Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 17:16
Tex04

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default avg lbs per week?

Have any of you figured out your average lbs lost per week? I am at about 2 lbs/week, which I think is pretty normal/healthy. Of course that all came off in two whooshes. Gets frustrating to not see the scale move for 2 weeks, but I have to have faith that it will soon!

I was just curious, I thought maybe I should cut something out of my food choices to speed things up. If I am in the norm, then I am happy! As long as it keeps coming off!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 13:26
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

I think a weight loss of one or two pounds a week is normal and perfectly desirable. If you lost weight much faster, it would be more likely to come back on. I lost a lot of water weight the first week (on Atkins induction), but since then it's been at about the rate of a pound or less a week. And if you're exercising, you might expect to lose weight even more slowly, as the fat converts to muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. So don't worry about your rate of weight loss-it seems right to me.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 20:08

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey I'm having the same problem...been on Atkins/Protein Power for a month today. Lost 8 pounds counting the 1 pound loss today... it is looking more like 1 pound per week for me lately, though. However, I have recently started to substitue my snacks with a protein shake....half of the protein power, 1/4 cup of berries...1/2 c. of water....and 3 ice cubes...along with 1 pack of sweetner... It seems to help fill me up and I seem to be losing a little better now...

TJ
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 23:25

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 245/197/205
BF:
Progress: 120%

That is certainly plausable (sp?). If you really wanted to go all out and loose 3-5 pounds a week, for males anyways, include exercise and cutting down carbs even more. Filling up with extremely low carb foods like cheese and meats helps with this. And for me anyways, exercising is much easier knowing that I am burning fat for fuel and not carbs which is much more motivating. Also I try to do it in the evenings which helps to curb my appetite. Getting in the habit of eating at night makes a big difference for me.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 16:48

Plan: general LC (+ gbp)
Stats: 218.3/150/130 Female 158 cm
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi!

It seems like I'm losing about one pound a week. As long as I'm losing I'm happy.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:11
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%
Smile

Don't forget the inches everyone, they will start melting off. My clothes fit so much better ( not as good as they will). 1-2 lbs sounds about right. My biggest challange is coming up with new recipes. I am constantly looking for the balance. Doing okay today.

Have a great day!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: inspired Montignac SB
Stats: 238.5/179/165 Male 5'10 1/2"
BF:getting better :o)
Progress: 81%

Typically 1-1.25 lbs a week. I don't think that 2lbs a week is good for 8-10+ week unless you have 80lbs pounds to lose.