Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/237/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up Jazz dance

I have started taking Jazz dance classes and I love them. They are like taking aerobics but only better. You get this great work-out and have fun dancing all at the same time. I suggest that people try it. I have lost 19 pounds in 3 weeks and believe that this has helped me lose those pounds besides my LCing along with it. But it helps give me energy. Try looking into it if you like dancing and just take a beggining adult dance class you will be amazed and I believe everyone will love it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 12:38
Registered Member

BF:

Well, started the day out great. I woke up early and walked on the treadmill to get me started for the day. I will be doing Jazz class tonight and tomorrow night. Can't wait for that expecially since I have made all kinds of new friends there. Had a great time walking on the treadmill and watching the New's this morning at least I felt like I was really productive. I have so much energy this morning too. I also did my morning sit up of about 200 and will do more tonight. Can not wait to have a nice lean waist.
Shondel
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 22:38
Registered Member

BF:

Just got home from danc
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 22:51
Registered Member

Stats: 187/181/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 12%

Shonnee, that sounds like so much fun, I am excited for you.
Keep it up. You go girl.

#5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-01, 09:27
Registered Member

BF:

Dance class was so great last night. I had so much energy and such a good workout that I went and did 15 minutes on the treadmill after I got home. I woke up this morning early and did another 30 minutes on the treadmill along with 100 situps and 25 pushups. I am feeling so great. I am totally going to work out twice a day. At least I will be seeing more inches come off faster then it has before. Going to dance class again tonight and will have all that energy again I believe but at least I am going full force and not getting burned out. I am having so much fun that I wish that dance class was 7 nights a week that would be great. I might add a dance class and do a Tap class since I have been having so much energy. I know that I will never have the body of a dancer but at least I am doing it and having a great time with it.
Shondel
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 09:06
Registered Member

BF:

Feeling great I get to do another Jazz class tonight which should be great since over the weekend I have been slacking on my working out. I have been drained with having a problem that my doctor's couldn't figure out. Hopping that this will give me the energy that I have been looking for. Can't wait to go and see all my friends I have made too. Hope that we get a great work out too which we should.
Shondel
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 10:55
Registered Member

BF:

Did Jazz class last night had so much fun doing it. I got a great work out that I totally felt it afterwards it was great. I had so much fun doing it that I can not believe that exercise could be so much fun. I didn't even feel like I was working out at all. My best friend takes the class with me and said last night, I am so jealous you are getting skinny! That made me feel so great about myself made me feel like everything I am doing is helping.
Shondel
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 11:32
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 321.5/205.5/175
BF:
Progress: 79%
Talking Awesome for you!

Glad you are enjoying your classes. I wish my town was big enough for that kind of stuff. . . but I will just stick with Martial Arts.

Congrats on finding something great and good luck

Mike
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 15:23
Registered Member

BF:

I have to say that your martial arts is great. My husband takes that. He say's that it is a great workout. I love being able to get out and move and martial arts is certainly moving.
Shondel