return to eating the way I was eating when I was on the home stretch of my original weight loss journey. I weigh now about what I weighed at this time of the year in 2016. What I did for the following 6 months got me under 200 pounds. It worked then. Hopefully it will work again. This plan involves a few more net carbs, more fiber, limited use of IFs, eating at mealtime only and keeping an eye on my total calories. In the next few days I'll be thinking about how to translate this into my next 90 challenge.
  #2013   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 08:23

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Sounds like a plan Ken. I'm formulating my practice period too starting Apr. 1 - The EBN (Eat Before Noon) simply didn't work out or I was not willing to enter into a zone of non-comfort. I think excessive physical exersize may play a part in hunger after NOON but there is also a willing-ness part that was lacking on my part. I didn't fall welcomingly into the abyss of the _unknown_

Meditaion was spotty as well. I think I'll choose just ONE THING to work on next period and not be tempted into trying to internalize all new habits at the same time. It's eaiser for me to concentrate and observe one thing at a time, like the breath for instance

See you guys April 1 for 3 more months of practicing to enjoy practicing something.
  #2014   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 19:20

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Day 25 of 90

Rigid:
~ Maximum of 25 net carbs per day - X
~ Water intake of at least 20 oz. - 24 oz.

Probably Needed:
~ 12 meais off plan (equals one per week) Controlled and planned
3/12

Expected, and if happens, will not derail me...
~ 6 days off plan (2 per month)
2/6

Required:
~ If off plan, default back to plan immediately. I will be accountable to report this.

Start date: March 4, 2018
  #2015   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 19:33

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 2 of 5 this week

goal: 15 min of creative writing, research or extracting writing from journal notes 5 days a week for my project/s.

30 min spent researching and ordering a book thru the interlibrary loan on a topic I am writing about for project 1. I am hoping they can get if for me before May 28... after that I have no time to read.
  #2016   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 23:36

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

54/90

Feb 2 start date. (26 d)

My 90 day challenge:

3 goofs used
Only LC sanctioned pizza, no other.
Goof ups allowed: 3, but not more than 2 pcs.
zero goofs left.

Would like to add on:
3 goofs used
1 T flax every morning. 10 misses allowed.
7 misses left

Adding on 1 serving of lc vegies a day. Minimum.
1 goofs used
For next 60 days, allowing 4 goofs.
3 misses left

Start date March 27 cannot eat ham, ever!!!!!!!!!! No goofs allowed. NONE.
2/90[/QUOTE]
  #2017   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 04:11

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Day 88
0 missed
Total misses 33 (out of 440 possible)

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM
4. In bed by 10PM
  #2018   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 07:10

Plan: Keto under 20 c
Stats: 170/157/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 52%

day nine[
Yesterday was an awesome success I was hungry in evening but just relaxed into it and slept well .
Now this long weekend will be the challenge. I am going to the boy friends and he lives with his daughter and a bunch of expanded family, as I would prefer to have things differently this set up stresses me out. My stress relief is normally food and his house is filled with snacks. So actually not looking forward to it. I will have to cart in a supply of vegetables because they never have them. I don't feel so much like super woman today.

Lonely little Petunia in an onion patch.

Nancy
  #2019   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 07:28
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ken and Thud, your timing of a restart is good - we need to restart this thread. It has reached 2000 posts, and we have to close threads of this length to keep our 'vintage' forum running most efficiently.

...so Thud, April 1 is a good a time as any to start the new thread. I'll PM you about this too, just to give you a heads-up. If you're busy and/or don't see the messages, I'll start it with a duplicate of your first post here.

Before anyone asks, NO, this thread isn't being deleted. It just has to be closed to new posts. One of us will put a link to this thread in the first post of the new thread, and a link to the new thread in this one.

Okay, moderator hat removed:

Day 58

1. Activity: done
2. Weigh-in: done
3. Supps: done
4. Food: on-plan

Food freebies used: 8/5
  #2020   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 08:21

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks Kristine.

I’ll let some one else continue this thread and maybe add a different twist. Feel free to use any ideas from this one as it evolved. I know some of you like more “rules based challenges” with better definitions of “success” or “failure”

To me practice has two angles. Refining what you can already do and exploring what you can’t which has a very high failure rate. I prefer the latter so my thread would be mostly about failure then eventual insight. Like the story of the 7 blind men, after feeling all of the elephants parts, try to describe it

But “if someone builds it (new thread) I will likely participate

Thanks all who have joined this one and may you discover what you are looking for!
  #2021   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 14:41

BF:

Quote:
day nine[
Yesterday was an awesome success I was hungry in evening but just relaxed into it and slept well .
Now this long weekend will be the challenge. I am going to the boy friends and he lives with his daughter and a bunch of expanded family, as I would prefer to have things differently this set up stresses me out. My stress relief is normally food and his house is filled with snacks. So actually not looking forward to it. I will have to cart in a supply of vegetables because they never have them. I don't feel so much like super woman today.

Lonely little Petunia in an onion patch.

Nancy

Good luck. GOod strategies. Do you like mozzarella sticks? Easy to keep in a pocket. no refrig needed.

I often dont go to family events if I feel I cant toe the line. I put me first now.

GO armed, with a drink or two that is safe. You've got this!!
  #2022   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 14:47

BF:

54/90

Feb 2 start date. (26 d)

My 90 day challenge:

3 goofs used
Only LC sanctioned pizza, no other.
Goof ups allowed: 3, but not more than 2 pcs.
zero goofs left.

Adding on 1 serving of lc vegies a day. Minimum.
1 goofs used
For next 60 days, allowing 4 goofs.
3 misses left

Start date March 27 cannot eat ham, ever!!!!!!!!!! No goofs allowed. NONE.
2/90

dropping flax from my program. perhaps too much estrogentic effect is not helping the weight loss goals.
  #2023   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 17:12

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Day 26 of 90

Rigid:
~ Maximum of 25 net carbs per day - X
~ Water intake of at least 20 oz. - 24 oz.

Probably Needed:
~ 12 meais off plan (equals one per week) Controlled and planned
4/12

Expected, and if happens, will not derail me...
~ 6 days off plan (2 per month)
2/6

Required:
~ If off plan, default back to plan immediately. I will be accountable to report this.

Start date: March 4, 2018
  #2024   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 18:01

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
8 days!!!...
Today I am so empowered I feel like a comic strip character.? Will this normally chubby girl, skinny down so clothes fit her frame? (size med goal) Will cholesterol numbers fall in line? Will I dance in the posies on light feet and live to a ripe old age? Well yes yes perhaps I can!!!

I sort of skimmed thru this but reading now, I love it! Why yes, I believe you can too! (I am usually late to the party...)

goal: 15 min of creative writing, research or extracting writing from journal notes 5 days a week for my project/s.
15 min spent editing, and a tiny bit of research for project 1.
  #2025   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-18, 04:18

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Day 89
0 missed
Total misses 33 (out of 445 possible)

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM